Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but...

I'll put myself in the category of folks who bought into al golden prematurely but I for **** sure am not going to agree that we as fans are the ones who created this mess. None of us were ever photographed taking a check from nevin shapiro. None of us offered one-sided contracts to unproven coaches, multiple times (to multiple coaches). This program was a mess before we hired al golden.

Again, didn't say the fans created the situation but they certainly helped.

Advertisement
I'll put myself in the category of folks who bought into al golden prematurely but I for **** sure am not going to agree that we as fans are the ones who created this mess. None of us were ever photographed taking a check from nevin shapiro. None of us offered one-sided contracts to unproven coaches, multiple times (to multiple coaches). This program was a mess before we hired al golden.

Again, didn't say the fans created the situation but they certainly helped.

Ive shared this story before. I have a buddy who was a high ranking NFL exec. He is very well connected within the "football industry." He told me (when we fired coker and hired Randy), "You guys should have fired him last year so you guys could have hired Al Golden (who had taken the Temple job one year earlier.) My buddy went on to rave about how al golden is a rising star in the football coaching world.

If this guy was fooled by golden, how can any of us feel bad for believing the man's bull****? You've seen the man speak. Golden can spew bull**** like no ones bidnizz. We as fans were looking for something to heal our wounds and bought some of al goldens magic elixir. And now we all have skin rash from it. lol

Dumb thread. It wasn't unreasonable to give Golden, or any coach for that matter the benefit of the doubt the first year considering the mess he inherited from Shannon. That doesn't mean any of us thought it was smart to give him a 4 year extension after a 6 - 6 season. You have no one but Donna and the BOT to blame for that idiotic decision.

perfect example of what I'm talkin about. And most all the people that crowned this fool prematurely were giddy when he got that extension due exclusively to that weak *** excuse you just gave.

It's the same Micky mouse excuse Donny shalala is dam near using to keep this fool employed.
You are really grasping at straws. FWIW I literally cringed when they gave him that extension.

A lot of you who prematurely crowned Golden before he coached a game and even up til last year helped create this monster.

It was clear to see that Golden wasn't the man for the job well into the 2011 season yet people had a plethora of built in excuses lined up and gave this guy a pass.

Here we are 4 years later and you have people telling recruits not to come here, people want golden dead, harm done to his family, miami needs to go 0-12 etc etc.

These over the top antics make no sense, offer no solution and sense a lot of you helped create this bs you need to just deal with it.

If you wanna Send emails, not go to games, not renew tickets, etc whatever fine.....matter of fact if you wanna do that other chit that's fine too ...I mean..people are gonna deal with this in different ways but you Atleast have to admit you had a part in making this monster. I know a lot of you wont but whatever. It needed to be said. People are blaming everyone else but not themselves.
Yeah I'm not blaming anyone who does what people do when you hire a new coach. I know I didn't crown him. Nice speech and all, that first game v Maryland was a huge red flag so I was neutral. After 2012 I was done. That's the worst defense I ever seen in my life and not much has changed

Advertisement
Was all in on Al from day 1 and probably has to do with the fact how bad Blandito was. However, the Wake Forest game last year where we were 6-0 was the turning point for me. While I am guilty of buying in from Day 1 with the sharp snake oil greased hair used car salesman I had the awareness to realize in victory against Wake that we were doomed and headed for a very bad place.

I gave up on his sorry *** when he played prevent D (oh...wait...I forgot, his base D is prevent D) against Virginia back in 2012 right after we had taken the lead with under 2:00 to go, and subsequently gave up a TD with 6 seconds remaining. Dorito's D somehow managed to make Michael Rocco look like Peyton Manning. I knew right then and there that we were fugged. Even though I already suspected him of being a fraud earlier than that, after we got blown out by K-State, 52-13 and 41-3 by Notre Dame.

If you wanna Send emails, not go to games, not renew tickets, etc whatever fine.....matter of fact if you wanna do that other chit that's fine too ...I mean..people are gonna deal with this in different ways but you Atleast have to admit you had a part in making this monster. I know a lot of you wont but whatever. It needed to be said. People are blaming everyone else but not themselves.
I just think it's funny that another man thinks he can tell me how to root for my team. This is an Internet message board. If you think I'm going to listen to anybody telling me how to support my team, then you are very delusional.

I love how Miami fans are always to blame for the team's failures. Forget the fact that the Athletic Department has been so poorly managed and corrupt for over 10 years now.

This is likened to blaming petty stockholders for Enron's bankruptcy.

Nowhere near it what is being said. Just saying the people who crowned the man HELPED created This monster.

