Don't want to knee jerk on Lashlee, however...

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
...he is not nearly as good as we'd hoped. My only hope is that he is willing to learn and will learn.

He has made us better offensively, but being one of the worst O's in the nation and then become a top 40 D, is good and in the right direction, but still not what we need long term.

Here are the biggest areas of concern and hopes for the future:
  • Consistent 7 step straight drop backs. WHY? We have a 5'9" QB who has real wheels. Why in the world are we making it easy on the opposing DC's? Why are we not moving the pocket? Waggles, roll outs, etc. We need to simplify this O for him and if his 1st 2 targets are unavailable, then take off. If King takes off on the outside, he has WAY more opportunities to make plays.
  • Why are we not intentionally targeting the TE's more? Yes, Will had 2 TD's, but he was also not being targeted for much of the game. It's insane.
  • We started with some RB screens, they were mishandled and we went away from it. Let's call those more and execute them properly.
  • We played the frosh some, but we need to have a real youth movement in the WR room.
  • Harris needs to touch the ball more.
  • We need to get Tyler in the game. He needs to start getting reps.
  • I'm sure there's more, but those are the biggest concerns off the top.

Last edited:
Advertisement
...he is not nearly as good as we'd hoped. My only hope is that he is willing to learn and will learn.

He has made us better offensively, but being one of the worst O's in the nation and then become a top 40 D, is good and in the right direction, but still not what we need long term.

Here are the biggest areas of concern and hopes for the future:
  • Consistent 7 step straight drop backs. WHY? We have a 5'9" QB who has real wheels. Why in the world are we making it easy on the opposing DC's? Why are we not moving the pocket? Waggles, roll outs, etc. We need to simplify this O for him and if his 1st 2 targets are unavailable, then take off. If King takes off on the outside, he has WAY more opportunities to make plays.
  • Why are we not intentionally targeting the TE's more? Yes, Will had 2 TD's, but he was also not being targeted for much of the game. It's insane.
  • We started with some RB screens, they were mishandled and we went away from it. Let's call those more and execute them properly.
  • We played the frosh some, but we need to have a real youth movement in the WR room.
  • Harris needs to tough the ball more.
  • We need to get Tyler in the game. He needs to start getting reps.
  • I'm sure there's more, but those are the biggest concerns off the top.
No Knee jerk my brother. You are right on. Teams have figured him out. For the life of me i don't know why he stays away from the middle with the exception of your occasional tight rpo tight end or rb to the middle. It's wide open and we will not take advantage on a consistent basis. TOOOOOOOOOO many 3 and outs over the last 2 games. Boom or Bust offenses don't work when you play against an quality opponent with a good defensive mind. King tucked the ball and ran more during the first 3 games now he stands in the pocket waiting for an invitation. He was terrible today. Very concerning, two straight weeks of **** poor play from our qb.

Advertisement
Guys pined for a fast paced offense that put playmakers in space and was easy for the players to grasp. It is what it is. With another season and all those practices it might get a little better (more talent wouldn’t hurt) but people expecting some insanely complex innovative unstoppable offense were a little foolhardy. Lashlee can **** kick decent and bad defenses and will struggle against good ones, he will get owned against great ones. Still 100X better than Enos.

Not going to hold y’all up.

After the last few seasons. And Miami has started 2020 scoring 30+ in 4 out of 5 games. Lashlee is the least of my concerns.

Recruiting is my biggest concern. Miami needs a influx of top talent at OL. We need to hold the 21 class and add some top flight talent late.

There have been times in recent seasons where we have struggled to score 10.

Some are saying “but the defense gave them short fields!”

IDGAF you still gotta punch that ***** in the end zone. The d has given the offense opportunities in the last. And the O didn’t punch nothin in and we lost a bunch of games. I’m cool for now.

More like neutral

Advertisement
True but I'd assert it's difficult for any OC to effectively scheme around a receiving corps this poor
Put the freshmen in and see what they can do.. X barely got any reps, Smith got open and was PI’d and no call.. Didn’t see 83 in the game at all.. Also, Payton is a jag too like the upperclassmen. He can’t get open either. Wiggins can get behind the defense (one trick pony) but King throws ducks deep that he has to fair catch and the defense catches up.

