Draft Simulation

Najee Harris isn't a unicorn? He's Levon Bell mixed in with Derrick Henry. Boy is a baller. I'm staying away from DE with the top 15 picks in this draft. Zaven Collins at #18?! You crazy man. Good player but you're reaching at 18. 2nd round for him is good value, and 3rd round for him is great value.
Najee is overhyped. How many superbowl rings do Bell and Henry have?

Collins has edge rushing and zone-dropping ability; I think he's perfect for Flo's system and that's the reason you let a guy like KVN walk.

Advertisement
Najee is overhyped. How many superbowl rings do Bell and Henry have?

Collins has edge rushing and zone-dropping ability; I think he's perfect for Flo's system and that's the reason you let a guy like KVN walk.
A RB in the modern era will never be the sole reason why a team makes it to the super bowl, let alone win it.

I gotta pushback on the claim that Najee is all hype. The boy is special. For his size, speed, and vision Najee is a freak of nature.

Collins is a really good player. If you want to select home after 25ish be my guest, but 18 is too high for him

Last edited:
I wanted Pitts just because he is a matchup nightmare and what an outlet for Tua. I traded back from 18 to acquire more future early round picks and I liked several options at Edge that were still available. Only did 3 rounds but was thinking LB or Bateman at 18 and I didn't take a safety which I think is a need. PFF says we need interior defense but I am not sure that is a must this year.

View attachment 145282
A C+ for grabbing Creed at the 68th overall pick? Odd all around.

A C+ for grabbing Creed at the 68th overall pick? Odd all around.
Dolphins fans know we need a Center, Edge, Tackle, WR/Pitts, and Safety perhaps. LB if the right player is there and too good to pass up like I think Parsons at 18 would be if he is there.

PFF says we need T, G, DI, and Edge.

Dolphins fans know we need a Center, Edge, Tackle, WR/Pitts, and Safety perhaps. LB if the right player is there and too good to pass up like I think Parsons at 18 would be if he is there.

PFF says we need T, G, DI, and Edge.
Yeah, I don't understand how that selection would warrant a C+. Wonder what parameters they use to automate grades. I'm guessing they do one of those empty algorithms where they rate your pick based mostly or solely on relationship to where that player is rated overall.

Advertisement
A RB in the modern era will never be the sole reason why a team makes it to the super bowl, let alone win it.

I gotta pushback on the claim that Najee is all hype. The boy is special. For his size, speed, and vision Najee is a freak of nature.

Collins is a really good player. If you want to select home after 25ish be my guest, but 18 is too high for him

He's slow, plodding, and at a position with the shortest shelf-life; why spend a 1st rounder on that dude when you can get a real freak like Hubbard in the 2nd round or a more pure runner like Rhamondre Stevenson in the 3rd?

Have to tell you...Fish make me nervous with any pick they make. We should have had our RB last year when we traded back into the first round for what? A DB who didn't really flash. Could have had Taylor, Dobbins, or somebody else that could have been an every day starter and if in the first round we should be talking pro bowl caliber players.

The Texans have taken some of the pressure off of our GM in terms of his drafts with all the added picks. I don't have faith in our GM and the fact we traded out of 3 so quickly, just to give up some of what we got to move to 6 keeps me questioning him. We gave up control over a month out and with the Jets trading Darnold it made certain the fact 2 QB were going right away and if you want the 3rd you deal with us...

He's slow, plodding, and at a position with the shortest shelf-life; why spend a 1st rounder on that dude when you can get a real freak like Hubbard in the 2nd round or a more pure runner like Rhamondre Stevenson in the 3rd?
Najee isn't a slow plodder. His burst is average but when he gets to top speed he outruns guys, barely. His suddenness and lateral agility is top-notch. I never saw real plodders like Andre Williams darting through traffic and hurdling guys in the open field.

Hubbard ran a 4.5 dude. I like aspects of his game but a stiff breeze could tackle him and he has ball security issues. Is he that much of an upgrade over Ahmed?

Love Stevenson though. Right now I have 3 guys tied for my #2 highest RB grade (behind Harris) in the class: Stevenson, Trey Sermon and Kylin Hill. Any of those would be great day 2, maybe even early day 3 picks.

If JC or KP is gone at 6 I trade back for some picks whether this year, next year, or both unless you love Sewell. I would do it again at 18 if you think you can get your target at 18 in the low 20's. I would then look to move up from 36 back into the first round using some of the acquired juice to grab the RB you love.

No RB though first two picks that position isn't what kept us from going 11-5 and doing the virtual tailgate deal lol

Advertisement
Najee isn't a slow plodder. His burst is average but when he gets to top speed he outruns guys, barely. His suddenness and lateral agility is top-notch. I never saw real plodders like Andre Williams darting through traffic and hurdling guys in the open field.

Hubbard ran a 4.5 dude. I like aspects of his game but a stiff breeze could tackle him and he has ball security issues. Is he that much of an upgrade over Ahmed?

Love Stevenson though. Right now I have 3 guys tied for my #2 highest RB grade (behind Harris) in the class: Stevenson, Trey Sermon and Kylin Hill. Any of those would be great day 2, maybe even early day 3 picks.
Najee is playing at Bama behind a stacked Oline with WRs on both sides who command S help, against less-talented college players and teams; he should look much better than he does if you're thinking about picking him at 18 or have him at the top of any RB board. I can't watch his film and think he'll be as productive in the NFL with bigger/faster players and smaller running lanes.