Exactly. Al Golden and the UM administration are solely to blame for the product on the field. However, it's silly to act as if most of the fanbase didn't enable the administration to take the attitude they have towards the program. Most fans ate up all of the excuses from Golden and the administration, and perpetuated them on this very forum. Golden's support at its peak was almost cult-like.

Canes fans want to believe and were buying his ****, myself included as I was a slurper ,until the bowl game against Louisville. I hate the Administration for the lack of vision and petty pinching bull ****, Golden and the fraud he has perpetrated which he has been allowed to continue and the insulting the of intelligence of their fans, many of whom, myself included earned our degrees at the U. Very sad state of affairs.

Advertisement
Furthermore, WTF does it matter when someone turned on Golden? Do you feel better being able to ridicule others? Do you enjoy saying "I told you so!"? Just to clarify........
When is the cut off point of it being acceptable to change your opinion of Golden?
Before he was hired?
After he was hired?
1st year?
2nd year?
3rd year?
4th year?

Also, if you could make a list of which fans are allowed to do which actions based on when they stopped supporting Golden I would appreciate it.
GTFOH!!!!!

Furthermore, WTF does it matter when someone turned on Golden? Do you feel better being able to ridicule others? Do you enjoy saying "I told you so!"? Just to clarify........
When is the cut off point of it being acceptable to change your opinion of Golden?
Before he was hired?
After he was hired?
1st year?
2nd year?
3rd year?
4th year?

Also, if you could make a list of which fans are allowed to do which actions based on when they stopped supporting Golden I would appreciate it.
GTFOH!!!!!

Since I stated when I stopped being a slurper, what is my punishment, basically a year ago? What do you think.

BTW what is the bad news you are bearing?

comparing Randy to Al Golden is like comaring buffy the body's *** to a piece of flat dry wall. As bad as randy was...Golden is worse. Golden is the smartest, dumbest, most stubborn, walking dripping POS ************ I have ever seen

No comparing Shannon to Golden is like comparing a 500 lb man to an 800 lb man. The 500lb man...lighter but both still fat

I love how Miami fans are always to blame for the team's failures. Forget the fact that the Athletic Department has been so poorly managed and corrupt for over 10 years now.

Nowhere near it what is being said. Just saying the people who crowned the man HELPED created This monster.

And that's a crock of ****. Fans did nothing to create this monster.

Completely agree. The fans did not create or help create this monster. Does he forget what fan base Miami is? This isn't Alabama or Michigan, fans that have an impact on the program. Whether Miami fans are for or against Golden the admin do not care.

Last edited:
Advertisement
When he was initially hired, I didn't like him or dislike him but I was willing to give him a fair chance up until last year.

But I can say now that I clearly dislike him as the HC of this program.

A lot of you who prematurely crowned Golden before he coached a game and even up til last year helped create this monster.

It was clear to see that Golden wasn't the man for the job well into the 2011 season yet people had a plethora of built in excuses lined up and gave this guy a pass.

Here we are 4 years later and you have people telling recruits not to come here, people want golden dead, harm done to his family, miami needs to go 0-12 etc etc.

These over the top antics make no sense, offer no solution and sense a lot of you helped create this bs you need to just deal with it.

What is your point? Yes many of us were hopeful and even deluded, so what. We couldn't do anything then either. Is there some wort of bonus for being first to claim AL sucks? Was the program in shambles when he got here? Yeap. Did the ncaa thing hurt his chances? Yeap. Was there early indications of his shortcomings? Yeap. About the fourth uncontested bubble screen in the Maryland game certainly showed defensive issues and slow adjustments--the total absence of ability and willingness to adjust took a little longer for most of us to believe. Beating the gator last year and going 7-0 certainly glossed over the obvious failings, for me at east. But the VT game that followed was it for me. It was clear that Al had lost the players and by then we knew that BTW would have beaten the gator that year.

BUT we did not create the monster. We did not have the power to do so. This is a creation of Donna and the BOT. Most of us are Canes fans, plain and simple. We want our Canes to kick rear on the field. You, and some others here, seem to thick all this is about blogging and being right. You are no better than Al. He want to be right and only win HIS way. I supported Al. I was wrong. Dang, I waiting a few minutes and check -- he is still here and we still suck. You were right, there I said it. Now take that affirmation and go out and fix the problem. We all promise to bow and praise you after that.

Advertisement

Props to you for admitting your mistake

Props to you for admitting your mistake

Stupid thread. People that love the program are going to do their best to support any new coach. Just a dumb comment from you.

L

And that's a crock of ****. Fans did nothing to create this monster.

You were one of the guys who claimed Miami had turned the corner earlier in the year during that 4 game win streak and even compared this team in the 1999 squad so I can see why you're mad.

Advertisement
Back