Dorsett replaces Benjamin at PR, Seantrel to start

Here's a pre-draft writeup of a prospect that has "made it" in the NFL and has a lot of the same attributes Benjamin will show:

Positives: Adequate height with wiry upper body strength and good muscle definition in his arms. Not your typical slight small-school receiver. Good initial quickness off the snap to get into his route. Reliable hands; snatches the ball and adjusts to poor throws. Gets up to high-point and secure the catch. Sinks his hips and displays quick feet going into and out of routes. Has good vision and is elusive running in the open field. Works hard to block downfield, and will sustain and even dominate against smaller corners. Experienced as a punt returner.

Negatives: Thin through the hips and legs. Gets a lot of his yardage after short routes, screens and swing passes. Lacks elite speed or quickness, but had enough to be special at the FCS level. Easily tripped up in the open field. Does not switch the ball to the outside hand. Despite his strong effort, he lacks the bulk and strength to be effective against NFL defenders. Dances and runs backward too much after the catch or on returns - will not get away with that at the next level.

Who is it?

30.jpg

that is somewhat similar but TB is pretty tough to bring down for his size. I wouldn't say that he gets tripped up easily at all. dude usually gets YAC and falls forward. I'd say he has great balance too. also he is a legit deep threat unlike what the write up says.

I think he is similar to Desean Jackson but is actually more physical with probably a little less wiggle

I've also thought of him as a poor man's DeSean Jackson as well, but the more I see from TB, I don't see the same explosivness as D. Jackson.

I do believe he'll find a place in the NFL working out of the slot and have a nice career when it's all said and done.

Advertisement
TB is nowhere close to jackson imo from the way both run to the way both cut. You never see Jackson gather his feet before he cuts and he can get to top speed alot faster.

TB s/h/b replaced 2 years ago. He's a very talented guy, but really a puss on punt returns. For all of his gaudy averages, he's costs us far more yards on punts he either fair catches or is afraid to field.

Not real happy about Golden using social media to dog a guy though. That's a BS move.

#UM Al Golden "Phillip Dorsett is now punt returner for Travis Benjamin. "You can't make that type of mistake in a game and remain starter."
4 minutes ago

#UM Al Golden says this week vs USF Seantrel Henderson will start at RT and Olivier Vernon will start at DE.
1 minute ago

That's not Golden's twitter, that looks like one of the beat writers. He did go to the media though, but he praises individuals as well as rips them. As lo g as he's consistent, I don't care about his motivational tactics as long as he gets it done

TB s/h/b replaced 2 years ago. He's a very talented guy, but really a puss on punt returns. For all of his gaudy averages, he's costs us far more yards on punts he either fair catches or is afraid to field.

Not real happy about Golden using social media to dog a guy though. That's a BS move.

#UM Al Golden "Phillip Dorsett is now punt returner for Travis Benjamin. "You can't make that type of mistake in a game and remain starter."
4 minutes ago

#UM Al Golden says this week vs USF Seantrel Henderson will start at RT and Olivier Vernon will start at DE.
1 minute ago

Advertisement
Back