Donofrio quote

Torocane

Senior
"“We stayed true to that going into our third year. It has allowed us to focus on guys that do things really well for us and put them in position to do that. In Virginia, we were ranked in the top 10 and had numerous pros” with this approach."

Why does this dude bring up what they did at Virginia and Temple as if UM as never had results way better than that.

Advertisement
"“We stayed true to that going into our third year. It has allowed us to focus on guys that do things really well for us and put them in position to do that. In Virginia, we were ranked in the top 10 and had numerous pros” with this approach."

Why does this dude bring up what they did at Virginia and Temple as if UM as never had results way better than that.

because that is all they know ...

Please spell his name correctly. It's Dorito.

Also these guys aren't changing a thing. They are sticking to their ****** defense and if that means going down with the ship them so be it. Smartest guys in the room don't just change their defense especially when they can say I t was ranked top 15 (lol) just a year ago.

Last edited:
"top 10 and numerous pros with that approach"

I think UM has had more than a "few top 10 and numerous pros with UM's approach"

Advertisement
“We started in 2013 to build a hybrid defense to set you up so you’re not pigeonholed with personnel and you can recruit anyone to this scheme and make it fit the options that you have,” DORITO said last week.

Is that why ALL of the kids required to field at least a decent team said ***** UR $HITTY SKEEM

From the same article:

“We always had the option to rush the quarterback but never took full advantage of it,” Kamalu said last week. “The emphasis now is getting up-field more. We love it. It’s a more aggressive defense.”

I can't even comprehend what this means.

Then this:

Miami coaches don’t want safeties to line up too closely to the line of scrimmage so the cornerbacks aren’t left on an island and so UM isn't more vulnerable to being beaten over the top.

Also, coaches fear giving up a big play (running or passing) if eight or nine defenders are in the box and an offensive player breaks an initial tackle. If all the linebackers are crowding the line, that could leave an offensive player in the open field if he eludes the initial defender.

Also, UM’s philosophy is not to give up the big play or get beaten over the top but instead hope for a third-down stop at some point, or that an opposing offense self-destructs eventually.

Coaching scared.

Sports Buzz | Miami Herald & MiamiHerald.com

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks these ******** are going to suddenly unleash AQM/Jackson/Owens/McCord off the edge or put Burns in press-man with any type of regularity has their head up their ***.

Golden isn't going to change his Top 15 defense. He basically confirmed that in his ridiculous, cackle-inducing letter to the team that leaked in January. Remember this?

A year ago at this time TCU was 4 & 8 and did not have the benefit of participating in a bowl game. This year, #6 TCU faced #9 Ole Miss in the Peach Bowl! Those same TCU Horned Frogs. Same Weight Room, Same Playbook, Same Uniforms….Yet a Much DIFFERENT TEAM!

TCU didn't change anything...if you ignore that they completely overhauled their entire offense with new co-coordinators and a polar opposite approach to what they had being doing previously. We're ****** as long as Golden, D'Onofrio and co. are here. Nothing is changing.

Advertisement
From the same article:

“We always had the option to rush the quarterback but never took full advantage of it,” Kamalu said last week. “The emphasis now is getting up-field more. We love it. It’s a more aggressive defense.”

I read that and i was lie
From the same article:

I read that and i was like uploadfromtaptalk1439697352542.jpg

Portis: “With safeties 15 yards back, how are you going to make a play? And they had [linebacker] Denzel Perryman playing in no man’s land.”

tumblr_mks52aIk7h1s8vd6eo1_500.gif

From the same article:

I read that and i was lie
From the same article:

I read that and i was like View attachment 31275

[h=3]ob•fus•ca•tion[/h]
  • n.
    The act or process of obfuscating, or obscuring the perception of something; the concept of concealing the meaning of a communication by making it more confusing and harder to interpret.

And in an interview airing Sunday night, former Hurricanes All-American Bennie Blades told NBC-6’s Adam Kuperstein: “When it’s 3rd and 1 and these guys are still 15 yards deep, are you kidding me? I don’t care who you are, if you’re a 10-year-old kid, you say, ‘Man, what are you doing? We gotta get back to playing real Hurricanes football.”

They are sooooo clueless.....Bennie Blades is $hattin all over them

Advertisement
That's Dorito's way of telling everyone it's Folden's defense. Dorito never even coached the defense at UVA.

Here’s how Golden responded to Alzugaray questioning him: “Do you understand what’s going on here? I’ll help you here. As they run the option, he’s going to dive into the line of scrimmage. [The linebacker] is going to meet him, so he’s a free hitter. He has no other responsibility but to tackle the dive. On the snap, he’s roaring. But he needs action before he can roar; otherwise he’s roaring to nowhere.

“This guy [another UM defender] depending on which way he goes, is going to fill the D gap. [Another] will fill outside on the pitch. [Another] guy will lock down. It’s based on rotation…. You should watch all the teams that play them.

“We stopped them on 4th and 1 two years ago to win it using the same thing. [And] we’ve been 6-1 the last seven games against the option.”

0liah7N.jpg

Advertisement
He only had that success at UVA 1-2 years and that was bc there were a bunch of pros

Advertisement
Back