Dorsett replaces Benjamin at PR, Seantrel to start

TB is one of the best players on this team and will play in the NFL

LULZ

How he gonna play NFL ball when he still playing high school ball. He thinks cuz he got away with dancing and running backwards in high school at the Muck he could do it in college.

Doing the same **** he did in high school man

Dudes not playing in the PROs

Last edited:
Advertisement
kid is very tough, fast, great burst, makes tough catches. yes he made a boneheaded play in the FSU game. a real headscratcher. but he will get drafted, and I think he will have a nice career.

book it

kid is very tough, fast, great burst, makes tough catches. yes he made a boneheaded play in the FSU game. a real headscratcher. but he will get drafted, and I think he will have a nice career.

book it

ROFLMAO

Travis reminds me of Tedd Ginn always running to the sidelines on a return because he is so afraid of getting hit..
Travis much like Ginn has all world speed but no vision of the field...

The changes make a lot of sense, a few weeks too late really. I like TB, but he needs to have stepped it up by now. The biggest complaint against the seniors other than being physically lazy, is that they're so lazy mentally.

Advertisement
I too think that Travis Benjamin will easily make an NFL roster. I see him as an early day 2 draft pick - 4th round-ish.

I also agree with coach Golden's move. As much as I hate seeing a freshman returning punts, what TB did @ FSU last week was clearly a demotable (sp?) offense. Not only did he attempt to field a bouncing punt, he did so while running three-quarter speed in the wrong direction. Even if he fields that ball cleanly, he's still moving with a head of steam towards his own endzone. It was simply moronic.

if there was some sort of internet bet that carried any meaning, I'd bet you that he gets drafted

I too think that Travis Benjamin will easily make an NFL roster. I see him as an early day 2 draft pick - 4th round-ish.

I also agree with coach Golden's move. As much as I hate seeing a freshman returning punts, what TB did @ FSU last week was clearly a demotable (sp?) offense. Not only did he attempt to field a bouncing punt, he did so while running three-quarter speed in the wrong direction. Even if he fields that ball cleanly, he's still moving with a head of steam towards his own endzone. It was simply moronic.

and sends a message.

Advertisement
I only think TB can stick in the NFL IF he can be a trusted return man in addition to a slot WR. I am not sure many coaches/teams will trust him, he is too small to contribute in any type of gunner role, and I don't think he is good enough to stick around as just a WR, but I hope he does make it.

I said this in grassy and i'll say it here. TB is along strider who has to gather his feet to make a cut. Generally guys like that don't make great returners as they can't cut sharply and maintain their speed. Dorsett seems like the same kinda player in the little i've seen of him but i could be wrong. The players with the best feet cutting wise is clements or thompkins but there must be a reason why those guys are back there

BTW There was a 3rd tweet with those in the OP's post..

#UM I'm a big fan of Mike James but today he told me that the Hurricanes offense was "still a work in progress." Uh, what?

Advertisement
I said this in grassy and i'll say it here. TB is along strider who has to gather his feet to make a cut. Generally guys like that don't make great returners as they can't cut sharply and maintain their speed. Dorsett seems like the same kinda player in the little i've seen of him but i could be wrong. The players with the best feet cutting wise is clements or thompkins but there must be a reason why those guys are back there

Interesting take. How do you account for the successes that TB has had as a returner?

I also think that Phil Dorsett will be a good returner. Im just not a fan of freshmens returning punts. I should also state that Im a big fan of TWO punt returners on every punt.

TB would get cracked in half the first time he gets hit in an NFL practice

Advertisement

Interesting take. How do you account for the successes that TB has had as a returner?

I also think that Phil Dorsett will be a good returner. Im just not a fan of freshmens returning punts. I should also state that Im a big fan of TWO punt returners on every punt.

Most of TB success comes when he get's to the edges. When he's in space and has to make people miss he is usually render'd ineffective. Notice how he nveer jukes anyone he just tried to outrun them. He's not a quick cut and go guy meaning he can't make a bunch of cuts and maintain his speed. Seems like it takes TB a wile to get up to top speed while guys like hester/williams/moss can reach top speed in a few steps.

His speed. If he can make one guy miss and has an opening, he'll gain big yards. Speed doesn't automatically make a good returner though. Collier was slow as ****, but the guy could cut and make people miss. I've never liked TB at punt returner. Not only does he make stupid decisions at least a few times a year, like Nites said, he doesn't cut very well. I think Dorsett could. Would have loved to see what Grooms could do as well.

I dont know why people are shaming TB: He played a ****** game and made a horrendous play, but he has been pretty solid for the most part of his career. I think he too will get drafted, somewhere around 5th or 6th round. He runs pretty good routes, has good speed and his hands are alright.

Here's a pre-draft writeup of a prospect that has "made it" in the NFL and has a lot of the same attributes Benjamin will show:

Positives: Adequate height with wiry upper body strength and good muscle definition in his arms. Not your typical slight small-school receiver. Good initial quickness off the snap to get into his route. Reliable hands; snatches the ball and adjusts to poor throws. Gets up to high-point and secure the catch. Sinks his hips and displays quick feet going into and out of routes. Has good vision and is elusive running in the open field. Works hard to block downfield, and will sustain and even dominate against smaller corners. Experienced as a punt returner.

Negatives: Thin through the hips and legs. Gets a lot of his yardage after short routes, screens and swing passes. Lacks elite speed or quickness, but had enough to be special at the FCS level. Easily tripped up in the open field. Does not switch the ball to the outside hand. Despite his strong effort, he lacks the bulk and strength to be effective against NFL defenders. Dances and runs backward too much after the catch or on returns - will not get away with that at the next level.

Who is it?

30.jpg

Advertisement
Back