Don't kill the messenger. Word is, Golden gone by Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if Adidas is offering 3 million more per year AND Nike isn't willing to match. Then it's on Nike, not us.

If what i read about Nike is true in that they have a formula that tells them exactly how much to pay each school, then i don't blame them for not upping their offer. The moment they break that formula and offer one school more, they will have to do the same to all their other schools. That's not good business for Nike. Nike doesn't need to compete with Under Armour or Adidas. Nike has the best gear in sports, period. Kids know that and schools know that. They will always be in the game.

All Adidas and is doing is trying to cherry pick a couple big name schools like Michigan and Miami to build their brand and get momentum, so of course they are willing to completely OVERPAY those schools, unlike Nike. It's still good business for Adidas.....at least at this moment.

Exactly. But I will say, Adidas isn't necessarily overpaying that much. Yes they are overpaying, so that they can get these big name schools. But Nike is underpaying most schools they represent, but it is worth it for them still, because it is Nike. Adidas can't get away with underpaying.

But for those saying Nike is really that much better are crazy. Adidas represents Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern, Juventes, so their shoes are fine.

Adidas are huge in the world wide soccer cleats market. Man U and Juventus are Nike though for jerseys/shorts/socks.

Adidas just added Man U starting 2015 in a record breaking deal (10yr $100M!!) which is like $40M more than the next highest.

Advertisement
Not if Adidas is offering 3 million more per year AND Nike isn't willing to match. Then it's on Nike, not us.

If what i read about Nike is true in that they have a formula that tells them exactly how much to pay each school, then i don't blame them for not upping their offer. The moment they break that formula and offer one school more, they will have to do the same to all their other schools. That's not good business for Nike. Nike doesn't need to compete with Under Armour or Adidas. Nike has the best gear in sports, period. Kids know that and schools know that. They will always be in the game.

All Adidas and is doing is trying to cherry pick a couple big name schools like Michigan and Miami to build their brand and get momentum, so of course they are willing to completely OVERPAY those schools, unlike Nike. It's still good business for Adidas.....at least at this moment.

Exactly. But I will say, Adidas isn't necessarily overpaying that much. Yes they are overpaying, so that they can get these big name schools. But Nike is underpaying most schools they represent, but it is worth it for them still, because it is Nike. Adidas can't get away with underpaying.

But for those saying Nike is really that much better are crazy. Adidas represents Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern, Juventes, so their shoes are fine.

Adidas are huge in the world wide soccer cleats market. Man U and Juventus are Nike though for jerseys/shorts/socks.

Adidas just added Man U starting 2015 in a record breaking deal (10yr $100M!!) which is like $40M more than the next highest.

Good for them. They obviously have the cash to spend. Don't get all the hate for Adidas on here.

If losing the swoosh means losing the ******* Clam thats plastered all over our uniforms, then i'm all for it.

Advertisement
Louisville does just fine. I'm not a fan at all but it is what it is. Nike is much better IMO. Tennessee is Adidas too. Just saying its not the end of the world. Im sure we tried to have Nike match. If they didn't then and its sounds like that would be the case then it's their loss.

Now use that 3M as a buffer for kicking Golden to the curb.

Advertisement
Adidas makin moves man. Got the NBA, Mich, Tenn, Canes, Manchester United, US Army HS game

Louisville does just fine. I'm not a fan at all but it is what it is. Nike is much better IMO. Tennessee is Adidas too. Just saying its not the end of the world. Im sure we tried to have Nike match. If they didn't then and its sounds like that would be the case then it's their loss.

Now use that 3M as a buffer for kicking Golden to the curb.

tennessee is switching to nike this year.

Check out Ark St. unis right now on espn. They are Adidas. Jerseys fit a lot nicer and are actually more expensive. Go to Adidas.com and you'll see.

they look like a high school team.

And Miami didn't with all those ****** combos Nike made for us this past season?

The uni's were actually nice...blame the combinations used on the players or Golden (depending on who you believe really decides the game day combo). The decision to wear orange shirts with green pants (or vice versa) is just ******* retarded.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Check out Ark St. unis right now on espn. They are Adidas. Jerseys fit a lot nicer and are actually more expensive. Go to Adidas.com and you'll see.

And Miami didn't with all those ****ty combos Nike made for us this past season?

The uni's were actually nice...blame the combinations used on the players or Golden (depending on who you believe really decides the game day combo). The decision to wear orange shirts with green pants (or vice versa) is just ****ing retarded.

Nike made Green our primary color, when I think Orange is and should be. Plus I think everyone on here would be satisfied with the unis as long as we wear white helmets.
The fact is the helmet is the most important part of the uniform. We had the stupid *** eyebrow thing going for a while, and it was only fine because they didn't touch our helmet. Once they did that they ruined the uniform for a lot of people. And it was because they wore it so much too. With Adidas, I hope we have like a black or greeen helmet, but only if we wear it a maximum of two times the entire year.

And Miami didn't with all those ****ty combos Nike made for us this past season?

The uni's were actually nice...blame the combinations used on the players or Golden (depending on who you believe really decides the game day combo). The decision to wear orange shirts with green pants (or vice versa) is just ****ing retarded.

Nike made Green our primary color, when I think Orange is and should be. Plus I think everyone on here would be satisfied with the unis as long as we wear white helmets.
The fact is the helmet is the most important part of the uniform. We had the stupid *** eyebrow thing going for a while, and it was only fine because they didn't touch our helmet. Once they did that they ruined the uniform for a lot of people. And it was because they wore it so much too. With Adidas, I hope we have like a black or greeen helmet, but only if we wear it a maximum of two times the entire year.

Wouldn't mind a white/home, green/road helmet.

Like I said, green is part of our color scheme, but most of us grew up in the 80s loving the orange and white 'Canes and don't like the green. I think it should be used as much as the orange and white are.

Absolutely no excuse to take that Adidas deal and then not fire Al. Money excuse out the window.

We know they'll use that money to pay for more vibrators for Katie Maeir and co.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back