2024 DT Board (2024 Edition) [Mario: This Time Its Personal]

Advertisement
I will say this…I do think we land another stud HS DT recruit to go with Jones this year.

I don't know if it's Breland…I don't if it will be a flip of Stone or one of these kids we've gone to the wire with. It could be someone that we don't even know we are recruiting. But I do think it will be a "priority", a "blue chip", 4 * whatever.

Just a gut feeling, but it's my prediction. We are recruiting the **** out of these kids. It will pay off in the end. And I'm not even counting the portal, which I think we'll get one there either way. But we get a HS 4* type as well
I wouldn’t count on Jones being in the class let alone adding someone to go along with him.

Maybe more focus goes into keeping him committed with everything that has transpired with other top targets

I wouldn’t count on Jones being in the class let alone adding someone to go along with him.

Maybe more focus goes into keeping him committed with everything that has transpired with other top targets

Yes my statement implies that we need to hold on to him (and add 1)

Last edited:
He was AD at Miami and a real egomaniac *******. He fired Mario due to wanting to control the entire football program ... and then he was fired a couple of years later.
Crazy but he actually survived at FIU until 2021.

2Nd Chance Fah GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Joe salavea rn

Advertisement

So no DT in the class!? Can someone again please explain why Joe is still on this staff past this year

He's about to get a raise. Kid will have a ton of leverage.

Advertisement
I'm interested to see where UM/Mario goes next. I don't think it was Stone or nothing. I believe they've been working other DTs and probably kids committed elsewhere. I have confidence in this staff to perfect us into top 10 class this year.
Bro all the teams ahead of us have less commits. We have way to many low ranked guys whether they are underrated or not this class will probably end up where it is now. Definitely now that stone is gone

So no DT in the class!? Can someone again please explain why Joe is still on this staff past this year

Because some fans will constantly shift responsibility. If we don't get a DT, they'll say Joe wasn't the primary recruiter and that Taylor is more responsible. It's a failure of basic logical reasoning skills.

Maybe a big reason DE recruiting has been strong has a lot to do with having one of the greatest DEs in the history of the NFL on staff. DEs want to learn from Taylor, so the 5-7 record doesn't really mean much because the DEs feel like they will get elite coaching and get drafted. Same goes for the OL, recruits know they will get elite coaching, the W/L isnt much of a factor. And in the defensive backfield, they see a recent track record of developing top tier safeties.

What would attract a premier DT to UM? We're talking about one of the most coveted and high priced positions in cfb (in terms of NIL). They could go anywhere and get top dollar. The one thing that might persuade a top DT recruit i[BGCOLOR=initial]s seeing that a particular coach has a track record of developing DTs and getting them drafted. Salavea ain't that guy. [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]I'm not saying its a D'nofrio level fail for Cristobal, but DT recruiting has been poor for two years in a row now. How many years of failure will it take before he makes a change? Cristobal needs to try someone new at DT recruiting to get it fixed. Pay Charlie Partridge whatever he is asking. [/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
they didnt do it based off inflation but you sound like you dont have season tickets or even give to the university...
You’re wrong about that. I’m am alum from 1976 and have given annually every year since. I’ve also had season tickets for 15 years long after l’ve moved out of So Fl.

Using higher prices as some excuse or justification is non-starter. They’ve been rising ever since I graduated.

You’re wrong about that. I’m am alum from 1976 and have given annually every year since. I’ve also had season tickets for 15 years long after l’ve moved out of So Fl.

Using higher prices as some excuse or justification is non-starter. They’ve been rising ever since I graduated.
ive had tickets ever since I graduated and donate on top of that to the school and athletic dept separately. they had years where my ticket prices never even went up. it shot up this year along with other micro donations in order to gain access to other things that were previously included and paid for in prior years. Idk how to explain to you that the cost of putting more into the football program is def felt by the STHers and boosters bc the money comes from somewhere and part of it is our money we spend on the program and donate. since you do donate, maybe you got invited to the event in October.

ive had tickets ever since I graduated and donate on top of that to the school and athletic dept separately. they had years where my ticket prices never even went up. it shot up this year along with other micro donations in order to gain access to other things that were previously included and paid for in prior years. Idk how to explain to you that the cost of putting more into the football program is def felt by the STHers and boosters bc the money comes from somewhere and part of it is our money we spend on the program and donate. since you do donate, maybe you got invited to the event in October.
Listen. You don’t have to explain anything to me. I a former auditor. I know money is fungible. No one is advocating being wasteful.

The point is griping about increased prices. An inflationary bias is baked into the system. I remember friends griping about tickets to our first national championship. The ticket price was $20.00.
IMG_0946.jpeg

Advertisement
Listen. You don’t have to explain anything to me. I a former auditor. I know money is fungible. No one is advocating being wasteful.

The point is griping about increased prices. An inflationary bias is baked into the system. I remember friends griping about tickets to our first national championship. The ticket price was $20.00.View attachment 253275
So you going in octoebr?

Is Guidry recruiting anybody at all?
We keep bashing Big Joe and saying JT is new.
But is the defensive scheme or lack of p5 coaching also a hindrance?
Are recruits mentioning him at all?

Advertisement
Back