2024 DT Board (2024 Edition) [Mario: This Time Its Personal]

Haha it’s not going well but the portal can cover up a ton of recruiting misses. It’s different now. I never expected any of the out of state top guys anyways. Blount sucks but he is 16 and won’t see the field for two years.

Let’s see if Jones sticks, got boroughs, not sure what the board looks like. Need some JUCO or transfers. May Collins puts on a ton of weight and is healthy and a DT next year who knows. Maybe we get lucky and LT returns for his senior year
I have very little confidence we're going to do well with portal DTs.Everyone will be going after them too even the schools who beat us for the high school kids.

Advertisement
I have very little confidence we're going to do well with portal DTs.Everyone will be going after them too even the schools who beat us for the high school kids.
U mean it won't just be Miami?

You are correct DT’s are right behind QB’s as highly sought after positions with not a lot of supply. I’m sure Mario who has coached for many many many years will find a way to field talented DT’s. We will check back next summer.

If I am Mario, I am calling up someone like Charlie Partridge at Pitt or Nick Eason at Clemson and offering:

1. 2x on their current salaries.
2. An added title, especially for Partridge like asst head coach.

Both those guys would be huge upgrades in terms of recruiting and historical player development.

Advertisement
Sounds like they have one more DL coming Miami's way. I wonder if its LJ Mccray cause the Gators are a mess. Napier going into a lame duck season and would need to win 9 games next year to save his job. Just a guess

Advertisement
Multiple people said McCray's dad got a job with UF. He aint flipping nowhere. If i had to guess i would say Dylan Stewart. Him and Scott were the two most likely from the beginning. Then there is also the rumblings with Blount. Those 2 would finish an elite haul after all the ups and downs.
Flipping Stewart, Blount, and Lyle would have to make us a top 3 class if it happened.

I've always liked McCray and would always have him on board…But what's up with his ranking lol?

In what world should he be ranked, at this point of their careers above Justin Scott and David Stone?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Sassy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement
Back