D'onofrio coaching clinic

Advertisement
641.gif

This man should be prohibited from giving any coaching clinics (incl pop Warner) until miami finds away to keep acc opponents under 600 yards a game

He actually speaks about matching in zone coverage and not just dropping to a landmark. This should end well...

LOL

Don't we already know how it ends. As the saying supposedly coined by Einstein goes, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

This man should be prohibited from giving any coaching clinics (incl pop Warner) until miami finds away to keep acc opponents under 600 yards a game

In the meantime, just like the players have to earn the orange and black practice jerseys, so too D'nuff should have to wear a brown wife-beater tank top that's two sizes too small, both in practice as well as on the sidelines during games, until his defense posts two back-to-back competent games against winning teams with good offenses.

D'nuff is Golden's anchor. Once he's finished here no one else is going to want to hire him unless there's verbiage in his contract disallowing him from hiring D'nuff for anything other than a practice water bottle jockey and disallowing him on the field on gamedays.

Advertisement

In the meantime, just like the players have to earn the orange and black practice jerseys, so too D'nuff should have to wear a brown wife-beater tank top that's two sizes too small, both in practice as well as on the sidelines during games, until his defense posts two back-to-back competent games against winning teams with good offenses.

D'nuff is Golden's anchor. Once he's finished here no one else is going to want to hire him unless there's verbiage in his contract disallowing him from hiring D'nuff for anything other than a practice water bottle jockey and disallowing him on the field on gamedays.

:ibisroflmao:

I'm not going to beat the guy to death anymore. Al kept him, so how can i be mad at D'onofrio. He and Golden will either get it right. Our the dudes will be leaving with each other.

Was hoping to open this thread and find they sent his *** to a coaching clinic

The positive at least is he did say he visited multiple staffs between signing day and spring practice in the beginning of first vid... Hope he went to see the wizard also I guess...

Advertisement
Much like Golden, when Dorito speaks he definitely knows what he is talking about.

They are a **** of a duo from Sunday through Friday I tell you that much.

D'onofrio sure as **** knows what he's talking about and does well teaching it. Cool vids.

Donofrios coaching clinic consists of:

Phase One: Cool Ranch or Nacho

Phase Two: Proper hand placement and opening of bag

Phase 3: UTOUGH "bulking" routine

Advertisement
He's very intelligent and his defensive schemes are legit. I think they are better suited for pro ball imho. The baby Canes he coaches are not on his football level mentally. I do think it could work here, with a ton of red shirts that have been in his systems for five years. The problem is you can't just grab a kid out of high school that is ready for this stuff. His other problem is, quite honestly, his system requires run stoppage and pressure without utilizing the LB'ers. We have been soft on the DL since his arrival and he hasn't adjusted affectively. We should be much better this year, mainly because his schemes when utilized properly with personal, leans heavily on the safeties. Hopefully if the secondary lives up to its billing and stays healthy, the LB'ers won't be exposed as often in coverage like last season. It's truly a think first D. The kids we have weren't ready mentally for this in their early time at Miami. I'm interested to see if both they and Coach D have learned from the last two seasons. Cautiously optimistic

Last edited:
Advertisement
Didn't watch the video but did he discuss the finer points of dropping your 250 pound Defensive Ends into the flats and asking them to cover 5-9 170 pound jitterbug slot receivers running a 5 yard out patterns and the subsequent yards after the catch as a result?

Just curious. I'm guessing he completely glossed over the section that talks about matching up personnel packages. This guy is a coach for the ages...you have to really try to come up with a defense that gives up almost 4000 yards over the last 8 games of a particular season.

He's very intelligent and his defensive schemes are legit. I think they are better suited for pro ball imho. The baby Canes he coaches are not on his football level mentally. I do think it could work here, with a ton of red shirts that have been in his systems for five years. The problem is you can't just grab a kid out of high school that is ready for this stuff. His other problem is, quite honestly, his system requires run stoppage and pressure without utilizing the LB'ers. We have been soft on the DL since his arrival and he hasn't adjusted affectively. We should be much better this year, mainly because his schemes when utilized properly with personal, leans heavily on the safeties. Hopefully if the secondary lives up to its billing and stays healthy, the LB'ers won't be exposed as often in coverage like last season. It's truly a think first D. The kids we have weren't ready mentally for this in their early time at Miami. I'm interested to see if both they and Coach D have learned from the last two seasons. Cautiously optimistic

I disagree with your fist sentence. He has shown not one iota of what you speak of since the BC game 3 years ago.

No intelligent adjustments, no intelligent game planning for teams, nothing intelligent at all.

He is just a carbon copy of his butt buddy.

All talk. No walk.

How intelligent of a coach is someone that produces the results on the field that he has?

I disagree with your fist sentence. He has shown not one iota of what you speak of since the BC game 3 years ago.

No intelligent adjustments, no intelligent game planning for teams, nothing intelligent at all.

He is just a carbon copy of his butt buddy.

All talk. No walk.

How intelligent of a coach is someone that produces the results on the field that he has?
read it again please.
his level of intelligence and his ability to use that effectively are two different things.
Hopefully, with better personnel and that said personnel having three years to learn his D, it will begging to play the way its schemed.

Last edited:
D'onofrio sure as **** knows what he's talking about and does well teaching it. Cool vids.

I have mentioned it before, MOST coaches will sound like they know what they are talking about when on a board or just talking scheme, they are in their element. It comes natural to them. Even the worst coaches can break down what they and even other are doing, even just watching a game on a live tv broadcast. Never be impressed with that, a good coach can take what he knows and break it down and get the kids to maximize their talents.

This is where the fork in the road comes as far as great, good, and other. You look at a guy like Malzahn and he came in a spread passing guru, then years later gets to the BCS game with a cornerback playing QB for him, Great coach. At the end of the day can you take what you know and take your talent and get them to execute to their maximum ability? This is the problem Golden/Donofrio's mentor had at GT, Al Groh was thought of as genius, but couldnt get the kids to take it and apply, same kids a year later were top 30 in another scheme. We will see what happens here.

Advertisement
Back