Drug Use, Addiction, & Society (f/k/a Chris Graves (enters the Portal))

Advertisement
If you enter the portal this late you’re ineligible until 2024. Not only that but you need film if the plan is to transfer at the same level. It puts you in a situation where your best option is to go Juco. That is what we call bad decision making. To willingly enter the portal at this point is foolish which is why guys entering the portal right now across the country typically don’t have a choice. “Aka pink slips”
I guess his destination will tell us. But if you read my other post, if you know you arent playing this year, are relatively young where you do not have good or bad tape, my guess is you can get another P5 offer easily. Unless he did something I doubt Mario is forcing him out this late, my guess is to do it this late, as a former top 120 kid, he has a destination already signed up. **** it could be he tried to put out feelers after spring ball when he wasnt getting much burn with the ones, most schools said nah, now we are later in the recruiting cycle maybe some of those teams missed on HS CBs and were willing to entertain him.

he is a RS freshman so even sitting this year he would still have 3 years to play, basically like signing a HS kid.

The part that will never make sense to me....

The deadline to enter the portal and get immediate eligibility has passed.

Unless he gets a waiver to play at FGCU (his hometown which doesn't have football), he has to sit an entire year now.

So you rather sit for a year than battle it out and get some tape, if playing time is the real issue? You're not gonna play at all now.

From the outside looking in, this seems like that DE that transferred out right before camp like this. Something Williams. And I believe that was a grades issue?

Just doesn't make sense to willingly chose to sit a year.
This!!! Mind you Williams hasn’t been picked up by anyone. If you wanna leave whatever but you’re shooting yourself in the foot by not making a move earlier and he essentially wasted a year. Colleges rather you develop in a P5 D1 program instead of just being at the crib. Maybe he goes Juco(which is even more humbling)

Advertisement
I guess his destination will tell us. But if you read my other post, if you know you arent playing this year, are relatively young where you do not have good or bad tape, my guess is you can get another P5 offer easily. Unless he did something I doubt Mario is forcing him out this late, my guess is to do it this late, as a former top 120 kid, he has a destination already signed up. **** it could be he tried to put out feelers after spring ball when he wasnt getting much burn with the ones, most schools said nah, now we are later in the recruiting cycle maybe some of those teams missed on HS CBs and were willing to entertain him.

he is a RS freshman so even sitting this year he would still have 3 years to play, basically like signing a HS kid.
I’m trying to tell you what happened if you read my last posts.

Advertisement
These kids are getting godawful advice from whoever they have in their ear.

He should've entered the portal back in April, or thugged it out on special teams/garbage time this season then enter in December. Now he's stuck in no man's land because no team is reaching in the portal 10 days before fall camp starts.

Unless an off the field incident happened where the program nudged him into the portal, this is just flat out stupid on his part.

Advertisement
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Advertisement
If you’re talented you stay and fight for a spot. I don’t understand the mindset just weeks before camp makes no sense to me.
Nobody really knows why this happened or can’t really speak on it.
Some dudes work hard and expect to start based on effort and time spent in.
These are players that have been “great” since pee wee.
They can’t fathom the thought of sitting behind dudes for 2 years.

We’re talking about a generation that can’t sit for a 30 second video cause they grew up on snap and Tik tok.

And of course there is always the possibility that he fcked up somehow, broke a rule, or was habitually doing dumb sht.

I thought he had/has a huge upside.

Advertisement
Back