Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but...

Miami Nights

Junior
A lot of you who prematurely crowned Golden before he coached a game and even up til last year helped create this monster.

It was clear to see that Golden wasn't the man for the job well into the 2011 season yet people had a plethora of built in excuses lined up and gave this guy a pass.

Here we are 4 years later and you have people telling recruits not to come here, people want golden dead, harm done to his family, miami needs to go 0-12 etc etc.

These over the top antics make no sense, offer no solution and sense a lot of you helped create this bs you need to just deal with it.

If you wanna Send emails, not go to games, not renew tickets, etc whatever fine.....matter of fact if you wanna do that other chit that's fine too ...I mean..people are gonna deal with this in different ways but you Atleast have to admit you had a part in making this monster. I know a lot of you wont but whatever. It needed to be said. People are blaming everyone else but not themselves.

Advertisement
I have to say that it is quite amusing to see how drastically certain posters have changed. Won't call anyone out by name since we are on the same team now but I can't help but laugh at some of the people who were so adamant that Golden was the guy, and who now are full of venom and hatred.

(Didn't mean to thumbs down you OP. Phone is acting up)

Be careful...this might be interpreted as a personal attack on the golden slurpers.

BTW I 100% agree.....the POS had many on here drinking the koolaid.

I love how Miami fans are always to blame for the team's failures. Forget the fact that the Athletic Department has been so poorly managed and corrupt for over 10 years now.

This is likened to blaming petty stockholders for Enron's bankruptcy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Of course Randall Shannon was so god awful, a sack of **** was impressive by comparison. Well, we are 4 years into living with that sack of **** and now the stench has caught up with us.

comparing Randy to Al Golden is like comaring buffy the body's *** to a piece of flat dry wall. As bad as randy was...Golden is worse. Golden is the smartest, dumbest, most stubborn, walking dripping POS ************ I have ever seen

Lmfao.......
Please tell me again what I am allowed to do?????
Lol
I can't stop laughing......

Advertisement
I love how Miami fans are always to blame for the team's failures. Forget the fact that the Athletic Department has been so poorly managed and corrupt for over 10 years now.

Nowhere near it what is being said. Just saying the people who crowned the man HELPED created This monster.

I almost feel like I owe Dan Silio an apology.... almost, because technically I was right, Al Golden would have his job longer than he his.

Nowhere near it what is being said. Just saying the people who crowned the man HELPED created This monster.

Exactly. Al Golden and the UM administration are solely to blame for the product on the field. However, it's silly to act as if most of the fanbase didn't enable the administration to take the attitude they have towards the program. Most fans ate up all of the excuses from Golden and the administration, and perpetuated them on this very forum. Golden's support at its peak was almost cult-like.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dumb thread. It wasn't unreasonable to give Golden, or any coach for that matter the benefit of the doubt the first year considering the mess he inherited from Shannon. That doesn't mean any of us thought it was smart to give him a 4 year extension after a 6 - 6 season. You have no one but Donna and the BOT to blame for that idiotic decision.

And that's a crock of ****. Fans did nothing to create this monster.

Advertisement
I have to say that it is quite amusing to see how drastically certain posters have changed. Won't call anyone out by name since we are on the same team now but I can't help but laugh at some of the people who were so adamant that Golden was the guy, and who now are full of venom and hatred.

(Didn't mean to thumbs down you OP. Phone is acting up)

Funny that I'm watching a documentary on Ukrainian soldiers who fought for the ***** at Brody when the war was going well for them, and switched to the Soviets when the winds changed in late 44-45.

I'll put myself in the category of folks who bought into al golden prematurely but I for **** sure am not going to agree that we as fans are the ones who created this mess. None of us were ever photographed taking a check from nevin shapiro. None of us offered one-sided contracts to unproven coaches, multiple times (to multiple coaches). This program was a mess before we hired al golden.

Dumb thread. It wasn't unreasonable to give Golden, or any coach for that matter the benefit of the doubt the first year considering the mess he inherited from Shannon. That doesn't mean any of us thought it was smart to give him a 4 year extension after a 6 - 6 season. You have no one but Donna and the BOT to blame for that idiotic decision.
Of course it's reasonable to give them the benefit of the doubt for the first year. Problem is that most gave him the benefit of the doubt for 4 years.

perfect example of what I'm talkin about. And most all the people that crowned this fool prematurely were giddy when he got that extension due exclusively to that weak *** excuse you just gave.

It's the same Micky mouse excuse Donny shalala is dam near using to keep this fool employed.

Advertisement
Back