Don't expect Halapio or matt jones to play on the 7th

You can bet your *** that Antonio Morrison will suit up for Miami.. Matt Jones only had about 300 yards rushing last year not sure why everyone is hyping him up. He's a solid young back nothing more imo.. Now Halipio thats a huge loss for them. Dubose is a huge loss in the return game only for the Gators. Jones and Morrison will play..

Advertisement
You can bet your *** that Antonio Morrison will suit up for Miami.. Matt Jones only had about 300 yards rushing last year not sure why everyone is hyping him up. He's a solid young back nothing more imo.. Now Halipio thats a huge loss for them. Dubose is a huge loss in the return game only for the Gators. Jones and Morrison will play..

People are hyping Jones up because he played very well against fsu & at the end of the season. People thought he might continue his success into the next year.

Updated (TODAY)

Now, since this year began, the following has happened:

Andre Debose (WR) out with an ACL Tear
Matt Rolin (LB) out with an ACL Tear
Jon Halapio (OG)
Matt Jones (RB)

"The Gators running game will be without two of its key players for next week's season opener against Toledo - and likely until the SEC opener Sept. 21 against Tennessee."

"Muschamp said Halapio will definitely miss the Toledo and Miami games but could return for the Tennessee game."

"In other injury news, Muschamp said defensive tackle Damien Jacobs (knee), fullback Hunter Joyer (hamstring) and defensive back Vernon Hargreaves III (shoulder) are expected back on Monday."

All of this missed practice time will show up when the bullets really start to fly on Sept. 7. If Matt Jones does play, he should be very rusty & we might be able to cause a few fumbles. Many of the gator fan are saying it doesn't matter if they miss practice, as long as they are ready for the game. If all of these missed practices have no affect on game day, then why have we practiced any of our starters? Gator fans are idiots.

Jones will play... when you are sick like that the weight you lose isn't good amount of it is water weight.. in the pros, losing that much weight will sideline you regardless, its college he will play.

He may not be that productive or he may play through it.. plenty of athletes played and did very well when they were sick.

If we want help because of UF injuries etc the only way is Driskell, he will not be taking a hit until the first game and the hope is they show up thinking nobody is going to be in the stands and it catches them off guard.

don't ever underestimate you opponent. UF is not a bs team, they have playmakers.. they have had enough issues off season for it to effect their game.

I said it many times.. this game will be won / lost by the coaches. an average team can beat a top talented team if they get out coached. Miami may come in saying we will pressure Driskell and stop them on O, and Driskell comes out firing .. we don't make that adjustment we are done.

If UF comes out saying we are going to hammer the ball until that low ranked D gives up and Miami D improved as we all think they did and gets bunch of stops UF is toast. Both teams can win and both teams can lose this game

Let me guess - whichever team scores the most will win?

It's not always the team that scores the most points that wins, defense plays a role too.

Updated (TODAY)

Now, since this year began, the following has happened:

Andre Debose (WR) out with an ACL Tear
Matt Rolin (LB) out with an ACL Tear
Jon Halapio (OG)
Matt Jones (RB)

"The Gators running game will be without two of its key players for next week's season opener against Toledo - and likely until the SEC opener Sept. 21 against Tennessee."

"Muschamp said Halapio will definitely miss the Toledo and Miami games but could return for the Tennessee game."

"In other injury news, Muschamp said defensive tackle Damien Jacobs (knee), fullback Hunter Joyer (hamstring) and defensive back Vernon Hargreaves III (shoulder) are expected back on Monday."

All of this missed practice time will show up when the bullets really start to fly on Sept. 7. If Matt Jones does play, he should be very rusty & we might be able to cause a few fumbles. Many of the gator fan are saying it doesn't matter if they miss practice, as long as they are ready for the game. If all of these missed practices have no affect on game day, then why have we practiced any of our starters? Gator fans are idiots.

Obviously they are saying things that make them feel better. If a player shows up for a game after missing the majority of fall practices and the weight program, what do you expect? Hershel Walker? Their running attack will have to feature a crew of misfits at RB, Trey Burton and a QB who recently had surgery. Let's not forget that their reliable guard will not be playing either. Banged up OL and issues with RBs, better focus on the pass game...oh wait.

