D'Onofiro Haters

UVA's offense raped us. Duke put up huge yardage numbers. FSU is vastly overrated on offense(see their 13 point effort yesterday), USF is as horrid a one dimensional offense as immaginable(they put up 10 points against Connecticut, 17 against Buttgers & Pittsburgh and that performance in the Notre Dame game made my eyes bleed and included a defensive score).

I am not impressed yet.

We have crap at the corner position but the rest is more than servicable. There's no reason for Bethune Cookman to put up 400 yards on us.

We still rarely force a turnover or get an interception.

Mark No D' ofrio's defense is the reason this team has 5 losses.

Just FWIW 2011 Canes:

Scoring Offense: 27.4 61st in the nation
Scoring Defense: 19.7 19th in the nation

Fisch is widely praised by our fans and D'Onfrio criticized by many (not by me). And I would say Fisch has much more talent on that side of the ball. Obviously stats don't tell the whole story but thought it was interesting.

That's putting it lightly. We don't score too often because we our offense isn't on the field enough, save for the last 2 games. Other than rushing, we're much more efficient on offense this year than last. Yards per play are up, passing efficiency is way up, redzone efficiency is up, turnovers are way down. Granted, there were a few things I haven't liked about Fisch's playcalling, especially this past game, but overall he's been a big improvement over Whipple. We may very well have won the Coastal if our defense could have played better earlier in the season, the way it's playing now.

Advertisement
clearly this d will be better once more talent gets on this roster. to say otherwise would just mean you got something personal agains D'Onofrio

are u serious??? what miami team are you watching... we just let boston college control the clock for almost 20**** mins...

Advertisement
Well when you give up 10 minute scoring drives of course ppg will look good we suck dude

Nites-

Why are you frustrated that the defense is playing well lately?

B/c i'm seeing some of the same stupid stuff that will cost us against good teams.

Same stupid stuff? That same stupid stuff is coming from the same players, and players actually worse than last years players. You can't squeeze blood from a turnip. Be patient. Wait and see if the seeds Golden is planting are going to produce. I know that this is hard, after the past 8 years we have been through. So I don't blame you if you can't. But I believe in what he is doing. I believe in this []_[] I put my heart in this **** dawg.

Man I love when these old threads get bumped and I'm not here in them looking like a fool.

Advertisement
D's been much improved. I believe part of it is the players adjusting and stepping up, as well as D'onofrio and staff being flexible and willing to change a bit.

In fact, one of the things I like the most so far from Golden is the lack of stubbornness. I see a staff that is willing to change, and give players a chance. When you see a guy like Byrd get some action, more from Dorset, perryman, Cain, etc as year goes on...it gives the impression of a team culture where the guys who continue to work are given chances. Clearly starters and contributors are not written in stone, and it appears as though players are constantly being evaluated as the season wears on.

This is a far cry from the previous regime....and it is a culture that will breed workers and winners in the future.

Fail.

D's been much improved. I believe part of it is the players adjusting and stepping up, as well as D'onofrio and staff being flexible and willing to change a bit.

In fact, one of the things I like the most so far from Golden is the lack of stubbornness. I see a staff that is willing to change, and give players a chance. When you see a guy like Byrd get some action, more from Dorset, perryman, Cain, etc as year goes on...it gives the impression of a team culture where the guys who continue to work are given chances. Clearly starters and contributors are not written in stone, and it appears as though players are constantly being evaluated as the season wears on.

This is a far cry from the previous regime....and it is a culture that will breed workers and winners in the future.

Fail.

He said the staff was flexible and willing to change :stephenahand:

Advertisement
***** this was 3 years ago, I can literally find a thread of EVERYONE saying the same **** in year 1

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back