Don't kill the messenger. Word is, Golden gone by Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
this kid works for joe rose and just tweeted this

ROB @RoBdatKiiD · 13m 13 minutes ago
I agree with @kylemc23 Al Golden will be fired Monday morning. #TheU

Advertisement
WHY WAS THIS THREAD CREATED IF WE WERE GUNNA CIRCLE about and nothing were to happen... I think I might be done with this site after this.. I like it a lot but man was this too good to be true
You hear that? That's the silence coming from the rest of the board giving two ***** if mr 154 post guy is leaving the board because the info doesn't come through.

What are you, blakes brother?

Look, I go way way back. I actually saw Hendricks, OJ Anderson, Chuck Foreman (no one better), Rubin Carter play football for UM. Actually were a lot of guys in the 70's that turned program around. Coaches? Not so much. Not sure of order but Saban and Selmer turned it positive after years of negative. Saban may have had only 50 guys who could play and half of them weren't pro guys. But they competed. Howard chose us as his destination program, like he had learned from Bear at Alabama, and asked us to go all in. He brought in talent the U had never seen before including downtown Eddie Brown, Kelly, Smokey Roan, and Brophy. Magic happens when you are a coach that makes it happen but the players were outstanding. Kosar was phenomenal both the championship year and the next one.

When I measure Kaaya, that is the standard. He was far, far, far short of that. I can't point to a single game when I can say if we didn't have Brad, we lose. Yet, each game plan asked him to win the game. That's why Coley should be gone. He wasted the Duke Johnson era. Duke was probably the number 1 recruit for running backs in the country. Running the ball, with the studs Randy left Al, should have been the number one priority. With this OC, if Duke didn't make 10 yards, the next play was always a pass. So we trust a true freshma over the Junior Duke. And we ***** about a 6-7 record?

There is a real WAR going on between fans and the UM athletic department. Although the AD holds all power, no AD can beat the fans. That is what is going on here. I predict, in the modern age, with their access to social media, the crazy side of things win. We lose commits, games, and any respect we once had as a football institution. We are DONE and we won't come back until all these guys on the current BOT are happily and safely buried.

Advertisement
I'll go with Choc Grey based on Geo's post.

Nope

IDK, Jamal Carter? Burns? a WR?

Met Artie's family at the FSU game. I don't think he would be going anywhere else. His little brothers were running around in a custom Artie Burns jersey playing football during the tailgate. Idk if anything changed from then but they didn't really say anything bad about Al. Family was pretty stoked before the game but who wouldn't be? It's Miami vs FSU

Look, I go way way back. I actually saw Hendricks, OJ Anderson, Chuck Foreman (no one better), Rubin Carter play football for UM. Actually were a lot of guys in the 70's that turned program around. Coaches? Not so much. Not sure of order but Saban and Selmer turned it positive after years of negative. Saban may have had only 50 guys who could play and half of them weren't pro guys. But they competed. Howard chose us as his destination program, like he had learned from Bear at Alabama, and asked us to go all in. He brought in talent the U had never seen before including downtown Eddie Brown, Kelly, Smokey Roan, and Brophy. Magic happens when you are a coach that makes it happen but the players were outstanding. Kosar was phenomenal both the championship year and the next one.

When I measure Kaaya, that is the standard. He was far, far, far short of that. I can't point to a single game when I can say if we didn't have Brad, we lose. Yet, each game plan asked him to win the game. That's why Coley should be gone. He wasted the Duke Johnson era. Duke was probably the number 1 recruit for running backs in the country. Running the ball, with the studs Randy left Al, should have been the number one priority. With this OC, if Duke didn't make 10 yards, the next play was always a pass. So we trust a true freshma over the Junior Duke. And we **** about a 6-7 record?

Selmer lost 8 games in his second year and was gone and Saban had an overall record of 9-13 before he was gone. So what in the **** are you talking about?

We rode Duke in the bowl game and we didn't win. You got the game plan you're asking for. The slow, Big Ten methodical offense. It was a disaster.

Last edited:
Geo I always had respect for you because you post some pretty solid stuff but now you made a lil sucka ***** move with the "I will keep to myself " why the **** would you even bring it up if you're not going to release it

Advertisement
Geo I always had respect for you because you post some pretty solid stuff but now you made a lil sucka ***** move with the "I will keep to myself " why the **** would you even bring it up if you're not going to release it

Maybe because the last time he tried sharing info with everyone he became the Al Golden of the message boards? Poor Geo. Dude can't win lately.

Geo

You seem like a nice guy. You stirred up a lot when you had questionable intel to rely upon. Washington Post, when they cared about such things, usually required a double source. You crossed the line on this one. You made the one and only mistake a human being could make. You assumed LOGIC had anything to do with this mess. There is no LOGIC here. UM administration plays the previous scorned bit for no reason, and Butch promises to basically sign anything they present him because number 1, he wants to finish his career here and 2, he wants to give this program the national championship it deserves. He has stated publicly how he will do that.

Do you really, really, really believe that Al Golden's trust the process is better than Butch's plan? I didn't think so either...

Check your pm

No we didn't plan that offense with Duke. How many times did Duke run the ball three straight times? How many times did Melvyn do so? Or the Nebraska dude? We chose to put our fate in a freshman over a junior. At a certain point UM players have to grow up.

Advertisement

Maybe because the last time he tried sharing info with everyone he became the Al Golden of the message boards? Poor Geo. Dude can't win lately.

I think the point CaneDro was making was, if Geo had info but couldn't share it, he shouldn't have even mentioned *having* the info in the first place. The only reason to bring up some super-secret information that you can't share with everyone is trolling. While I trust Geo's intentions way more, it's basically the same **** whoopingcane always does.

Advertisement
honestly, FSU game could have been a game changer for golden and like a fighter afraid to let his hands go, he choked in the 2nd half. are team played at a level on both sides of the ball unseen since he got here. We would have had momentum as a program and with recruits. He blew it and needs to be gone.

I think the point CaneDro was making was, if Geo had info but couldn't share it, he shouldn't have even mentioned *having* the info in the first place. The only reason to bring up some super-secret information that you can't share with everyone is trolling. While I trust Geo's intentions way more, it's basically the same **** whoopingcane always does.

Don't want to take credit away from a poster on here if it comes into place.

Carry on.

also he better not scape goat Khoe. he is the one guy who recruits and develops well on this whole staff.
Hurlie Brown is another guy who recruits hard and did a great job imo coaching our LB's this year, they looked
better than at any time under barrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back