D'Onofrio's Replacement

Al neeeds to find a DCthat is looking to get back in the game or a young upend comer B.Davis,E.Orgeron & J.Leavitt all would be great choices.
Also surround yourself with some experience as well. he could find an up comer as mentioned but inexperience of this staff really is showing where is veteran leadership on staff A.Keough come on man. Need to alt Defensive turnover + keough sent to fund raising position.
Blake has to come off the hip for salaries for competent staff as well. Tall order but last 10+ years have really been a succession
of poor hires AD's and coaches so I am notarially hopeful. Change at Presidency might help.Look at Baylor hire the right man who knows how important Athletics are to school and maybe we see a change...... maybe

Advertisement
Al wants the buyout and freedom to go where he wants. I truly think after the Pedo St fiasco he wants out of Miami.

No way he fires Dorito.

Advertisement
Dorito is the only thing holding El Foldo back from killing it here. El Foldo is a victim of loyalty.

P.S. LULZ at this story from Pete that Folden can save himself by scapegoating Dorito becoming factual. You guys are some gullible fish.

Al wants the buyout and freedom to go where he wants. I truly think after the Pedo St fiasco he wants out of Miami.

No way he fires Dorito.

True. He's ready to cash that buyout check and work his way up the ESPN 3 color commentator ladder.

Advertisement
None of that equates to being a great DC. DL coach, but now DC. Doritos is not the problem. He is simply running the brand and style of defense that Golden PREFERS.

Honestly, Golden should have left the previous defensive staff and scheme in place. Golden inherited a Defense that was giving up 317 yards per game with a Horrible offense....he ruined it. Golden and his NutSwingers can make all the excuses they want, but there was plenty of talent to play solid Defense.

No but Ole' Miss thought enough of him to make him the Head Coach, last year he steps in as Interim Head Coach and leads USC to 6-2 record going to 2-1 against Top 25 opponents... He's won 2 National Championships here at Miami under Dennis Ericksson, an amazing recruiter and most importantly he brings a toughness missing with this team...

http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ed_orgeron_567326.html

Ed Orgeron

Why?

He has never been a successful Defensive Coordinator.

Question that we should be asking is if golden is going to completely change the defensive scheme and give the full power to the new DC, the hire will be interesting, well thats if golden survives the season

Manny Diaz did some good things at Texas. Bring the Miami boy home! I think he once held BYU to like 600 yds....rushing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Al would never hire Muschamp and Muschamp would never take the job. Muschamp made his recruiting classes by slandering us so **** him.

Schiano is not taking a coordinator job. Al gets praised for winning 9 games in the mac but Schiano turned Rutgers into a minor power in the big east and his last job was an NFL HC no way in **** he ever works for Al.

If the university won't hire butch, they won't hire Leavitt as a DC.

If we hire Al Grohl, I will smash every tv I own and renounce all sports.

No DC worth a **** wants a job for a dead man walking. Assuming Al doesn't get fired, which is contrary to both logic and sound management, Al will be lucky to hire an up an coming talent who is willing to gamble on Al not getting **** canned next year.

You think Coley made recruiting strides as F$U by sweet talking UM?

As to the Muschamp idea tho, I totally agree, nope.

UM

Should Al fire his PSU buddy, he needs to bring in a guy who has deep experience in 4-3 attack defense formation. This formation has brought in last four of our five NCAA championship to Miami.

There is literally zero point to this thread, because Al will not fire Dorito, even to save his own job. Take that to the bank. Even if he did, this is his defense. So if you really want to play this game, find out the DCs that run this passive, bull-crap, 2gap 3-4 or whatever the **** it is.

I have no doubt he would try to get Al Groh.

Exactly. The only way that firing D'Onofrio will do anything for us is if D'Onofrio replaces Al Golden as head coach.

Advertisement
If Golden has to let his boy go, he will hire a puppet type replacement so he can continue to push his magical defense with exotic blitzes.

No way he fires Dorito.

I think AG wanted out a while ago. I don't think he likes SFla recruitiing, style of play or some of the shady **** that goes on. However, even if he didn't have any of the BS to deal with, he'd still be a horrible football coach.

Nope.

Golden doesn't get to play the fire coordinators card. He had it in his hand and didn't throw it on the table.

That window is gone. Not our fault he was too stupid to use it. End this thread. Pack it up, everyone. Thread is over.

I honestly dont get why people like Golden soo much, I do get he is a conman and some people fall for that, but he has been outed time and again.

ITS. HIS. DEFENSE.

The guy has never won anything, no conference champs or anything, never done anything of note, talks in circles to confuse, and his specialty which is defense has sucked here.

He also picked his friendship over the University when at any other school you would be fired for having back to back historically bad defenses. He protected him and the guy himself is not qualified for the job. No credentials to be at a school like UM other than being boys with Al. (I know we have had some who actually supported this and think its a plus, that is how cult like some are for Al.)

It actually disgust me that he did that and he continues to have a terrible defense that cant even stop decent one dimensional teams. GET HIM OUT OF MY FACE

image.jpg

Advertisement
Back