Drops last 3 games

brock

All-American
[TWEET]925835190152368128[/TWEET]
You can say whatever you want about malik but bottom line this is an alarming rate of drops for a 3 game span period . Yes he needs to improve but so does everyone around him
18 drops in 3 games is ridiculous

Advertisement
Didn't seem like 6 drops against UNC. I'd say maybe 4 (screen to Herndon, Richards on an in route, and a couple others).

I didn't see one clearly dropped ball in the UNC game. The wrs. had to make difficult catches the entire game. Moreover, Rosier was extremely erratic in that game. I guess we'll have to chalk it up on his shoulder problems.

I didn't see one clearly dropped ball in the UNC game. The wrs. had to make difficult catches the entire game. Moreover, Rosier was extremely erratic in that game. I guess we'll have to chalk it up on his shoulder problems.

Richards dropped 2
Jeff Thomas dropped 1(could have been a better ball)
Travis Homer dropped one(would have been a td on a rb screen)
Herndon dropped one

Advertisement
[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION], you are an excuse machine, but I have to agree with you on this one.

Catch the damned ball!

You didn't see one dropped ball? How many beers you drank that game?

Those drops turn most of those games into blow outs

concentration.... weve lacked it those past few games

Advertisement
Syracuse was on the receivers. Richards flat dropped 3 looking to run before securing the catch, lost a contested ball that hit his hands first, and he therefore should have secured. Berrios and Mullins each had one go right through their hands.

In the UNC game, Rosier was all over the place. He was turning routine plays into very tough catches. I don't know what all they counted as drops, but I clearly remember Homer and Herndon having to make amazing adjustments just to get a hand on the ball.

All in all, as much as people like to find one little thing and harp on it, we have not really seen a common denominator in our week to week struggles on offense. I mean, I know we have a common symptom, failure to convert 3rd downs and red zone TD's, but that seems to have a new cause every week. That tells me that the players and coaches are at least getting better at addressing last week's failures ahead of next week's game. It's encouraging. I just hope we're addressing things fast enough to overcome our schedule ahead.

From the beginning of time…when QB’s experience an inordinate amount of drops they are apt to press and attempt to guide the ball to the receiver, which interrupts the normal throwing motion. Additionally, they will begin to think the game rests solely on their shoulders and the result will be passes forced into areas they shouldn’t be. Not good!

As for the North Carolina game and Rosier’s accuracy (or lack thereof)…on many occasions the Tar Heels defensive line was either hurrying Rosier or pushing our offensive linemen back into his face, thus the many passes batted down and/or off target throws (make no mistake, Rosier had an off day that may have occurred without the pressure). Of course, with absolutely no running game defensive linemen can get down in the starting blocks like Usain Bolt as they all out barrel towards the QB with no respect for the run. Here again, the batted down passes ‘can’ also see the QB adjust his throwing motion. Not good!

As Leonard Cohen said; “Your faith was strong, but you needed proof...” The very instant the Canes offensive line begins to push the opposing defensive linemen off the line of scrimmage and a running game emerges is when the world will witness a miraculous and holy transformation of Rosier…Hallelujah Brothers and Sisters!

Screen to homer was a sure TD from where I was sitting. Changed the game completely.

Advertisement
'Cause was terrible, but I did not realize NC was that bad too... I wonder how many AR has dropped this year.

The drops hurt but Rosier constantly throws to the wrong shoulder of the receiver making it a difficult catch. Berrios' sliding backwards catch for a first down was a touchdown if Rosier hits him in stride.

From the beginning of time…when QB’s experience an inordinate amount of drops they are apt to press and attempt to guide the ball to the receiver, which interrupts the normal throwing motion. Additionally, they will begin to think the game rests solely on their shoulders and the result will be passes forced into areas they shouldn’t be. Not good!

As for the North Carolina game and Rosier’s accuracy (or lack thereof)…on many occasions the Tar Heels defensive line was either hurrying Rosier or pushing our offensive linemen back into his face, thus the many passes batted down and/or off target throws (make no mistake, Rosier had an off day that may have occurred without the pressure). Of course, with absolutely no running game defensive linemen can get down in the starting blocks like Usain Bolt as they all out barrel towards the QB with no respect for the run. Here again, the batted down passes ‘can’ also see the QB adjust his throwing motion. Not good!

As Leonard Cohen said; “Your faith was strong, but you needed proof...” The very instant the Canes offensive line begins to push the opposing defensive linemen off the line of scrimmage and a running game emerges is when the world will witness a miraculous and holy transformation of Rosier…Hallelujah Brothers and Sisters!

As bad as I hate to agree with you, you're right on the money here. UNC was able to get a constant pressure on Rosier that he has not had to contend with, and it very well could have made him uncomfortable at the very least. They stacked the box and dared us to throw, and when we threw Rosier was too indecisive to get the ball out quickly. He has to do a better job of finding his hot read and making an accurate throw or else every team on our schedule is about to feed us a steady diet of what we saw from UNC.

Advertisement
That shoulder injury could have affected him too. He got slammed pretty hard on that tackle on his throwing arm

Advertisement
Back