Draft picks by state

Advertisement
So, the old State of Florida is now divided into three states....I did not know that.

Quick, tell DeSantis. He doesn't need to come down to Broward or the State of South Florida, which I assume does not cover Broward.

And so again, the total taken from the tristate area includes 37 from Florida, 17 From the State of South Florida, and 12 more from the State of Broward, for a total of 66 from the former State of Florida.
Way to crunch the numbers my guy....

It's almost like we had no clue how to evaluate prospects. I'm not saying don't chase 4 or 5 star players but for awhile, we were not sniffing any 5 star recruits and were limited to 4 star recruits who had UM in their heart from the beginning. We signed a ton of 3 star type recruits who did nothing on the field, while every year there are several 3 star Florida recruits drafted and our 3 star recruits are undrafted. We need to have a better batting average with these guys if we want to be the Miami we all want. Their is no excuse for not knowing who the real ballers are in South Florida.

The reason a good number of us look back at the Butch years is that his batting average on the 3 star Florida recruits was much higher than we have had in the last 15 years.

Interesting that 13 out of the 17 kids on this list are either DB's or WR's.

So I guess, what's the plan? Let's recruit South Florida only, and field a team of nothing but receivers and cornerbacks??

That's why OP's stat is so misleading. A team might have one quarterback to every 4 WR, or 6 DB's. So the overall COUNT of kids from Florida might be higher because there's a lot of CB's and WR's on the field.

But states like California and Texas are producing OL, DT's, and quarterbacks. And those positions matter more on the field.
What's really interesting is how you just identified two of our weakest areas as a team the past few years. Smh

Advertisement
Advertisement
Those states are 30% of US pop. What is remarkable for LA and GA is they (individually) aren't even 1/4 of the pops found in the big three.

Watch the college recruiting demos change over next 10-15 years due to influx of GA and NC pop gains.
I doubt it....

FLA is the oldest population in the country...and have a HUUUUGE hispanic populationand INTERNATIONAL population of ppl that dont even know what American Football is.

The Florida football #'s will continue to grow...its the greatest football state in the country.

What needs to talk about though is GA producing qbs on the slick

It’s not. USC is just a **** school now. Anybody that plays for Oregon has success. If USC didn’t have a ****** running them then their numbers would be higher.
USC is still having draft picks.....Oregon success aint showing in drafts

I doubt it....

FLA is the oldest population in the country...and have a HUUUUGE hispanic populationand INTERNATIONAL population of ppl that dont even know what American Football is.

The Florida football #'s will continue to grow...its the greatest football state in the country.

What needs to talk about though is GA producing qbs on the slick
Population numbers are misleading. It’s the relevant football playing population that counts. Florida is skewed as you mention. Georgia is also skewing because the influx of outsiders isn’t very additive to football, imo.

Glaring initial point jumps from this datum:

Alabama has actually significantly underperformed as a team, while Clemson has significantly overperformed as a team.

What would be an interesting paired data set (obviously in future years): of this 5yr draft period, what were the average nfl career lengths?

Again, assembling the best team is much better long term success plan than chasing these individual "superstars".
Talk about underperforming, Michigan should get a new head coach....

Advertisement
Atwell wasn’t a WR in high school nor at camps so he was a shot in the dark. For every Tutu Atwell there’s 3 Denard Phillips. The one we should’ve had all day was Elijah and we were recruiting IMG guys during that time too so someone had to have said something about Greg Newsome.
wrong

I dont KNOW HOW MANY TIMES IT HAS TO BE SAID.

HE PLAYED WR EVERY OFF SEASON, AND AT CAMPS. DUDE WANTED TO PLAY WR IN COLLEGE. He played wr on one of if not the best 7 on 7 team in the country.

Glaring initial point jumps from this datum:

Alabama has actually significantly underperformed as a team, while Clemson has significantly overperformed as a team.

What would be an interesting paired data set (obviously in future years): of this 5yr draft period, what were the average nfl career lengths?

Again, assembling the best team is much better long term success plan than chasing these individual "superstars".
Underperformed? They’ve played for 4 of the past 5 titles and won 2. The two they lost, they got beat by Deshaun Waton and Trevor Lawrence.

Advertisement
Yeah, there's no excuse for that. Miami should have the best CB's and WR's in the country every year, due to location alone. That's just bad recruiting.
If not the best we should at least have solid CBs and WRs year in and year out, not the crap we've had the last couple of years. At least it looks like we are headed in the right direction though.

Oh most def it's a day we hurt and we ignore the studs like Brooks going to bama. We just ignore it like he's ok......dudes going to be a first rounder too. He could be a first rounder without bama

Are you really not happy with the 21 class.

Underperformed? They’ve played for 4 of the past 5 titles and won 2. The two they lost, they got beat by Deshaun Waton and Trevor Lawrence.
With the abundance of NFL valued talent they enjoy over the rest, one would think zero losses at all past 5 years...

Advertisement
Back