Don't expect Halapio or matt jones to play on the 7th

radiocane

Freshman
Halapio out till Tenn. Jones getting more Blood work done....TIFWIW

Please delete or move to FB Board my bad

Advertisement
i want them all to play so that when we strangle those ******* gators they don't have any bull**** excuse as to why they lost!

463.jpg

If Jones plays he might get hit and turn into dust. He's lost serious weight and strength. He's a dead man walking. They had a priest come by his dorm room the other night. No chance he suits up, and if he does, Muskrat might as well hang him himself.

Advertisement
Halapio being out is huge. He's one of their best O-linemen. I'm not buying that Jones won't play.

That sucks for him (and UF).... Hope he gets healthy ASAP. (week 3 sounds good)

Advertisement
Jones will play... when you are sick like that the weight you lose isn't good amount of it is water weight.. in the pros, losing that much weight will sideline you regardless, its college he will play.

He may not be that productive or he may play through it.. plenty of athletes played and did very well when they were sick.

If we want help because of UF injuries etc the only way is Driskell, he will not be taking a hit until the first game and the hope is they show up thinking nobody is going to be in the stands and it catches them off guard.

don't ever underestimate you opponent. UF is not a bs team, they have playmakers.. they have had enough issues off season for it to effect their game.

I said it many times.. this game will be won / lost by the coaches. an average team can beat a top talented team if they get out coached. Miami may come in saying we will pressure Driskell and stop them on O, and Driskell comes out firing .. we don't make that adjustment we are done.

If UF comes out saying we are going to hammer the ball until that low ranked D gives up and Miami D improved as we all think they did and gets bunch of stops UF is toast. Both teams can win and both teams can lose this game

Anyone have a complete list of injured players from the gators and projected status if they will play or be out?

If we stop the run against UF, and that includes Driskell, then we'll win this game going away. Mack Brown and Kelvin Taylor were both highly recruited guys, but they're untested. Unless Driskell has morphed into the next coming of Grossman or Wuerffel, the passing game shouldn't hurt us too badly at all...especially if our pass rush gets a shot in the arm from guys like AQM, Gilbert, Renfrow, Kamalu, etc...

Their defense is still good, but they lost more than they want to let on from that defense they had last season. Them getting back Dante Fowler is a big deal--which helps that D-Line, but their LB corps will only be solid--especially if Antonio Morrison is out. Their secondary is good, but our major strength offensively is our deep WR corps. I'll take our guys over theirs when it comes to that.

I think a major key that I haven't seen talked about is time of possession--especially in the first half. If we're held to short drives, even if we score, that's not going to help our defense. We need to make the most of all of our Offensive possessions, and control the clock--this is where the maturity of guys like Morris/Dorsett/Hurns will help us out. Let's say in our first 3 possessions we can go up by 14-17, maybe hold their offense to some short drives. That will put UF's offense off their gameplan of sticking to the run, and then we can let our big dogs loose on both sides of the ball...easier reads for our D, and then we can go for the quick-hitters on offense to make UF's hole even deeper.

Advertisement
Right now, a converted safety, and two walk-ons are behind Brown. Read an article that Muschamp doesn't trust Taylor or the other freshman (Lane?), fumbling problems, and blocking assignments. Could all just be BS, and a motivational ploy, so TIFWIW

Jones will play... when you are sick like that the weight you lose isn't good amount of it is water weight.. in the pros, losing that much weight will sideline you regardless, its college he will play.

He may not be that productive or he may play through it.. plenty of athletes played and did very well when they were sick.

If we want help because of UF injuries etc the only way is Driskell, he will not be taking a hit until the first game and the hope is they show up thinking nobody is going to be in the stands and it catches them off guard.

don't ever underestimate you opponent. UF is not a bs team, they have playmakers.. they have had enough issues off season for it to effect their game.

I said it many times.. this game will be won / lost by the coaches. an average team can beat a top talented team if they get out coached. Miami may come in saying we will pressure Driskell and stop them on O, and Driskell comes out firing .. we don't make that adjustment we are done.

If UF comes out saying we are going to hammer the ball until that low ranked D gives up and Miami D improved as we all think they did and gets bunch of stops UF is toast. Both teams can win and both teams can lose this game

Let me guess - whichever team scores the most will win?

Updated (TODAY)

Now, since this year began, the following has happened:

Andre Debose (WR) out with an ACL Tear
Matt Rolin (LB) out with an ACL Tear
Jon Halapio (OG)
Matt Jones (RB)

"The Gators running game will be without two of its key players for next week's season opener against Toledo - and likely until the SEC opener Sept. 21 against Tennessee."

"Muschamp said Halapio will definitely miss the Toledo and Miami games but could return for the Tennessee game."

"In other injury news, Muschamp said defensive tackle Damien Jacobs (knee), fullback Hunter Joyer (hamstring) and defensive back Vernon Hargreaves III (shoulder) are expected back on Monday."

Advertisement
Right now, a converted safety, and two walk-ons are behind Brown. Read an article that Muschamp doesn't trust Taylor or the other freshman (Lane?), fumbling problems, and blocking assignments. Could all just be BS, and a motivational ploy, so TIFWIW

"Muschamp said earlier this week that redshirt junior running back Mack Brown, who has 40 career carries, will be the Gators' top back. Redshirt sophomore Valdez Showers, who was moved from safety last week, and sophomore Mark Herndon, who was awarded a scholarship on Tuesday, will be the top backups."

Herndon was a walk on until recently.

Let me guess - whichever team scores the most will win?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. In a rivalry game anything can happen.

They lack WRs and RBs. They have a starting QB (recent surgery) who has been known to throw a terrible ball, not that he has anyone to throw it to either, but has some legs. They just lost another OL for the game.

If we can score 3 TDs you have to feel good about our chances.

Great analysis DBC.

Advertisement
Back