Put the freshmen in and see what they can do.. X barely got any reps, Smith got open and was PI’d and no call.. Didn’t see 83 in the game at all.. Also, Payton is a jag too like the upperclassmen. He can’t get open either. Wiggins can get behind the defense (one trick pony) but King throws ducks deep that he has to fair catch and the defense catches up.
Redding, Smith, Payton all played quite a bit. King had a poor game passing but he threw two good deep passes to Smith & Wiggins, one each yet they couldn't come down with it. Payton I think haf two targets all game. Would be nice to see some WR crossing routes once in awhile. I think eventually smith & redding will make plays the more they're out there.

Advertisement
Redding, Smith, Payton all played quite a bit. King had a poor game passing but he threw two good deep passes to Smith & Wiggins, one each yet they couldn't come down with it. Payton I think haf two targets all game. Would be nice to see some WR crossing routes once in awhile. I think eventually smith & redding will make plays the more they're out there.
For some reason I do dn’t see Redding much but Payton doesn’t look fast and does not get open either. Maybe it’s the routes since we are obviously not using the whole route tree, the defense can guess better. The pass to smith was obviously PI that was not called. But still, he had to wait for the ball and slow down. King not good at deep throws.

For some reason I do dn’t see Redding much but Payton doesn’t look fast and does not get open either. Maybe it’s the routes since we are obviously not using the whole route tree, the defense can guess better. The pass to smith was obviously PI that was not called. But still, he had to wait for the ball and slow down. King not good at deep throws.
We only seem to call plays for payton on the sideline and his timing with king looks off, I think he needs more targets but it's true he's not getting much separation. I saw the PI play for Smith but he had another 50/50 ball that king put on the money but he simply didn't catch it. We need to utilize the middle of the field more and use more variety outside of bubble screens, rpo's, and deep balls we rarely connect on.

Advertisement
Not that he’s impervious to criticism but I don’t Lashlee is the problem

Not meaning to make excuses but not having the typical practice time to get ready for the year was concerning to me

People have been saying we are too reliant on big plays but so what? Isn’t that what we’ve been *****ing about for 10 years? Lack of explosive plays?

He can be a lot better but I think he’s been solid other than the Clemson game

We only seem to call plays for payton on the sideline and his timing with king looks off, I think he needs more targets but it's true he's not getting much separation. I saw the PI play for Smith but he had another 50/50 ball that king put on the money but he simply didn't catch it. We need to utilize the middle of the field more and use more variety outside of bubble screens, rpo's, and deep balls we rarely connect on.
The common denominator on the deep balls to all the different WRs is King. He throws a HORRIBLE deep ball! He heaves it so hard and the motion is so long. He looks like a kid throwing a grown mans ball. And it goes straight in the air and the WRs have to wait and wait and wait and wait. Have to slow down to catch his ducks. Nothing is in stride. The passes to Wiggins and smith were broken up, not dropped because they have to slow down so much and the defender catches up and breaks it up. Gotta give your guys a chance out there.

Worst WR room we've had. Hopefully one of these young guys step up because Wiggins, Harley and Pope are who they are.

OL is still major work in progress.

If we had studs at those position groups and we were still getting the results we are getting I would be right there with you about Lashlee but WRs and OL have been exposed the last two weeks against good defenses.

The common denominator on the deep balls to all the different WRs is King. He throws a HORRIBLE deep ball! He heaves it so hard and the motion is so long. He looks like a kid throwing a grown mans ball. And it goes straight in the air and the WRs have to wait and wait and wait and wait. Have to slow down to catch his ducks. Nothing is in stride. The passes to Wiggins and smith were broken up, not dropped because they have to slow down so much and the defender catches up and breaks it up. Gotta give your guys a chance out there.
That’s what 5’9 will do. It is what it is.

Advertisement
Back