Don't Sleep on Richt

Man if we take 5 WRs this class thats just retarded.

Why? Unless I'm missing anyone, the only legitimate receivers we have right now are richards, Berrios, Mullins and Cager (depending how he recovers)
Berrios is a senior and at this pace, richards will be gone in 2 years

Advertisement

The only way it makes sense to sign 5 WRs this year is if the staff is planning on letting go of Dayall and Langham before the season starts and has projected Njoku to TE. I'm fine with signing 3 - Njoku, Thomas, and Pouncey or Smith and calling it a day.

The only way it makes sense to sign 5 WRs this year is if the staff is planning on letting go of Dayall and Langham before the season starts and has projected Njoku to TE. I'm fine with signing 3 - Njoku, Thomas, and Pouncey or Smith and calling it a day.

Some will get RS'ed, You can't just leave money on the table, we will find a place for them.

Lol y'all act like we have great depth at WR or something.

Some will get RS'ed, You can't just leave money on the table, we will find a place for them.

Redshirting them would be even worse. Theres like 6WRs we have a great shot at next year that are better than Harley, and much better than Pouncey.

This isn't specifically to you but, I feel like yall don't understand how many guys we will need to pull scholarships from to be able to sign 20+ prospects in 2018. If we sign all the top guys we are after this year we'd have a class of like 30. We have like 55 guys that will be returning for next year, meaning we'd be full on scholarships at 85. And I know next year as of now we will only have 13 guys graduating with 4 more potentially declaring early. Now I'm not really sure how the whole EE **** ends up working out, but if we ignore that we will basically only have 13-17 available the following season. So with a 2017 class at 30 we'd literally need 8-12 guys (which is a lot) currently on the roster to have their scholarship taken away to take a full class in 2018, which is loaded with talent at the skill positions.

Its why I don't want Pouncey, Harley, Derrick Smith, Carpenter, and I don't like Wilder all that much either. I mean I'm fine with Harley if we only get one of Smith/Thomas. But if we get both, we do not need another wr.

Advertisement

Redshirting them would be even worse. Theres like 6WRs we have a great shot at next year that are better than Harley, and much better than Pouncey.

This isn't specifically to you but, I feel like yall don't understand how many guys we will need to pull scholarships from to be able to sign 20+ prospects in 2018. If we sign all the top guys we are after this year we'd have a class of like 30. We have like 55 guys that will be returning for next year, meaning we'd be full on scholarships at 85. And I know next year as of now we will only have 13 guys graduating with 4 more potentially declaring early. Now I'm not really sure how the whole EE **** ends up working out, but if we ignore that we will basically only have 13-17 available the following season. So with a 2017 class at 30 we'd literally need 8-12 guys (which is a lot) currently on the roster to have their scholarship taken away to take a full class in 2018, which is loaded with talent at the skill positions.

Its why I don't want Pouncey, Harley, Derrick Smith, Carpenter, and I don't like Wilder all that much either. I mean I'm fine with Harley if we only get one of Smith/Thomas. But if we get both, we do not need another wr.

EE count towards the previous class.

Lol y'all act like we have great depth at WR or something.

I don't think Nick Saban himself could sell playing time to the 2018 class of WRs if he had 10 returning WRs to explain away. lol.

EE count towards the previous class.

I mean I know they can be counted for the previous class, but in the end it'll probably be a wash anyways since I'm sure there will be a bunch of guys next year that want to EE also. Either way I think I made my point, and thats that we are going to need around 10 guys to leave between now and then to have a full class for a stacked 2018 class.

Advertisement
Back