Dont blame Baxa

And we are 2-0 and ranked in the top 10
Now that's really funny. We lost to Florida who isn't a top ten team and just got an *** whipping from an unranked team. And you think we are 2 plays away from top ten status?. Really. Name one team in the top 20 that we would be favored over

Advertisement
Who could have ever seen promoting Patke to an already **** poor ST backfiring?!?

Absolute shocker

Exactly. He should’ve been loosening up his leg, and focusing on his job. Instead he’s watching the game probably hoping it doesn’t come down to him

Before the last kick, he was just standing on the sidelines. He wasn't trying to practice kick or get his rythum right.

Then they put him on the field, and hes a deer in front of the headlights.

Until special teams is made a priority by Diaz, it’s going to be a problem.

I’m not sure why Diaz doesn’t coach it himself. Teams with phenomenal STs often have head coaches doing it themselves. Make it a badge of honor to be on STs- block a kick or punt, return one back, stop a fake punt.

Baxa isn’t very good. There is coaching for kickers. Kid needs help. These misses are costing us games. 19 points in 2 games. 10 in game 1, and 9 yesterday- 2 missed FGs, 1 XP, and 2 on the 2-point conversion that Jarren should have ran in himself.

It’s a massive problem and absolutely killing a young team looking to find its stride.

Advertisement
I would scour every division in football from Juco to Ivy League, divisions 1-3 and find their best kicker and sign him. This **** has got to stop!!!
Do tell. Please enlighten everyone with your kicker knowledge and availability of same. We're waiting for your great recommendation.

I don't. He needs coaching. There are lots of things coaches can do to help kickers improve technique. Unfortunately Diaz gave a very important job to a very unqualified person. Its basically like getting mad at a pitcher who throws 95 mph for being erratic when he's never worked with a pitching coach. Yes some players are naturally talented and have perfect technique. Most young players need help. He doesn't have anyone qualified helping him.

Do tell. Please enlighten everyone with your kicker knowledge and availability of same. We're waiting for your great recommendation.
You read my post jackass. We lost both games because of the kicker. You wanna discuss facts or you wanna argue with your emotions?

Baxa’s technique is inconsistent. Watch the misses and compare to those he makes.

Coaching counts. If we had a dedicated ST coach this would be corrected.

No different than any other position.

Advertisement
My daughter advised me that he made 4 out of 10 as a High School senior. Somehow she knows not to trot out the fat kid, but Manolo can’t figure it out.

serious question, when was the last time a major program had a kicker miss two 30 yard(or under) FGs in back to back weeks?

I mean, everyone misses, and I dont expect everyone to be Morten Anderson, but you expect those kicks from that distance to be almost automatic...

My daughter advised me that he made 4 out of 10 as a High School senior. Somehow she knows not to trot out the fat kid, but Manolo can’t figure it out.

Man, that was harsh; did she call him today? Got some footage from outside his dorm:

baxa.gif

Advertisement
"It's not your fault it's my fault... for putting you in the game" - Spurrier

It's not bubba's fault it's the coaches fault. Yes if the field goal units was competent we would be 2-0. Also worth considering is 4th and 17. If JT would catch the ball in crunch time then we'd be 2-0. if the defense could tackle in game one instead of just trying to hit people hard we would at least be 1-1. Breven played well in both games but also had crucial drops. With so many people to blame and just one of those many people doing their job means a win points to the coaches.

serious question, when was the last time a major program had a kicker miss two 30 yard(or under) FGs in back to back weeks?

I mean, everyone misses, and I dont expect everyone to be Morten Anderson, but you expect those kicks from that distance to be almost automatic...

Viking fans still blame Morten Anderson for their loss to Atlanta in the NFC Championship Game.

:crying-2:

Advertisement
I think you mean Gary, but point taken

Oh yeah, wrong Anderson.

Talk about bad timing....

At a critical moment late in the game, Anderson missed a field goal for the first time that year, which, if converted, would have given the Vikings a nearly insurmountable 10-point lead. Instead, the Falcons scored a touchdown to tie the game on their ensuing drive and subsequently won by a field goal in overtime. Due to its impact on the game's outcome, Anderson's missed field goal has since become the focal point of the loss.

He kicked the ground before the ball on the short miss...that’s 75 lb optimist crap. He wasn’t even close on the 40 something yarder at the end...the camera had to pan left to keep it in the frame...great camera work by the way.

We blame J.Harris for his play.We blame Kayaa for his play. We blame Rosier for his play. I blame Bubba for being a scholarship kicker and missing 2 chip shots. I blame Diaz for not having a coach that understand special teams but I blame kickers for missing field goals.

Advertisement
Back