While some believe Chuba ran 4.36, respected scouts have him running a 4.48 in the 40. Najee chose not to run a 40 at his Pro Day, but one could argue he'd probably run in the 4.6s--at best--just based on the fact that anything in the 4.5 range would probably have helped him.

Compared to Christian McCaffery, Hubbard ran for 2,094 (2019) yards and 21(8) touchdowns on 328 (337) carries, averaging a healthy 6.4 (6) yards per rush in 2019...at Oklahoma.

He's bigger than Christian McCaffery by about 10lbs and, while both eclipsed 2k in their best year, Chuba ran for almost 100 more yards with a higher average per carry and more TDs in a tougher conference.

If all that doesn't paint a picture, put Chuba at Bama and Najee at OKS and see if this even a debate.

Last edited:
Najee is playing at Bama behind a stacked Oline with WRs on both sides who command S help, against less-talented college players and teams; he should look better than he does if you're thinking about picking him at 18 or have him at the top of any RB board. I can't watch his film and think he'll be as productive in the NFL with bigger/faster players and smaller running lanes.

While some believe Chuba ran 4.36, respected scouts have him running a 4.48 in the 40. Najee chose not to run a 40 at his Pro Day, but one could argue he'd probably run in the 4.6s--at best--just based on the fact that anything in the 4.5 range would probably have helped him.

Compared to Christian McCaffery, Hubbard ran for 2,094 (2019) yards and 21(8) touchdowns on 328 (337) carries, averaging a healthy 6.4 (6) yards per rush in 2019...at Oklahoma.

He's bigger than Christian McCaffery by about 10lbs and, while both eclipsed 2k in their best year, Chuba ran for almost 100 more yards with a higher average per carry and more TDs in a tougher conference.

If all that doesn't paint a picture, put Chuba at Bama and Najee at OKS and see if this even a debate.
Stats are not an effective way of evaluating college players. But if they are show me Hubbard's stats for 2020 then.

Stats are not an effective way of evaluating college players. But if they are show me Hubbard's stats for 2020 then.
but I gave you more than stats, I also gave you comparison and context.

Chuba running for 2094 yards in 13 games vs McCaffery for 2019 in 14 games, while being in a tougher conference says a lot.

Chuba battled injuries and only played 7 games in 2020, but when healthy he's elite.

Last edited:
but I gave you more than stats, I also gave you comparison and context.

Chuba running for 2094 yards in 13 games vs McCaffery for 2019 in 14 games, while being in a tougher conference says a lot.

Chuba battled injuries and only played 7 games in 2020, but when healthy he's elite.
With stats...

Advertisement
A couple pass rushers I really like for the Fins: Joe Tryon (Washington) and Payton Turner (Houston).

Both guys are long, athletic and play hard. Turner is a bit of a late bloomer but was great this season. I'd take their upside over several guys being mocked in the first round.

Its a token answer...but man, every metric on God's Green points to Travis Etienne being a 1000 yard NFL rusher.

The lowest end comp for him is like DAndre Swift and thats 1000 yards all-purpose and 10 TDs as a rookie. Forget where I saw it, but there was a statistical metric that put him into some very elite company as a surefire prospect. Was slotted right next to Jonathan Taylor as a surefire 1000 yard RB in the NFL.

idk what the going rate for ETN is, but Jacksonville at 33 would be a premium spot. Nice pairing to James Robinson.

Advertisement
Its a token answer...but man, every metric on God's Green points to Travis Etienne being a 1000 yard NFL rusher.

The lowest end comp for him is like DAndre Swift and thats 1000 yards all-purpose and 10 TDs as a rookie. Forget where I saw it, but there was a statistical metric that put him into some very elite company as a surefire prospect. Was slotted right next to Jonathan Taylor as a surefire 1000 yard RB in the NFL.

idk what the going rate for ETN is, but Jacksonville at 33 would be a premium spot. Nice pairing to James Robinson.
Unless that metric is 100% hit rate I'll bet he's a bad outlier.

Bowlegged stiff runner. Zero wiggle or elusiveness to make guys miss in space or tight quarters. Doesn't have the footwork or vision to run zone plays effectively. Doesn't run with power inside and contact balance is overrated when he gets hit with anything but weak arm tackles. Ball security issues as well. He's a gap-scheme crease runner who can accelerate through wide open holes. He loves to spin anytime he can't run by someone and I don't think that will work well for him in the NFL. He's also overrated as a receiver. Sure he can catch a swing route or screen and accelerate but he doesn't track the bell well or run routes like Kamara or even Swift.

He's my RB8 in this class. If he gets the perfect landing spot he might break enough long runs to put up numbers, but he won't be an actual good player. There are differences in playstyle but Miles Sanders is a fair comp for him in terms of impact. J Moyer has highlighted some of Etienne's issues and he's the best RB evaluator on twitter imo.

nah...being in a tougher conference than McCaffery and having less talent around him than Najee aren't stats.
You're literally using those factors in reference to stats. Football players aren't determined by where they play and who they play with. Their traits define them as players. Najee has better traits than Hubbard. He's a much better player in two critical areas - contact balance and receiving skill.

A couple pass rushers I really like for the Fins: Joe Tryon (Washington) and Payton Turner (Houston).

Both guys are long, athletic and play hard. Turner is a bit of a late bloomer but was great this season. I'd take their upside over several guys being mocked in the first round.
What about Phillip's at 18. If he is still available.

1618208003330.png

Trynna build up that raiders defense. This is what I’d do without trades

Advertisement
Back