D'Onofiro Haters

Advertisement
UVA's offense raped us. Duke put up huge yardage numbers. FSU is vastly overrated on offense(see their 13 point effort yesterday), USF is as horrid a one dimensional offense as immaginable(they put up 10 points against Connecticut, 17 against Buttgers & Pittsburgh and that performance in the Notre Dame game made my eyes bleed and included a defensive score).

I am not impressed yet.

We have crap at the corner position but the rest is more than servicable. There's no reason for Bethune Cookman to put up 400 yards on us.

We still rarely force a turnover or get an interception.

Mark No D' ofrio's defense is the reason this team has 5 losses.

Still not sold on Ohnofrio for a variety of reasons and LMAO at these people using DT's and other BS as an excuse. Like someone mentioned FSU in one demensional, USF is 5-6 and had to play a walk on QB for most of the second half. LMAO crown coach D

meanwhile Boston College is beating maryland with a bunch of guys who were in HS last year and those kids wouldn't sniff the feild here.

Let's cry abou the suspeneded players. (suspeneded players come back defense still sucks)...well the players suck. The funny part is a mlb covering a rb on the dge in space isn't a player or talent issue. A cb playing 10-15 yards off the ball and bailing isn't an experince or talent issue. If you understoop coverages and what these guys are being asked to do then you'd get it. Notice the last few weeks Miami hasn't been playiing that type of coverage. Williams bailed at the snap o several occasions yeat....the davis wr from South Fl dropped a couple wide open quick hitches while Willams was out of the TV screen. They also had a couple wr screens that had the o-lin blocked they would have been huge gaines.

I think the secondary is doing a better job of not giving things away pre snap.. You see them constantly moving around going from a head up position and bailing and in some instances sitting at the snap at 7 and 1 or whatever.

This is BS, I feel that the type of coverage at the beginning of the season had to do with many teams having success so I do attribute to the play calling. Now we may not have all american type players, but i'll be darn if we don't have adequate players. Coach D has adjusted to it and I commend him for doing agreat job with adjustments....Now tell me if we had such awful players, how in the **** has the D gotten so much better if we didn't have adequate players...typical responses....when things go well coaches get all the praise but when things don't go well its on the players......

Basically You see this type of talk from folks who lack a true understanding. People blamed coaching last year but when you asked for a football example from a game it was crickits

Advertisement
We still giving up 11 yards per Wr screen Our run defense has gotten better I must say.. I still dont like the coverage we play. a descent Qb would torch us.. Vernon has made a big difference in our d line play... WE should have beat FSU I still dont trust this guy Donofrio..But ill giv ehim props Defense is looking nbetter

Our defense is what it is. We lack big time talent and play a scheme that trades yards and points for time. Playing a back-up walk on QB doesn't change that. Any QB that can hit the broadside of a barn can have a big day against us. We just have to ride it out till we get more talented on all levels.

Advertisement
UVA's offense raped us. Duke put up huge yardage numbers. FSU is vastly overrated on offense(see their 13 point effort yesterday), USF is as horrid a one dimensional offense as immaginable(they put up 10 points against Connecticut, 17 against Buttgers & Pittsburgh and that performance in the Notre Dame game made my eyes bleed and included a defensive score).

I am not impressed yet.

We have crap at the corner position but the rest is more than servicable. There's no reason for Bethune Cookman to put up 400 yards on us.

Just FWIW 2011 Canes:

Scoring Offense: 27.4 61st in the nation
Scoring Defense: 19.7 19th in the nation

Fisch is widely praised by our fans and D'Onfrio criticized by many (not by me). And I would say Fisch has much more talent on that side of the ball. Obviously stats don't tell the whole story but thought it was interesting.

Our defense is what it is. We lack big time talent and play a scheme that trades yards and points for time. Playing a back-up walk on QB doesn't change that. Any QB that can hit the broadside of a barn can have a big day against us. We just have to ride it out till we get more talented on all levels.

We don't need big time talent. Our defensive talent is more than adequete for the offenses we've faced. Talent is just an excuse a few guys n the net came up with and the rest followed.

Advertisement
Barring anything catastrophic, this will be our lowest scoring defense (and the last to allow less than 20ppg) since 2006. I'd say d'onofrio has done a remarkable job.

I am not impressed yet.

Just FWIW 2011 Canes:

Fisch is widely praised by our fans and D'Onfrio criticized by many (not by me). And I would say Fisch has much more talent on that side of the ball. Obviously stats don't tell the whole story but thought it was interesting.

What's even more interesting is most every team we've faced has a better defense than offense. Not to mention the one demosnional teams we've faced like FSU, GT, osu* and south fl with a walk on qb for an entire half.

Our offense doesn't go against each other. This comparison in invalid.

example....

osu*

total 0ff. 108
total defense 15

VT T.O. 36
TD 11

Last edited:

I am not impressed yet.

Just FWIW 2011 Canes:

What's even more interesting is most every team we've faced has a better defense than offense. Not to mention the one demosnional teams we've faced like FSU, GT, osu* and south fl with a walk on qb for an entire half.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Advertisement

We gave up nearly 300 yards rushing to FSU last year. They were pretty one-dimensional. GT is ALWAYS one-dimensional (308 yards rushing last year, but 10 points). OSU was much better last year, but USF is about the same (eveld played a lot in last year's game, too). Add in KState and I'd say the schedule was about the same in terms of prolific offenses, and we've done better with worse players (how many guys did we lose to the NFL?)

I am not impressed yet.

Just FWIW 2011 Canes:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

what?

Advertisement
Back