Who knows who is going to run the **** ball for them? Our backups at RB (who have very few carries between them) are better then their entire RB depth chart. People are concerned about who is backing up Duke, people can now see what a real RB issue looks like. One of their RBs is a converted safety and another was a walk-on until recently.

Their defense will have to force turnovers and get some points IMO. Then again, is our defense going to perform welll?

Advertisement
i think Matt Jones has been woring out still and they said he still weighs around 220. This is coming from some intel from that swamp gas site.

The Valdez Showers kid hey just moved over to rb will be interesting heard the kid is fast as **** and has been doing well for them....also a walk on has been out performing other guys.

They will run ALOT with Burton and Driskell which is why their run game still will be effective. Lot of qb draws...read option plays i guaranteee they run against us.

Driskell and Burton can definately run the ball.

i think Matt Jones has been woring out still and they said he still weighs around 220. This is coming from some intel from that swamp gas site.

The Valdez Showers kid hey just moved over to rb will be interesting heard the kid is fast as **** and has been doing well for them....also a walk on has been out performing other guys.

They will run ALOT with Burton and Driskell which is why their run game still will be effective. Lot of qb draws...read option plays i guaranteee they run against us.

I don't know if he is lifting or eating properly but "Projected starter Matt Jones has yet to practice because of a viral infection....Obviously the Gators want the 6-foot-2, 226-pound Jones back as soon as possible. He underwent blood work on Monday and was out on the practice field for 10-15 minutes on Tuesday but still has not been cleared to practice. "

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/68287/crazy-running-back-depth-chart-for-florida-gators

Denzell Scaryman is about appendix high to Driskell. He's going to hurt him when he runs. Scaryman is a missile when QBs start feeling good about running the football.

Advertisement

Sounds like horseshyt. What kind of virus keeps a guy sidelined for a month, yet allows him to lift and maintain his weight?

So basically they will be running the Georgia Tech offense.

Sounds like horseshyt. What kind of virus keeps a guy sidelined for a month, yet allows him to lift and maintain his weight?

SUPER AIDS

Just to show I'm not a complete ***. I hope the ****tail works for him like it did for Magic.

If Muschamp runs his qb at us, they better have trauma staff at the ready. I read that even with the less invasive appendix surgery, it's the internal healing that takes up to a month. Even with a flak jacket, when that kid runs its open season and I would expect a minimum of 2 players hammering him on every tackle, if not 3-4.

Advertisement
They lack WRs and RBs. They have a starting QB (recent surgery) who has been known to throw a terrible ball, not that he has anyone to throw it to either, but has some legs. They just lost another OL for the game.

If we can score 3 TDs you have to feel good about our chances.

Has he had the opportunity to play against a defense that plays 10 yards off the recievers? And 20 yards off the recievers if it's 3rd and 10?

About Halapio being out

kinggator says:
Aug 23, 2013 6:19 PM
We’ll miss him in the 2 warm ups, but he’ll be ready for the SEC opener.

...please feel free to share with Al & co.

They lack WRs and RBs. They have a starting QB (recent surgery) who has been known to throw a terrible ball, not that he has anyone to throw it to either, but has some legs. They just lost another OL for the game.

Has he had the opportunity to play against a defense that plays 10 yards off the recievers? And 20 yards off the recievers if it's 3rd and 10?

Smoking the bone with another kunty post.

Advertisement

Antonio Morrison was suspended for the first two weeks of the season for getting arrested twice (second barking at a police dog).

If you get mono you must avoid contact sports for a few weeks, even when you feel better, because your spleen gets enlarged and is subject to rupture if it takes a shot. You can stay in the gym.

Smoking the bone with another kunty post.

SmokeyPole is the worst poster of all time. The ultimate wet blanket. He's the kind of guy who would win $600M in the power ball and whine about having to pay taxes on it. If you can't even get excited at this time of year then it might be time to test the structural rigidity of the closest ceiling fan.

I think they really think they will roll, so I'd expect none of those guys to play.

Advertisement
Back