Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but...

I'll put myself in the category of folks who bought into al golden prematurely but I for **** sure am not going to agree that we as fans are the ones who created this mess. None of us were ever photographed taking a check from nevin shapiro. None of us offered one-sided contracts to unproven coaches, multiple times (to multiple coaches). This program was a mess before we hired al golden.

Props to you for admitting your mistake

Stupid thread. People that love the program are going to do their best to support any new coach. Just a dumb comment from you.

Stupid is crowning a guy before he does anything. You can be in a Nuetral position and still support the new coach. making excuses for a new coach is not support. Not a well thought out post on your part.

Advertisement
Dumb thread. It wasn't unreasonable to give Golden, or any coach for that matter the benefit of the doubt the first year considering the mess he inherited from Shannon. That doesn't mean any of us thought it was smart to give him a 4 year extension after a 6 - 6 season. You have no one but Donna and the BOT to blame for that idiotic decision.

Thank you.

After 2 consecutive shot in the dark cheap hires, most fans were desperate for any life line to cling to for dear life. Folden talked a decent game and definitely had some hopes up...not to mention it was blatantly obvious the dumbass BOT, etc. wasn't going to spring for more experienced, better coaching as it came down to this fool and Edsell.

Giving the guy an extension was a wholy different beast after accomplishing nothing.

UM

Personally it was never an issue of him being the guy or not. That takes time to find out, especially considering the circumstances he walked into. There were reasons he couldn't be judged fairly early on. Anyone who says he didn't inherit a mess is an idiot. Now, has he done a lot to fix it? Not enough for me. However, we are more talented than we were 5 years ago, so at least he's putting talent on the roster for what we all hope is the next good coach.

Bottom line, you can't judge a coach until he has a body of work to be judged on. He has that now, and all the criticism is warranted.

Dumb thread. It wasn't unreasonable to give Golden, or any coach for that matter the benefit of the doubt the first year considering the mess he inherited from Shannon. That doesn't mean any of us thought it was smart to give him a 4 year extension after a 6 - 6 season. You have no one but Donna and the BOT to blame for that idiotic decision.

Thank you.

After 2 consecutive shot in the dark cheap hires, most fans were desperate for any life line to cling to for dear life. Folden talked a decent game and definitely had some hopes up...not to mention it was blatantly obvious the dumbass BOT, etc. wasn't going to spring for more experienced, better coaching as it came down to this fool and Edsell.

Giving the guy an extension was a wholy different beast after accomplishing nothing.

UM

You sound like golden. Seriously.

Crown Nites

Crown WHitlock

I was all for it untill I listened to Whitlock's Podcast

I blame Shannon for making us want GOlden

Advertisement
Congrats 4 years later you can pat yourself on the back.

What a tool

No sense in wasting energy getting mad at me. Trust me it don't bother me baby Im bad to the bone. Get mad at golden but at the same time except responsibility for your part.

Crown Nites

Crown WHitlock

I was all for it untill I listened to Whitlock's Podcast

I blame Shannon for making us want GOlden

Whitlock's podcast definitely got me looking twice at al and dorito.

Also, I wish I could find it, but someone posted a thread from the Temple board where their fans told us that dorito's defense would drive the fans crazy. They totally had dorito and al perfectly sighted and it wasn't pretty. The Temple fans in that thread foreshadowed everything we've seen from the ped state duo.

What a tool

No sense in wasting energy getting mad at me. Trust me it don't bother me baby Im bad to the bone. Get mad at golden but at the same time except responsibility for your part.

"Accept". If you're going to try and sound like the smartest asshat in the room you should keep the grammar tight. However I'm not surprised by it...you're bad to the bone homeboy.

Advertisement

What a tool

"Accept". If you're going to try and sound like the smartest asshat in the room you should keep the grammar tight. However I'm not surprised by it...you're bad to the bone homeboy.

You need a comma after, " however". It's a common introductory word.

What a tool

Once again this isn't Alabama or Michigan. Miami fans have no impact on the program. Its idiotic to assume the Miami fans had an impact on helping to creating golden. Especially on a sports forum. In fact Michigan prob had the same situation as Miami. When they hired Hoke everyone crowned him...then they all turned on him. Wasn't it reported that hundred of thousands of Michigan fans marched to the deans office to get Home fired? That fan base can create and even destroy something. Miami fans can't.

Last edited:
Lots of Golden slurpers still around. They need to be called out and put on a list (and said list sticky'd)

Advertisement
Back