Dorsey to TN?

Advertisement
Link to article
Vols Football: Offensive Coordinator Search Update

Vols Football: Offensive Coordinator Search Updates

Butch Jones and the Tennessee Vols are still in search of an offensive coordinator to replace Mike DeBord.

According to a report from 247Sports, former Heisman winning quarterback Chris Weinke has been in Knoxville to interview with Butch Jones.

Weinke is currently the quarterbacks coach with the Los Angeles Rams, though that will probably change with a new coach on the way to LA.

Jones is reportedly interested in both Weinke and Ken Dorsey. If one of them is hired, they would obviously coach quarterbacks, and possibly be part of a co-offensive coordinator situation at Tennessee.

Weinke and Dorsey both have limited coaching experience. Though they worked together at IMG academy.

Dorsey has been the Carolina Panthers’ quarterbacks coach since 2013. Weinke has been with the Rams since 2015.

Neither of them appear anywhere close to a job promotion in the NFL.

But I do think either of them would be a fine choice to work with quarterbacks. Especially given their previous work with former NFL MVP Cam Newton.

If either Dorsey or Weinke are hired, it would likely come with the title of co-offensive coordinator. But I think that would be mostly in title only.

I’m still leaning toward Vols tight end coach Larry Scott landing the offensive coordinator position. It wouldn’t be a flashy hire, but I think it would be a solid hire.

Scott may end up sharing the offensive coordinator title with someone else, but I think he’ll be the primary play caller next season.

It’s also rumored that Utah State assistant head coach Mike Canales will be interviewing. That seems like an uninspiring candidate.

For now, it looks like a combination of Scott with Dorsey or Weinke is still the best bet.

Since when did Dorsey work at IMG & Weinke work with Cam Newton. Some lazy "journalism" right there!

Link to article

Butch Jones and the Tennessee Vols are still in search of an offensive coordinator to replace Mike DeBord.

According to a report from 247Sports, former Heisman winning quarterback Chris Weinke has been in Knoxville to interview with Butch Jones.

Weinke is currently the quarterbacks coach with the Los Angeles Rams, though that will probably change with a new coach on the way to LA.

Jones is reportedly interested in both Weinke and Ken Dorsey. If one of them is hired, they would obviously coach quarterbacks, and possibly be part of a co-offensive coordinator situation at Tennessee.

Weinke and Dorsey both have limited coaching experience. Though they worked together at IMG academy.

Dorsey has been the Carolina Panthers’ quarterbacks coach since 2013. Weinke has been with the Rams since 2015.

But I do think either of them would be a fine choice to work with quarterbacks. Especially given their previous work with former NFL MVP Cam Newton.

If either Dorsey or Weinke are hired, it would likely come with the title of co-offensive coordinator. But I think that would be mostly in title only.

I’m still leaning toward Vols tight end coach Larry Scott landing the offensive coordinator position. It wouldn’t be a flashy hire, but I think it would be a solid hire.

Scott may end up sharing the offensive coordinator title with someone else, but I think he’ll be the primary play caller next season.

It’s also rumored that Utah State assistant head coach Mike Canales will be interviewing. That seems like an uninspiring candidate.

For now, it looks like a combination of Scott with Dorsey or Weinke is still the best bet.

Since when did Dorsey work at IMG & Weinke work with Cam Newton. Some lazy "journalism" right there!

I think the best part of that article is Larry Scott being a solid hire as an OC. Cleary his polished resume shows his play calling acumen.

Capture.JPG

Advertisement
Jon Richts could moved to a Offensive Analyst position and Dorsey could be Co-Oc\QB Coach. It's a demotion yes but he is a glorified six figure Grad Assistant.

Coach needs help running the offense and unfortunately he has surrounded himself with yes men, that can't offer any help with his play design or calling. Especially with new QB's to develop coach Richt needs to make that move.

Go Canes

I'd love to know how you know they're all yes men. You fools just say crap

Jon Richts could moved to a Offensive Analyst position and Dorsey could be Co-Oc\QB Coach. It's a demotion yes but he is a glorified six figure Grad Assistant.

Coach needs help running the offense and unfortunately he has surrounded himself with yes men, that can't offer any help with his play design or calling. Especially with new QB's to develop coach Richt needs to make that move.

Go Canes

When Richt was struggling to call plays this year , they weren't able to correct his repeated errors. The offense was predictable most of the year. Rather than running your mouth go rewatch the game films.

Go Canes

Advertisement

Go Canes

When Richt was struggling to call plays this year , they weren't able to correct his repeated errors. The offense was predictable most of the year. Rather than running your mouth go rewatch the game films.

Go Canes

If you knew what you were watching you'd see that they adjusted every game during those four games.

Link to article

There is lazy journalism as well as lazy posting. Google can be your best friend.

Would be a nice hire for them. Still can't believe they went all year without a QBC and a S&C

Go Canes

Go Canes

If you knew what you were watching you'd see that they adjusted every game during those four games.

Don't even debate with these idiots. They swear every OC is better than Richt but none have even CLOSE to Richt resume'

Advertisement
This assuredly won't have any bearing on Dorsey going to Tennessee for a coaching job, but I thought it was interesting anyway:

Was watching the Miami-UF game from 2002 on Youtube & they were talking about how, before Dorsey committed to Miami, his 1st 2 options were Cal & Tennessee.

Cal, his hometown school took another guy & Tennessee took Chris Simms (who would eventually de-committ and go to Texas) & after crossing them both off he chose Miami.

Again, it probably has no bearing on his coaching career, as a recruit and a coach are looking for different things in a potential destination, but I just thought it was interesting that I heard that about Dorsey & Tennessee not too long after seeing this thread about him being linked to Tennessee's open OC gig.

So you guys want to replace our OC who has 10 years as OC and 15 years as a HC with a guy who has 3 years as a QB coach?.... btw, for a QB who has gotten worse.

If his name was Jon Richt, 3 year QB coach for Carolina instead of Ken Dorsey you would **** all over his resume for being hired here.

Advertisement
Link to article

Since they did. Good journalism.

Go Canes

Lil Richt is a fine QB coach. Watching what he did in Buffalo last year with Tyrod Taylor and made him seem like a serviceable QB. Look at Taylor this year...just horrendous as a QB. Richt is fine.

Advertisement
Back