Donofrio quote

55 days worked by Al without a day off for nothing to change. Proves again that he is all talk with no substance. Going 6-7 won't even force him to change anything with the way he runs his operation and yet again exposes that there literally is no pressure from the administration whatsoever.

"hope for a third down stop" tells us all we need to know. any great team creates third down stops and doesn't hope for them. good god

Advertisement
Oh well, the players got me all optimistic and the 2 clown coaches ended that fast. Jeesh. All I want for Christmas is Butch Davis. I've been good this year Claus, so hook me up...

Go Canes!

Anyone being optimistic is plainly a dumb fug.

common sense tells us that no one should expect any improvement or a different brand of football from these fuggin amateur coaches.

Common sense aint common.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;0-cpL--0AQA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-cpL--0AQA[/video]

Where are the Gorlden nut huggers in this thread?

You'll psussies are cowardly macaroons.

What makes one a Gorlden nut hugger? How about a player who commits to play for him for 4 years when he could have gone elsewhere?

Advertisement
Look , I think the people who think Golden is going to turn it around are misguided and driven mostly by optimism, but we have to remember we are all canes fans here. One day golden will be gone and we will all still be here. We need to get some more unity.

[video=youtube_share;hYEbgipN0g4]http://youtu.be/hYEbgipN0g4[/video]

Hard to believe we actually used to beat Virginia. Al is 1-3 against them. Mike London has more than 1 career win versus three teams : Richmond, VMI, and MIAMI.

Advertisement
I can only speak for myself at this point. I had washed my hands of the whole pyrite- dorito shell scheme after flying across the country and sitting in a driving rain storm against Va Tech in Son Life in 2013. UM was so much more talented than that Va Tech team yet the coaches refused to let the defense attack the line of scrimmage. They fooled me once. Shame on them.

After walking away for the 2014 season and being disgusted at the loss @ Nebraska, where UM was CLEARLY the more talented team yet pyrite and dorito refused to let the defense stack the box and key on Amir Abdullah, I bought back in when they changed the defense for two games prior to FSU. So I once again flew across the country to see UM on the verge of winning the FSU game in 2014, only to have the coaches *****out in the second half. Of course the next week they went completely back to the shell scheme. They fooled me twice. SHAME ON ME.

At this point, all I can say is...

[video=youtube;Rp6-wG5LLqE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6-wG5LLqE[/video]

Man, why did I have to read this.
All my thoughts and whatever positive feel I have are based on me believing this defense is going to be much better this year. Forget about D (yardage) rankings and the insignificant stats that don't equate to wins, we need to shut teams down. Period.
If it's status quo on D, my optimistic 9 wins turns into an ugly 5, 6 wins real fast.

All my thoughts and whatever positive feel I have are based on me believing this defense is going to be much better this year. Forget about D (yardage) rankings and the insignificant stats that don't equate to wins, we need to shut teams down. Period.
If it's status quo on D, my optimistic 9 wins turns into an ugly 5, 6 wins real fast.
9 wins? 4 wins bro. That is exactly what's going to happen. Golden will never fool me again. Wash my hands of that imposter seasons ago. Better days are ahead. Once Golden leaves

Advertisement
I had my hopes up until DMoney said they ran both 1 & 2 gap at the scrimmage. I knew what time it was after that. Between playing & coaching I've never know a head coach who was open to listening to others ideas. They're pretty much all the same. Some are just better than others & Al Golden you suck!

Every team has a 2 gap package, even muschamps aggressive defense runs 2 gapping plays, so im not saying BS or not until i see on the field

:beedog2:

:beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2::beedog2:

As I said in the annual "The Defense is Changing to a 4-3 1-Gap, Guys!" thread, nothing will change. We hear this every off season by a group of hopeful fans that apparently have the recall of a goldfish. The world's worst tag team duo of Gluten and Dortio are nothing more than two hollow-headed blowhards from Jersey. These two stumps lack the ability to evaluate the issue and adapt. In their world, because this worked really well 11 years ago, they have to keep it. It's not that this defense sucks, it's just that they've had to suffer with over a decade of guys "freelancing" and not playing their assignments.

This is why you have to laugh at Phil Steele picking Miami as a breakout team following his TCU prediction last season. TCU's dominance was fueled by Patterson's overhaul of his offensive system and hiring of two offensive coordinators specializing in something he's never once in his career run. Down in Miami, it's status quo on both offense and defense. Milk the clock when you have the ball, and when you're on defense, sit back, hunker down, fear the big play, and pray the offense fvcks up on their own. Basically, the antithesis of Miami Hurricanes football.

So this is not surprising. Al Golden is too dumb to realize what he does is not working and believes it's everyone else's fault, not his perfect system. Because he lacks the self-awareness to evaluate and adapt, he will go down in flames this season. After he's fired, you'll find him sitting underneath a running shower, fully clothed, mumbling to himself "it worked in 2004, it worked in 2004."

I can only speak for myself at this point. I had washed my hands of the whole pyrite- dorito shell scheme after flying across the country and sitting in a driving rain storm against Va Tech in Son Life in 2013. UM was so much more talented than that Va Tech team yet the coaches refused to let the defense attack the line of scrimmage. They fooled me once. Shame on them.

After walking away for the 2014 season and being disgusted at the loss @ Nebraska, where UM was CLEARLY the more talented team yet pyrite and dorito refused to let the defense stack the box and key on Amir Abdullah, I bought back in when they changed the defense for two games prior to FSU. So I once again flew across the country to see UM on the verge of winning the FSU game in 2014, only to have the coaches *****out in the second half. Of course the next week they went completely back to the shell scheme. They fooled me twice. SHAME ON ME.

At this point, all I can say is...

[video=youtube;Rp6-wG5LLqE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6-wG5LLqE[/video]

I was finally ruined by last year's GT game, watching them passively play D for 4 quarters was it for me. I will no longer spend any money to go see this team play until Fat Al and his incompetent sidekick are gone.

Advertisement
Back