Drops last 3 games

I put this on the Donk.

Drops are usually nothing more than lack of concentration when you have decent hands, which our WR corps has, and you can coach them away during the week.

These guys need to focus on this during practice and that’s on the Donk.

Advertisement
That shoulder injury could have affected him too. He got slammed pretty hard on that tackle on his throwing arm

What happened vs fsu?

It was drops in that game too lol, he tightened the fvck up and made some big time throws in the second half and won the game

Im just saying. There wasnt that many drops vs fsu. Dude was playing like fsu defense was the 2000 ravens.

From the beginning of time…when QB’s experience an inordinate amount of drops they are apt to press and attempt to guide the ball to the receiver, which interrupts the normal throwing motion. Additionally, they will begin to think the game rests solely on their shoulders and the result will be passes forced into areas they shouldn’t be. Not good!

As for the North Carolina game and Rosier’s accuracy (or lack thereof)…on many occasions the Tar Heels defensive line was either hurrying Rosier or pushing our offensive linemen back into his face, thus the many passes batted down and/or off target throws (make no mistake, Rosier had an off day that may have occurred without the pressure). Of course, with absolutely no running game defensive linemen can get down in the starting blocks like Usain Bolt as they all out barrel towards the QB with no respect for the run. Here again, the batted down passes ‘can’ also see the QB adjust his throwing motion. Not good!

As Leonard Cohen said; “Your faith was strong, but you needed proof...” The very instant the Canes offensive line begins to push the opposing defensive linemen off the line of scrimmage and a running game emerges is when the world will witness a miraculous and holy transformation of Rosier…Hallelujah Brothers and Sisters!

As bad as I hate to agree with you, you're right on the money here. UNC was able to get a constant pressure on Rosier that he has not had to contend with, and it very well could have made him uncomfortable at the very least. They stacked the box and dared us to throw, and when we threw Rosier was too indecisive to get the ball out quickly. He has to do a better job of finding his hot read and making an accurate throw or else every team on our schedule is about to feed us a steady diet of what we saw from UNC.

If you and I agree on something it can only mean one thing...love is in the air!

That shoulder injury could have affected him too. He got slammed pretty hard on that tackle on his throwing arm

What happened vs fsu?

It was drops in that game too lol, he tightened the fvck up and made some big time throws in the second half and won the game

Im just saying. There wasnt that many drops vs fsu. Dude was playing like fsu defense was the 2000 ravens.

I can recall quite a few actually, regardless everyone needs to continue to improve. Malik’s game will continue to grow. Just have to get him going early with easy throws and then go from there

Advertisement
From the beginning of time…when QB’s experience an inordinate amount of drops they are apt to press and attempt to guide the ball to the receiver, which interrupts the normal throwing motion. Additionally, they will begin to think the game rests solely on their shoulders and the result will be passes forced into areas they shouldn’t be. Not good!

As for the North Carolina game and Rosier’s accuracy (or lack thereof)…on many occasions the Tar Heels defensive line was either hurrying Rosier or pushing our offensive linemen back into his face, thus the many passes batted down and/or off target throws (make no mistake, Rosier had an off day that may have occurred without the pressure). Of course, with absolutely no running game defensive linemen can get down in the starting blocks like Usain Bolt as they all out barrel towards the QB with no respect for the run. Here again, the batted down passes ‘can’ also see the QB adjust his throwing motion. Not good!

As Leonard Cohen said; “Your faith was strong, but you needed proof...” The very instant the Canes offensive line begins to push the opposing defensive linemen off the line of scrimmage and a running game emerges is when the world will witness a miraculous and holy transformation of Rosier…Hallelujah Brothers and Sisters!

As bad as I hate to agree with you, you're right on the money here. UNC was able to get a constant pressure on Rosier that he has not had to contend with, and it very well could have made him uncomfortable at the very least. They stacked the box and dared us to throw, and when we threw Rosier was too indecisive to get the ball out quickly. He has to do a better job of finding his hot read and making an accurate throw or else every team on our schedule is about to feed us a steady diet of what we saw from UNC.

If you and I agree on something it can only mean one thing...love is in the air!

Pump ya brakes. I love to be right. If being right means agreeing with you, then so be it. I'm not going to be wrong just to spite anyone.

What happened vs fsu?

I can recall quite a few actually, regardless everyone needs to continue to improve. Malik’s game will continue to grow. Just have to get him going early with easy throws and then go from there

In all honesty, he's been his own worst enemy for his slow starts. I know we all like to commend him for his poise and even-temperedness when the game is on the line, but he is flat out jittery at the beginning of games. I see him firing lasers into d-linemen, and almost taking Homer's head off with a few. I almost wish we could start games in a 7-0 hole because when we're behind he is a completely different QB. His passes have touch and he processes information better under pressure. It's like he starts the game like he has something to prove.

Pump ya brakes. I love to be right. If being right means agreeing with you, then so be it. I'm not going to be wrong just to spite anyone.

Google the definition for "Sense of humor"...you need to find one. Be well!

Google the definition for "Sense of humor"...you need to find one. Be well!

Smiled the whole time I wrote my response. You assume too much.

Advertisement
I didn't see one clearly dropped ball in the UNC game. The wrs. had to make difficult catches the entire game. Moreover, Rosier was extremely erratic in that game. I guess we'll have to chalk it up on his shoulder problems.

Jeff Thomas dropped a slant pass that could've been a long TD. Homer on a screen play that could have been a TD.

It isn't even the number of drops. It is how many could have been big gains or a TD and how many killed a drive on 3rd down. Those are the key stats behind the drops. Dropping a 5 yard gain on 1st down and coming back with a 40 yard gain down field the next play isn't the same as dropping a 3rd down pass for a 1st down.

It is one thing if the guy is getting hit as the ball gets there and the ball comes out. It is another dropping a wide open pass because you lose focus on the ball. Bal,hits your hands you need to hang on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I didn't see one clearly dropped ball in the UNC game. The wrs. had to make difficult catches the entire game. Moreover, Rosier was extremely erratic in that game. I guess we'll have to chalk it up on his shoulder problems.

Jeff Thomas dropped a slant pass that could've been a long TD. Homer on a screen play that could have been a TD.

the ball on the screen to homer was complete crap. some of the "drops" being discussed are a result of passes that the receivers had to put effort into even getting a hand on. malik is what he is: a sporadic passer with a frustrating inability to lead receivers and that will throw 3 bad passes for every incredible pass. luckily the incredible ones have come when they were really needed.

Advertisement
Rosier can do a better job of hitting his receivers in their hands and in stride, but there is a golden rule for receivers, especially for those at a top-tier program like UM: if the ball hits you in both hands, no matter if it's a little low or high, you better catch it.

Rosier can do a better job of hitting his receivers in their hands and in stride, but there is a golden rule for receivers, especially for those at a top-tier program like UM: if the ball hits you in both hands, no matter if it's a little low or high, you better catch it.

This

****, 18 dropped passes in 3 games WOW!! Some ppl don't understand the magnitude of a dropped ball, that's a felled opportunity for the OFFENSE.. That dropped ball could've been a lot of things; a TD, a First Down or just a positive gain for the OFFENSE.. I have watch my Canes this season, and these dropped balls could've been BIG PLAYS for the offense!!

Advertisement
Back