Draft picks by state

Advertisement
1. Greg Rousseau

That’s the sad part. Smh. And this is not some anomaly; last year I believe the state of Florida produced like 22 draftees, and we barely accounted for two (Shaq, and Jonathan).

I’m not sure what to make of it; it’s not like we ain’t recruiting the state, but for whatever reason, the results ain’t coming w/ it.
I'm sure what to make of it...the ones we target are bad evals even if they are four or five star. When we pull who we think is good (Pope) they aren't. They r just hyped up

Those states are 30% of US pop. What is remarkable for LA and GA is they (individually) aren't even 1/4 of the pops found in the big three.

Watch the college recruiting demos change over next 10-15 years due to influx of GA and NC pop gains.

Both states, however, have the largest % of African Americans...if you adjust for that versus % of athletes drafted who are African American you get a more meaningful dataset

Advertisement
ACC Selections in the NFL Draft

Rd. – Overall Pick, Name, Position, School, NFL Team
1 – 1st, Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson, Jacksonville Jaguars
1 – 18th, Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami, Miami Dolphins
1 – 22nd, Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech, Tennessee Titans
1 – 23rd, Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech, Minnesota Vikings
1 – 25th, Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson, Jacksonville Jaguars
1 – 30th, Gregory Rousseau, DE, Miami, Buffalo Bills

2 – 35th, Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina, Denver Broncos
2 – 42nd, Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame, Miami Dolphins
2 – 46th, Jackson Carman, OT, Clemson, Cincinnati Bengals
2 – 47th, Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State, Los Angeles Chargers
2 – 48th, Aaron Banks, OG, Notre Dame, San Francisco 49ers
2 – 52nd, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame, Cleveland Browns
2 – 57th, Tutu Atwell, WR, Louisville, Los Angeles Rams
2 – 61st, Boogie Basham, DE, Wake Forest, Buffalo Bills

3 – 65th, Andre Cisco, S, Syracuse, Jacksonville Jaguars
3 – 72nd, Alim McNeil, DT, NC State, Detroit Lions
3 – 78th, Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina, Minnesota Vikings
3 – 80th, Divine Deablo, S, Virginia Tech, Las Vegas Raiders
3 – 81st, Hunter Long, TE, Boston College, Miami Dolphins
3 – 82nd, Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina, Washington Football Team
3 – 83rd, Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame, Carolina Panthers
3 – 85th, Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson, Green Bay Packers
3 – 90th, Patrick Jones II, DE, Pitt, Minnesota Vikings
3 – 95th, Robert Hainsey, OT, Notre Dame, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
3 – 101st, Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB, Syracuse, Detroit Lions

4 – 107th, Michael Carter, RB, North Carolina, New York Jets
4 – 109th, Dez Fitzpatrick, WR, Louisville, Tennessee Titans
4 – 118th, Chris Rumph II, DE, Duke, Los Angeles Chargers
4 – 133rd, Ian Book, QB, Notre Dame, New Orleans Saints
4 – 134th, Janarius Robinson, DE, Florida State, Minnesota Vikings
4 – 135th, Rashad Weaver, DE, Pitt, Tennessee Titans
4 – 144th, Joshua Kaindoh, DE, Florida State, Kansas City Chiefs

5 – 147th, Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami, Houston Texans
5 – 154th, Michael Carter II, S, Duke, New York Jets
5 – 162nd, Noah Gray, TE, Duke, Kansas City Chiefs
5 – 171st, Daelin Hayes, DE, Notre Dame, Baltimore Ravens
5 – 175th, Jason Pinnock, CB, Pitt, New York Jets
5 – 181st, Cornell Powell, WR, Clemson, Kansas City Chiefs
5 – 182nd, Adetokunbo Ogundeji, DE, Notre Dame, Atlanta Falcons

