D'Onofiro Haters

Duval904

Thunderdome
get yo funky asses in here and splain to me why the defense has improved the last few weeks

Advertisement
but but but...USF has a bad offense and and and Duke isn't that good....and and and FSU can't run the ball anyway

Advertisement
These coaches are proven. Golden and his staff. This **** is not going to happening one season, it is tough to accept, but it is the truth. I believe I know our schedule has not shown it, but he have had a chance to win every game this year. When is the last time you could say that. Next year will be the year that we turn some of the close games into win and turn into a good team.

He's playing smoke and mirrors with Spence, a true freshman, and a bunch of JAGS.

I think he's done a GREAT job. We could be getting smoked every week with what we have. I don't care what you have, if you have no DT's AND no CB's you are ****ed, and we have neither.

Can't wait to see what he does when we actually have any sort of semblance of a pass rush or even one CB we can trust.

The defense has been a work in progress. I think Coach D has done pretty good considering.... As we get his type of players I think we can be scary good.

Advertisement
Actually, I think a lot of the defensive success can be attributed to the type of coverage we've been playing in the secondary recently. At the start of the season we were playing a ton of cover three where the corners were playing off receivers, and teams were ripping us using perimeter screen plays. As the season progressed, coach D has made adjustments in the type of alignments as pertains to coverages. We've seen the corners rolled up tight a lot more, even if they bail out prior to the snap. If nothing else, it has allowed teams to adjust their presnap reads.

In addition to secondary coverages, I think you will find that we're getting better penetration from the front seven in general. Tackling has also improved.

Three guys on defense worth a **** right now...

Sean Spence
Anthony Chickillo
Denzel Perryman

We've had some players fade in and out...Darius Smith has come on a little bit, Curtis Porter played fine today...but for the most part, the D is full of scrubs.

Sean Spence
Anthony Chickillo
Denzel Perryman

We've had some players fade in and out...Darius Smith has come on a little bit, Curtis Porter played fine today...but for the most part, the D is full of scrubs.

THIS.

Been saying this all year. Coach D has been trying to make chicken salad out of chicken **** all year.

The UMd game would have been a win if not for all the suspensions.

After that, he had his best pass rusher gone for half the season. Then loses Forston, L. Robinson, and Porter (until today) at DT. Then loses Buchanan, our second most exprienced LB. He has to start a Wake Forrest BENCH WARMER at CB.... a converted running back as nickel corner... a True Frosh at DE, and LB... and most of his depth is 1st and 2nd year guys.

Apart from Spence, Perryman and Chickillo, (both of whom are young and make mistakes), he's had NOTHING to work with this season. Jo Jo has done just enough, D. Smith has improved and shown a few flashes here and there, but is MORBIDLY out of shape, Ray Ray has been out half the season, and it has really screwed his development.... VT has been barely average for a Safety...

This is the worst Defense I can remember us fielding in decades.

Sean Spence
Anthony Chickillo
Denzel Perryman

THIZZLE

Advertisement
This is BS, I feel that the type of coverage at the beginning of the season had to do with many teams having success so I do attribute to the play calling. Now we may not have all american type players, but i'll be darn if we don't have adequate players. Coach D has adjusted to it and I commend him for doing agreat job with adjustments....Now tell me if we had such awful players, how in the **** has the D gotten so much better if we didn't have adequate players...typical responses....when things go well coaches get all the praise but when things don't go well its on the players......the truth always lies in the middle...now I'm excited to see another year of development from the players and from being in the system...

Advertisement
D's been much improved. I believe part of it is the players adjusting and stepping up, as well as D'onofrio and staff being flexible and willing to change a bit.

In fact, one of the things I like the most so far from Golden is the lack of stubbornness. I see a staff that is willing to change, and give players a chance. When you see a guy like Byrd get some action, more from Dorset, perryman, Cain, etc as year goes on...it gives the impression of a team culture where the guys who continue to work are given chances. Clearly starters and contributors are not written in stone, and it appears as though players are constantly being evaluated as the season wears on.

This is a far cry from the previous regime....and it is a culture that will breed workers and winners in the future.

This is BS, I feel that the type of coverage at the beginning of the season had to do with many teams having success so I do attribute to the play calling. Now we may not have all american type players, but i'll be darn if we don't have adequate players. Coach D has adjusted to it and I commend him for doing agreat job with adjustments....Now tell me if we had such awful players, how in the **** has the D gotten so much better if we didn't have adequate players...typical responses....when things go well coaches get all the praise but when things don't go well its on the players......the truth always lies in the middle...now I'm excited to see another year of development from the players and from being in the system...
this

when you only have ONE ******* PLAYER, that is not a FRESHMENS that is worth a ****; see how your defense will look.

Advertisement
Back