Don't kill the messenger. Word is, Golden gone by Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife thread though
Just missed that thread. Deleted as I was opening. Any clue what the subject matter was?

some guy said his wife (who went to 'bama) has a sorority sister who is married to a UM BOT member. According to her, Golden is gone.

That is the thinnest of straws I have seen so far in this otherwise towering thread.

So, did this woman indicate how much the Administration is going to pay Coach Gruden after hr takes over?

Advertisement
100,000 views on this thread. More than total Sun Life attendance this season. Man are we desperate or what? Please let this happen.

Anybody else curious why D$ or Pete haven't chimed in? A simple we don't know a dang thing would suffice.

D$ already said he doesn't know anything, and Pete is a ghost.

Thanks. Missed it but then again I couldn't bring myself to reading every post.

Sounds like Al will stay undefeated vs rumors. It's ironic as ****. He's basically wagging his middle finger to the entire fan base and administration. It shouldn't come as a surprise, however. It's the same stubbornness he exemplifies with his schemes and overall philosophy.

Really not trying to defend Al as I think he needs to be removed yesterday.
But right now is not on him.
The ball is in the court of the UM.
They need to get on with it and fire him.
It is not his job to do their job.

Any Ideas of when the very last possible date we will have a final answer by is? There has to be a certain date where all hopes of Golden getting fired have to be gone. I'm thinking January 15th. By then it will be final that next season will be a complete waste. I will have hope until then. After that the earliest I can have hope again will be about week 5, which is probably the absolute earliest a HC can be fired in college.

Advertisement
Any Ideas of when the very last possible date we will have a final answer by is? There has to be a certain date where all hopes of Golden getting fired have to be gone. I'm thinking January 15th. By then it will be final that next season will be a complete waste. I will have hope until then. After that the earliest I can have hope again will be about week 5, which is probably the absolute earliest a HC can be fired in college.

If Golden does an end of season presser, it's over. They'll probably announce a date for that shortly if a move isn't made this weekend.

Advertisement
Gotta think some thing is brewing. Otherwise fake james would have sent a stupid "al is our coach for 2015" statement on twitter by now

This is not CaneSports.com. The fact that the administrators of this site let this thread keep going all this time without locking or deleting it tells me that they may think the source is a reliable one. Everything is possible, but I find it hard to believe that guys who run this place think this thread is total BS and still let it stay alive all this time. Or it's just wishful thinking on my part.

Gotta think some thing is brewing. Otherwise fake james would have sent a stupid "al is our coach for 2015" statement on twitter by now

Nah they wont do that every time a rumor starts

He said it once and that's it

Advertisement
This is not CaneSports.com. The fact that the administrators of this site let this thread keep going all this time without locking or deleting it tells me that they may think the source is a reliable one. Everything is possible, but I find it hard to believe that guys who run this place think this thread is total BS and still let it stay alive all this time. Or it's just wishful thinking on my part.

This is what I have been thinking too. I honestly don't think they would allow staff writers to just post rumors without any backing. That isn't who they are. They are staying quiet and letting it play out. I'm sure they all talk about what is happening in here. With how quick they have been to lock up threads, and the fact that this one has not been locked up, that says something.

Nah they wont do that every time a rumor starts

He said it once and that's it

Most ADs will say things once. James has said it like 4 times already, and I still think he will say it once more as the final hope-taking blow in a pathetic season.

Last edited:
Advertisement

This is what I have been thinking too. I honestly don't think they would allow staff writers to just post rumors without any backing. That isn't who they are. They are staying quiet and letting it play out. I'm sure they all talk about what is happening in here. With how quick they have been to lock up threads, and the fact that this one has not been locked up, that says something.

This hasn't been locked because it's not a joke. Geo had a completely serious post, and he has been reliable in the past. The one on the wife, and Tad Foote or whoever he is started were not serious, and were completely pointless, and trying to spread false rumors. There is no reason to lock this thread, unless the people posting in it force them to.

Listen..I'm fully aware there's a 90% chance we are going to get disappointed..

But that's 10% more hope than we've had in 3+ seasons.

The man said in the OP that it would be Monday. Right or wrong...that's what he said. How about we hold onto this precious hope for 3 more days, enjoy the weekend, and THEN if you want to crucify him on Monday night (assuming nothing comes to pass or we don't hear more info) feel free to do so?

Just saying...it's the equitable thing to do.

Listen..I'm fully aware there's a 90% chance we are going to get disappointed..

But that's 10% more hope than we've had in 3+ seasons.

The man said in the OP that it would be Monday. Right or wrong...that's what he said. How about we hold onto this precious hope for 3 more days, enjoy the weekend, and THEN if you want to crucify him on Monday night (assuming nothing comes to pass or we don't hear more info) feel free to do so?

Just saying...it's the equitable thing to do.

90%? I'd say it's >99% chance we are disappointed. Still, I have hope until around the 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back