Drug Use, Addiction, & Society (f/k/a Chris Graves (enters the Portal))

Advertisement
Hurts more for 2024 and on.

This season you have:

Devante Brown
Daryl Porter Jr.
Jaden Davis
Jadais Richard
Tecory Couch
Malik Curtis
Demari Brown
Robert Stafford

Prime example of a kid who is glorified on here for having all the potential but never puts it all together to actually be trusted and get on the field. We won’t win with a roster full of these kids (nothing against the kid). We need Day 1 dudes and backfill with Day 1 dudes.

Advertisement
Prime example of a kid who is glorified on here for having all the potential but never puts it all together to actually be trusted and get on the field. We won’t win with a roster full of these kids (nothing against the kid). We need Day 1 dudes and backfill with Day 1 dudes.
But wait.... Why are we expecting kids to put it all together in just ONE YEAR. That's why this is puzzling.

I think this is all part of roster crunch. Gotta make room and get to 85
Not sure we are ushering 6'2 athletic freshman CB's the door. Their is other fat to be trimmed unless he was a bad culture fit.

This may be more of Brown, Davis, and Richard coming in immediately jumping him on the depth chart, and he is upset about that.

Advertisement
IDK man this screams tampering to me.... I was and still am really high on him as a prospect, I also recall he was like 16 as a senior so he was very young. Didnt expect him to get much PT as a TF, this year we obviously brought in a bunch of comp and while I think his athletic traits were popping but it seemed to be the same "consistent" label by a bunch of random people who would know. To me that is not a huge issue right now, its a kid who should be a TF THIS YEAR still learning. Then 2 weeks before fall camp he decides to bounce? Nah, unless he had some blowup or got in some trouble he looking to get in a fall camp at his already known destination, sit a year because he likely would not have played much for the Canes this year, then have a shot next year.

This is a classic example of why recruiting character and mindset is equally as important as talent. Some dudes can’t get out of their own way off the field to give themselves a chance on the field. You hate to see it but it’s gonna happen. Luckily we loaded up on bodies this offseason.

Advertisement
Things change a lot in less than a month.

This sounds emotional to me:

42E169E3-E0AA-4C4E-8CCD-CD379B8EFCF3.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol man I'm done. Fvck lil dude. Waiting this late. Can't even try to compete. Kick rocks then.

Still sucks for us depth wise though.
Think about this logically and ask yourself. Is entering the portal this late a decision that makes sense from a players standpoint? Simple answer is no.

Now remember the other side… every portal entry isn’t voluntary. I’m just saying. Odds are this has nothing to do with competing.

If it doesn’t make sense 9 times out of 10 it’s something else at play.

Advertisement
Back