Dorsett Latest to Questions Coaches

Advertisement
My hope is that we get a President who wants to see excellence in ALL THINGS at this university. (I'm not holding my breath on this.) After these coaches lose several ACC games in a row in 2015, he/she will can Golden and Dorito and turn to Coley (I think he's being held back) or Ice as an interim coach for the rest of the season. He and Ice together might get us to a decent bowl game if this happens. Probably too optimistic, but I don't see how this total ineptitude can be tolerated much longer. Things are toxic as **** as it is.

Again with this Coley held back nonsense. This isn't some proven OC that suddenly is doing poorly. This is a young cat who never called plays in his life before, and whose own alma mater and mentor wanted NOTHING TO DO WITH as far as calling plays. He's a ******* dreadful coach.
Co-sign. Pricko Suave isn't the next coming of Bear Bryant. I think it'd be dumb to do either way--but I'd trust Ice as an interim HC before I'd trust Pricko Suave. Dude can't even keep his own offensive gameplan (or lack thereof) on track. What makes anyone think he can control an entire ******* team? I'll never know.

As for Dorsett/Chick/Walford/etc...any kid coming out of this program under this staff that speaks out now that they're headed to the league...normally, that would reflect badly on the kid, probably hurt his stock, and would cause loyalty questions to crop up from the scouts and GM's looking at draft picks. I think in this situation that it's probably looked at as a plus because EVERYONE, including scouts/GM's can see how inept this staff is, and how the talent was misused. Them speaking out now shows that they're frustrated, and ready to ball out. They're not going to expect a spot when they go into camp based on their draft position or their collegiate reputation...they're going to feel free and out to prove themselves...gonna work their asses off.

I'd say right now, scouts/GM's are looking at Miami players and their efforts in the all star games as well as how they'll likely impress at the Combine as a harbinger of what these kids can do in the league when they get turned loose to actually play under competent coaching. They're getting lightly-used Miami-level talent at a bargain, when most of these kids if they had been turned loose to play at Miami could have been 1st/2nd rounders, no problem. They're dancing a jig right now to get some of these guys at a perceived discount.

Advertisement
Back