Draft Simulation

I probably don’t watch enough of other teams, especially LSU, and Waddle was hurt, but of the 3 WR’s, I think I want Davonta Smith.

My 10 year old niece agrees with you and also says without any doubt Davonta Smith will be the 1st receiver off the board. ....talk about great minds

Advertisement
We need two wide receivers (or replace one of them with Pitts) in the first two rounds. Miami can use a HB in the second round as well. I truly want them to go:

First Round Pick 1. WR/Pitts
First Round pick 2. WR
Second Round Pick 1. HB
Second Round Pick 2. OL
Good thing you don’t run the show. They already have 4-5 very capable wide receivers plus gesicki. Wouldn’t be opposed to pitts but you are going wide receiver overboard on the high picks when we have other needs.

1617590300264.png

Another round. I hope there's a QB or two left on the board when we draft. Carolina at 8 and the Bronco's at 9 keep the Dolphins in prime position to dictate how the draft goes. Lack of edge players in this draft may actually haunt us.

Advertisement
Good thing you don’t run the show. They already have 4-5 very capable wide receivers plus gesicki. Wouldn’t be opposed to pitts but you are going wide receiver overboard on the high picks when we have other needs.
Parker has had one great season and has been injured every other season.

Preston has had season ending injuries his first two seasons.

Fuller is on a one year deal and has been injured almost every season.

Gisecki is one year away from free agency and may not be retained for cap reasons.

Everyone else is a question mark.

Pitts and one more top rookie wide receiver could largely eliminate those problems. They certainly hedge against it.

I remember Miami trying to solve its anemic offense over the last two decades with upgrades like Sam Simmons, David Boston, and Tolliver. I remember offensive lineman after offensive lineman drafted for fifteen years while the team was getting shut out or celebrating simple field goals. I want an army of weapons for Tua.

Dolphins traded up from 12 to 6 for a reason. I think it was to take pitts, Sewell, or chase. But outside of that I like a lot of players you took.
I get your thinking but considering that Carolina is at 8 and Denver is at 9, I think there's still meat left on the trade bone and we can still end up with a Smith or Sewell at either of those spots. 2 Qbs (Lawrence and Wilson) are locks to go in the top 5 at this point in the draft process. There's a strong chance that Justin Fields and Trey Lance will available when we're picking. We can use that to leverage ourselves into more picks and still remain in position to land an elite WR, T, or DE.

Advertisement
This is a relatively deep RB draft without unicorns nor need to reach at that position.

IMO, take special talents at value positions early in the draft.

This is 1st and 2nd round based on players I would like to see in the aqua who, if available, shouldn't be passed up.

#6 - Pitts or trade down and take BPA (WR or LB/DE)

#18 - Zaven Collins or trade down

#36 - Creed Humphrey or Chubba Hubbard or trade down and pick up best available C/RB later (draft gets interesting from here)

#50 - Chubba Hubbard or Creed Humphrey or trade down for best available RB/C later I like Rhamondre Stevenson

Screenshot_20210405-015158(1).png
Screenshot_20210405-015207(1).png

Did a PFN simulation. It was much harder to get trades to go through but was still able to a nice haul. Added 3 future mid round picks

This is a relatively deep RB draft without unicorns nor need to reach at that position.

IMO, take special talents at value positions early in the draft.

This is 1st and 2nd round based on players I would like to see in the aqua who, if available, shouldn't be passed up.

#6 - Pitts or trade down and take BPA (WR or LB/DE)

#18 - Zaven Collins or trade down

#36 - Creed Humphrey or Chubba Hubbard or trade down and pick up best available C/RB later (draft gets interesting from here)

#50 - Chubba Hubbard or Creed Humphrey or trade down for best available RB/C later I like Rhamondre Stevenson
Najee Harris isn't a unicorn? He's Levon Bell mixed in with Derrick Henry. Boy is a baller. I'm staying away from DE with the top 15 picks in this draft. Zaven Collins at #18?! You crazy man. Good player but you're reaching at 18. 2nd round for him is good value, and 3rd round for him is great value.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Parker has had one great season and has been injured every other season.

Preston has had season ending injuries his first two seasons.

Fuller is on a one year deal and has been injured almost every season.

Gisecki is one year away from free agency and may not be retained for cap reasons.

Everyone else is a question mark.

Pitts and one more top rookie wide receiver could largely eliminate those problems. They certainly hedge against it.

I remember Miami trying to solve its anemic offense over the last two decades with upgrades like Sam Simmons, David Boston, and Tolliver. I remember offensive lineman after offensive lineman drafted for fifteen years while the team was getting shut out or celebrating simple field goals. I want an army of weapons for Tua.
Sorry but Flores Loves Gisecki. He was the 6th rated TE in the NFL last year even with missing time due to injury. No way they take Pitts.

Sorry but Flores Loves Gisecki. He was the 6th rated TE in the NFL last year even with missing time due to injury. No way they take Pitts.
gesicki is great but that two tight end set with fuller taking the top off the defense is a QBs dream. These guys are not your 1990s tight end, they line up in the slot and even out wide often.

Y’all really aren’t f’n with my squad
lol you on crack if you think Cincy would trade all the way back for what you are offering (it looked blurry though so maybe I am wrong). You would lose a first round and some second round selections in later drafts. I do like though when offering bogus trades and it says yes! That is a nice haul though.

Advertisement
I wanted Pitts just because he is a matchup nightmare and what an outlet for Tua. I traded back from 18 to acquire more future early round picks and I liked several options at Edge that were still available. Only did 3 rounds but was thinking LB or Bateman at 18 and I didn't take a safety which I think is a need. PFF says we need interior defense but I am not sure that is a must this year.

1617637599970.png

You have the option of keeping (and eventually paying) Gisecki, but coupled with Pitts it creates some nightmare defensive matchups.

I wanted Pitts just because he is a matchup nightmare and what an outlet for Tua. I traded back from 18 to acquire more future early round picks and I liked several options at Edge that were still available. Only did 3 rounds but was thinking LB or Bateman at 18 and I didn't take a safety which I think is a need. PFF says we need interior defense but I am not sure that is a must this year.

View attachment 145282
I did one of these a month ago and wound up with Miami having five first round picks in 2022!

Advertisement
Back