Don't want to knee jerk on Lashlee, however...

I'VE been saying that all day. Too short and can't throw a spiral. He's more suited for the tripple option. Or the wish bone. We at the UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI want POCKET PASSER and at least 6'4. That's it. Bring in TVD. on mop ups

Advertisement
That’s what 5’9 will do. It is what it is.
There's an old saying when a QB is in the pocket, scanning the field. They call it standing tall in the pocket. King, no matter how hard he tries, will NEVER stand tall in the pocket and be able to see the field. He relies of throwing lanes, and if those aren't there, he just can't see. Now I love what King can do, so I am not nitpicking. What I want to see is Lashlee use him correctly, because every team we face will sell out to stop the run, which luckily for them also takes away throwing lanes. We are doomed if Lashlee can't find a way to get King to see the field.

Also, I am sick of seeing the pocket collapse around him with nowhere to go. For the love of God, move him around more.

The reason why king looked good, he was in a different conference in HOUSTON. Now, he's playing with the BIG boys. I'm not being negative but REALISTIC. Good luck to him

I was ripped this offseason for saying Lashlee had better WR at SMU than he has here. Nobody is doubting that today.

Miami had 208 total yards and scored 16 points against Pitt last year. 35 yards and 7 points were on the last play of the game for the offense. Some of you need to go re watch last year’s offense.

Advertisement
Lashlee is working with a Barely average Oline and Very bad WR core.. He had better WRs at SMU. King is wildly inaccurate and struggles to throw under pressure. It's year 1 of Lashlee Offense, it will take time to get it where he wants.

All of this. You can't complain our wrs can't get separation, our oline is pedestrian, our qb inconsistent, and then blame the OC who still has us averaging 30+ a game.

Calling the right play is not some magical secret to winning a game or even converting 1st down. We could have the greatest OC in all of college football and it won't matter if the QB has no time and he WR drops the pass. This is not a new problem, people.

All of this. You can't complain our wrs can't get separation, our oline is pedestrian, our qb inconsistent, and then blame the OC who still has us averaging 30+ a game.
Yeah when were playing against a team Where our OL can block and our WRs get separation his scheme works perfectly

Nahh..that oline is still a major issue. Back to back weeks of poor play. Idk why we took taroe (****ed the name up) and Jarrid Williams out but the oline definitely functioned better imo with those two. 53 has been overwhelmed. 74 seems to be dealing with a lower leg injury..regardless lashlee is not the problem. It remains the oline not executing on 1st down and putting the playcaller behind the sticks..I told y’all this oline was not gunna be fixed over night. Thank god we have a OC who can scheme up big plays

Advertisement
He will hit the flats and get the ball over the middle they're both wide open. We have to get the offensive line confident again

Advertisement
True but I'd assert it's difficult for any OC to effectively scheme around a receiving corps this poor
I'd say throwing TD passes consistently to running backs and Tight ends is scheming around our weakness at wr. Wtf else do you want him to do. We are 4-1 and your acting like richt or enos is oc.

I'VE been saying that all day. Too short and can't throw a spiral. He's more suited for the tripple option. Or the wish bone. We at the UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI want POCKET PASSER and at least 6'4. That's it. Bring in TVD. on mop ups
No. We want a 6'4" guy who can stand in the pocket AND run.

Advertisement
I think Lashlee has been good so far but I have one criticism.

Good coaches adjust their scheme to the talent they have in their available inventory. You'd have to be a certified MORON to not recognize we are completely DEVOID of any type of difference making ability at WR. You'd also have to be a moron to NOT realize our two best receivers are both tight ends.

It's time to make the Ace formation the BASE formation for this offense. Run it out of the gun if you want, but Mallory AND Jordan need to be on the field TOGETHER, for the ENTIRE game. There's also a chance it might help the run game get going.

I have spoken.

The common denominator on the deep balls to all the different WRs is King. He throws a HORRIBLE deep ball! He heaves it so hard and the motion is so long. He looks like a kid throwing a grown mans ball. And it goes straight in the air and the WRs have to wait and wait and wait and wait. Have to slow down to catch his ducks. Nothing is in stride. The passes to Wiggins and smith were broken up, not dropped because they have to slow down so much and the defender catches up and breaks it up. Gotta give your guys a chance out there.
Maybe. Then again, WRs need to fight for the ball, and I haven't seen that. They just don't. Sure the other team makes plays, but if the ball doesn't just drop in their hands, our WRs simply give up on it.

Lashlee wasn’t very good but **** our OL just doesn’t do any favors. Especially the interior. Gaynor is ok but the guards are straight putrid. We desperately need some size and people movers in there. Scaife needs to play T he is simply not a guard. Cant believe I wish we had Donaldson healthy

I think Lashlee has been good so far but I have one criticism.

Good coaches adjust their scheme to the talent they have in their available inventory. You'd have to be a certified MORON to not recognize we are completely DEVOID of any type of difference making ability at WR. You'd also have to be a moron to NOT realize our two best receivers are both tight ends.

It's time to make the Ace formation the BASE formation for this offense. Run it out of the gun if you want, but Mallory AND Jordan need to be on the field TOGETHER, for the ENTIRE game. There's also a chance it might help the run game get going.

I have spoken.
Yeah, that's great, but when that's your base offense people figure it out like they figured out the other sht. Those guys are mismatches and successful because it's not the only thing we do. It isn't the first thing we do. Mallory got free on that second score because we weren't featuring him all game. Had we tossed it to him a bunch they wouldn't have lost sight of him so easily.

Bottom line, you have to be able to do different things. You can't just look at the one thing that works a few times a game and say "lets just do that every time!" Well you can, but it won't fcking work.

Advertisement
Back