6 – 186th, Hamsah Nasirildeen, S, Florida State, New York Jets
6 – 199th, Jaylen Twyman, DT, Pitt, Minnesota Vikings
6 – 209th, Jalen Camp, WR, Georgia Tech, Jacksonville Jaguars
6 – 210th, Victor Dimukeje, DE, Duke, Arizona Cardinals
6 – 212nd, Damar Hamlin, S, Pitt, Buffalo Bills
6 – 216th, Quincy Roche, DE, Miami, Pittsburgh Steelers
6 – 217th, Khalil Herbert, RB, Virginia Tech, Chicago Bears
6 – 220th, Isaiah McDuffie, LB, Boston College, Green Bay Packers
6 – 221st, Dazz Newsome, WR, North Carolina, Chicago Bears

7 – 230th, Jimmy Morrissey, C, Pitt, Las Vegas Raiders
7 – 249th, Ben Skowronek, WR, Notre Dame, Los Angeles Rams
7 – 254th, Pressley Harvin III, P, Georgia Tech, Pittsburgh Steelers

Interesting that 13 out of the 17 kids on this list are either DB's or WR's.

So I guess, what's the plan? Let's recruit South Florida only, and field a team of nothing but receivers and cornerbacks??

That's why OP's stat is so misleading. A team might have one quarterback to every 4 WR, or 6 DB's. So the overall COUNT of kids from Florida might be higher because there's a lot of CB's and WR's on the field.

But states like California and Texas are producing OL, DT's, and quarterbacks. And those positions matter more on the field.

Mac Jones at 15 was a horrible draft pick. Should've been a udfa at best.
Mac jones was recruited by CMR and Jon Richt. I saw him visit a couple of times with his dad. I think he was a 3 star out of Jacksonville Boles. Not sure what happened. Mac Jones was drafted higher than any Canes QB in decades. Seems like we missed big time

Advertisement
Mac jones was recruited by CMR and Jon Richt. I saw him visit a couple of times with his dad. I think he was a 3 star out of Jacksonville Boles. Not sure what happened. Mac Jones was drafted higher than any Canes QB in decades. Seems like we missed big time
Just not that impressed...the NFL will expose him imo.

Those states are 30% of US pop. What is remarkable for LA and GA is they (individually) aren't even 1/4 of the pops found in the big three.

Watch the college recruiting demos change over next 10-15 years due to influx of GA and NC pop gains.
Florida population #'s are skewed a bit but your point is well taken.

Great post DMoney. As far as I am concerned, this says it all. The Canes are either not recruiting the right players or are not developing them. Probably a little of both. The Canes are drowning in talent within 100 miles of Campus, but they don‘t pick and develop the right ones. The Canes should continue to recruit out of state players, but there is no excuse for not grabbing a bigger share of local players who are recruited, developed, then eventually picked by NFL draft.

The man had a lot of clean pockets to throw from, and 2 first round wide receivers.

Then there was our Oline and receivers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let me explain...

IF NFL draft is a measure of "player" talent...

Bama had almost double Clemson's "5yr pool".

Given that gap (you coykd almost argue OSU too), one would expect Bama to have gone undefeated over the time period. OSU is another one that, based on the methodology (don't make me right), who underperformed as well.

Oh, I got u. Well, we know in football, sometimes talent don’t mean chit in certain moments. One game can ***** up a whole season, (see our ‘86, ‘88, ‘92, ‘00, ‘02 teams). Plus recall, Dabo recruits not just on talent, but fits for scheme. He’s had several smaller classes that were built around quality v. quantity. But I see ur point, my g, especially the point about OSU to an extent.

Now do we extrapolate the South Florida numbers from the Florida numbers and the Broward numbers from the South Florida numbers? The guy mentioned states. Some serious voodoo statistics....
So, the old State of Florida is now divided into three states....I did not know that.

Quick, tell DeSantis. He doesn't need to come down to Broward or the State of South Florida, which I assume does not cover Broward.

And so again, the total taken from the tristate area includes 37 from Florida, 17 From the State of South Florida, and 12 more from the State of Broward, for a total of 66 from the former State of Florida.

Soft a$$ entitled kids. 🙄

We need to recruit OOS better.
Yeah, I think kids in South Florida have changed, and that includes the players in the State of South Florida and the State of Broward.

It used to be we had trouble getting the kids qualified academically, they were too busy being badass and developing their street cred. Now, they all make grades. So soft.

Advertisement
Back