Don't kill the messenger. Word is, Golden gone by Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if Adidas is offering 3 million more per year AND Nike isn't willing to match. Then it's on Nike, not us.

It's still horrible. Nike is the most recognizable and popular sports brand in the world...and it's part of our history. On top of that their stuff is just a lot nicer.

Everything about this program is going into the gutter.

Yeah, Nike has a better brand. And don't act like Nike is that much more recognizable than Adidas and Under Armour is in the US. Maybe overseas, but not here. Recruits aren't going to choose another school because we are Adidas. If the unis they design look good, this is going to be great. ****, as long as they don't **** up the helmet, I'm very happy we switched and will be getting a few million more per year.

And I definitely like Nike more than Adidas, but switching does seem good so far.

Child Please...there's nothing good about it. Nike's gear is always better than Adidas...and yes...it's much more recognizeable. I completely disagree

Advertisement
Nike has given us crap uniforms the last few years. That abodoniminominal (did I spell that right?) training bra strap crap uni that made me not want to buy a jersey since 2006. Those Christmas ornament FAMU helmets. Just crap. I don't care who. Give someone else a chance. Someone who will respect The U and its traditions. We need all the help we can get in that department.

I'm not gonna lie I'm a huge Nike fan. All my shoes and sports wear is Nike, but they've given us some abominations. I hate those Christmas Ornament helmets. Makes me sick. ******* with the helmets was the last thing I wanted

So we allegedly spent $1M on uniforms we will only use for a season but we don't have enough for the buyout?

Not if Adidas is offering 3 million more per year AND Nike isn't willing to match. Then it's on Nike, not us.

It's still horrible. Nike is the most recognizable and popular sports brand in the world...and it's part of our history. On top of that their stuff is just a lot nicer.

Everything about this program is going into the gutter.

Yeah, Nike has a better brand. And don't act like Nike is that much more recognizable than Adidas and Under Armour is in the US. Maybe overseas, but not here. Recruits aren't going to choose another school because we are Adidas. If the unis they design look good, this is going to be great. ****, as long as they don't **** up the helmet, I'm very happy we switched and will be getting a few million more per year.

And I definitely like Nike more than Adidas, but switching does seem good so far.

In Japan, Nike and Adidas usually battle it out. Nike may be a bigger seller by a bit right now, but the Adidas Original series is HUGE in Japan right now.

Advertisement
I'll be ok with Adidas if they go back to.....

image.jpg

With a modern twist

If Adidas goes clean Ray Lewis era unis and burns the Christmas ornament helmets, I'll crown em.

Check out Ark St. unis right now on espn. They are Adidas. Jerseys fit a lot nicer and are actually more expensive. Go to Adidas.com and you'll see.

Advertisement
Seeing as we're discussing ******* uniforms, I'm guessing no news on the Golden front. 23 1/2 hours remain...

If what i read about Nike is true in that they have a formula that tells them exactly how much to pay each school, then i don't blame them for not upping their offer. The moment they break that formula and offer one school more, they will have to do the same to all their other schools. That's not good business for Nike. Nike doesn't need to compete with Under Armour or Adidas. Nike has the best gear in sports, period. Kids know that and schools know that. They will always be in the game.

All Adidas and is doing is trying to cherry pick a couple big name schools like Michigan and Miami to build their brand and get momentum, so of course they are willing to completely OVERPAY those schools, unlike Nike. It's still good business for Adidas.....at least at this moment.

Exactly. But I will say, Adidas isn't necessarily overpaying that much. Yes they are overpaying, so that they can get these big name schools. But Nike is underpaying most schools they represent, but it is worth it for them still, because it is Nike. Adidas can't get away with underpaying.

But for those saying Nike is really that much better are crazy. Adidas represents Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern, Juventes, so their shoes are fine.

Got no problem with Adidas over Nike if it means that we can use year one's payout to buyout Folden.

Advertisement
We have to have the most incompetent decision makers In the ncaa... 3 million is a big deal though. Personally under armour would have been better but oh well

I'm sorry, but I don't think we're recruiting players in Europe or South America at the moment.

We want kids mainly from Florida/South and guess who they prefer, especially when it comes to basketball.

If what i read about Nike is true in that they have a formula that tells them exactly how much to pay each school, then i don't blame them for not upping their offer. The moment they break that formula and offer one school more, they will have to do the same to all their other schools. That's not good business for Nike. Nike doesn't need to compete with Under Armour or Adidas. Nike has the best gear in sports, period. Kids know that and schools know that. They will always be in the game.

All Adidas and is doing is trying to cherry pick a couple big name schools like Michigan and Miami to build their brand and get momentum, so of course they are willing to completely OVERPAY those schools, unlike Nike. It's still good business for Adidas.....at least at this moment.

Exactly. But I will say, Adidas isn't necessarily overpaying that much. Yes they are overpaying, so that they can get these big name schools. But Nike is underpaying most schools they represent, but it is worth it for them still, because it is Nike. Adidas can't get away with underpaying.

But for those saying Nike is really that much better are crazy. Adidas represents Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern, Juventes, so their shoes are fine.

Adidas are huge in the world wide soccer cleats market. Man U and Juventus are Nike though for jerseys/shorts/socks.

Advertisement
I'm sorry, but I don't think we're recruiting players in Europe or South America at the moment.

We want kids mainly from Florida/South and guess who they prefer, especially when it comes to basketball.

Football pays the bills. Simple as that.

I'm sure coach Larranaga can recruit some good Adidas kids. Louisville and Wisconsin make do in basketball.

I don't get the hate on Adidas. They are dropping major money into programs these days, way more than Nike is. Nike has done a very poor job of outfitting us with the latest abortion uniforms being the worst. Adidas seems to stick with the classic designs (Michigan, Wisconsin, Tennessee, etch.). Hopefully that's the case and we can get back to our classic look.

Exactly. I don't give a **** about quality of thread or popularity among kids. Nike has no sense of simple and classy. The greater reign they are given, the greater the certainty they'll absolutely butcher it. Last season I was so disgusted when we ran out of the tunnel sometimes that I didn't stand to clap and I no longer cared as much about the outcomes.

To me, when you agree to uniforms like that, and agree to let the players chose the combo, it's further verification that the higher ups have no idea what they are doing. Our look was the last thing that needed to be altered.

I'm going to hope this is the first step toward returning to sanity and competence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back