2024 Drelon Miller

No one is saying we didn’t deserve to win. Of course we did. Canes played amazing. Best feeling since Norte Dame and VT 2017.

What we’re saying is that A2M is a good team and will win games with a powerful offense led by a QB who is returning in 2024. This makes it really hard to flip Miller who is already verbally committed to them. Especially because we know they’ll match any NIL we offer up.
At first I didn’t agree with what you were saying but I think I get the gist

It was a close game. It took Weigman a ton of passes to hit 300 yards and without our best defenders on the line I thought it would be worse. Guidry called a great game but so did Petrino.

Our game with them wasn’t nearly as much about A&M as it was about us though. Petrino is a known quantity and A&M has been recruiting great. Jimbo is a coRch but the dude is an elite recruiter

Our game with them just needed to show that we were a different team than last year and we accomplished that

No clue if that ultimately means we land a guy like this but it will be a smoother road than it was last year

I’m sure Miller feels like no matter who he chooses, he will be fine. We needed to show him that and we did

Advertisement
Not it wasn't. We took the lead in the 1st half and never looked back. And most of the second half was a 2-score lead. When they did try to claw back they were quickly *****-slapped back down.

We were definitely the better team yet we we let TAMU stay in the game because of the ST blunders. Last year people hand waved away the problems that were evident after the Southern Miss game. I thought the offense looked clunky and terrible, and I said so at the time. Slurpers said it was just TVD adjusting to a new offense and he would be fine, after all we beat so miss by 3 scores and we won the BCU game by 50+.

UM looked awesome in 2 of 3 phases against TAMU. The problem is the 3rd phase, ST, isnt even merely below average. It is awful. Like "will cost us multiple games" awful. I don't know how Cristobal fixes it now during the season. If you think I'm blowing it out of proportion, then I'll accept that as fair criticism, but I think I'm right about how STs look right now.

We were definitely the better team yet we we let TAMU stay in the game because of the ST blunders. Last year people hand waved away the problems that were evident after the Southern Miss game. I thought the offense looked clunky and terrible, and I said so at the time. Slurpers said it was just TVD adjusting to a new offense and he would be fine, after all we beat so miss by 3 scores and we won the BCU game by 50+.

UM looked awesome in 2 of 3 phases against TAMU. The problem is the 3rd phase, ST, isnt even merely below average. It is awful. Like "will cost us multiple games" awful. I don't know how Cristobal fixes it now during the season. If you think I'm blowing it out of proportion, then I'll accept that as fair criticism, but I think I'm right about how STs look right now.
Agreed, special teams spotted them a lead - and was not good overall (but I'd consider it even between the blocked put/KO return). But without that spot it would have been a complete beatdown rather than an easy win. Last year a special teams blunder was the difference in that game because we sucked. Special teams might just cost us games this year, just as likely as the offense and defense - because one if not all will eventually. But this game was not close... at all IMO. By the end of the 1st it was obvious to me, we were the much better team, and would win without struggle.

I agree, ST is an issue and needs to improve or it 1000% will cost us. Maybe it was just early big game nerves vs TAMU, but it hasnt just been TAMU. The fielding of punts within the 10 is going to drive me insane. Hopefully we take the bye weekend to do some fixing because we need to fix some issues there.

There really arent as many 5star south Florida WRs as one would think.

Brooks, Inniss, JJ

Go back pretty far!

Lots of top 150 kids- Ladson 4star, Henderson 4 star, pope 4 star, Jeudy 4star, Bruce, Richards, & Victor 4 stars.

2015 - Ridley
2014- Lane
2007-Thompson

the last 5star kid south Florida kid that Miami signed that played any WR for us……..Hester.

Advertisement
Texas, I just see it differently. TVD's completion to George at 2:50-2:45 left to play saved us from a heart attack. We're punting there otherwise with them only 1 score down.

I’ve thought about this a few times and have to remind myself a few things. First, they scored 17 the first half, of which, 14 was a direct result of special teams more so than any explosive offensive drive. Outside of those two first half TDs they only scored 3 more points in the half. The 2nd half is tougher to gauge considering we were likely playing more conservatively given the lead and don’t forget we were missing 3/4 of our starting DL in the 2nd half.

Compare that to our offense which performed incredibly outside of the first two drives which included some poorly timed penalties, a X drop, and bad read or maybe we score on one of those opening drives. We also missed a td or two in the 2nd half (the drop in the end zone, resulted in a fg, and the series where X was streaking across the field wide open but TVD was flushed out the other side of the pocket due to an OL slipping resulting in a punt).

I was shocked at how good our O was that day. Even more shocking at how much we can still improve. Hopefully Miller is open to Dawson and Mario so they can show him. And all this is being done with no high 4 or five star receivers. Imagine it with Drelon, JJ and Trader 🤯

Jeudy was a 4*?
Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 7.56.40 PM.png

Composite 5*

Advertisement

Going back 15 years, the highest rated local WRs have been: Watkins. Cooper, Ridley, Jeudy, Brooks, Hakeem and Innis. Of these, I think most people would have stack ranked Watkins then Jeudy coming out of HS as the most likely to be elite college level WRs then high level pros.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back