Donna Shalala

We could have hired Gary Patterson in '06 but she instead decided to hire Randy Shannon as some sort of social experiment.

**** her...

We could have hired a still-in-his-prime Butch Davis (!) instead of Shannon. I think if Bill Belichick was willing to coach the team for free, she still would have picked RS.

Advertisement
This hire would never had happened under Shalala. ****, Golden would still be here after the Clemson loss. Frenk has proven to be a good president in terms of coaching hires.

she was your typical cheap *** liberal who thought you can thrive with ACC profit sharing, guess what troll college athletics is capitalism at its finest,

Why do some people find a way to bring their irrational, moronic political and religious views into everything? Donna was terrible, yes, but last time I checked Frenk was liberal too? No?

How can you not bring politics into a discussion on Shalala? Everything with her was political. SHE brought it into everything she did at Miami. We didn't ask for it.

Can't ignore her political affiliation and liberal lunacy - and that's her fault.

she was your typical cheap *** liberal who thought you can thrive with ACC profit sharing, guess what troll college athletics is capitalism at its finest,

Why do some people find a way to bring their irrational, moronic political and religious views into everything? Donna was terrible, yes, but last time I checked Frenk was liberal too? No?

Absolutely a bed wetter, just smart enough to know he didn't want to start his time at UM with fans coming at him in mobs like Meatchicken b4 Harbaugh.

He gets an A+ from me for shutting his pie hole and recognizing the importance of the football program...maybe most of all...doing nothing and leaving it up to others that have been under the troll's whip all these years.

UM

Advertisement
At best she was a financial ignoramus when it comes to college athletics. At worst (and I'm much more inclined to go in that direction) all the criticisms in this thread don't go far enough. Even if Frenk is a liberal as almost all of his academic peers are then maybe his medical background preserved some of the prefrontal cortex and allows him to appreciate the true potential return on an acceptable level of investment in this program.

Advertisement

How can you not bring politics into a discussion on Shalala? Everything with her was political. SHE brought it into everything she did at Miami. We didn't ask for it.

Can't ignore her political affiliation and liberal lunacy - and that's her fault.

indeed.

she was the one who injected her own liberal agenda into everything Miami did. She was a SEASONED, true snake oil salesman of a politician...always selling us a load of **** regarding athletics when the situation was the opposite.

It was because of her Miami lost the Orange Bowl. and her fault we hired such awful coaches...because she unnecessarily had a hand in everything.

Advertisement

Yeah, no kidding. These same knuckle-draggers were the ones calling him a liberal, ***got, ******* (insert ur own bigoted slur here) not so long ago. And I thought liberals like to spend, spend, spend, with no regard for fiscal responsibility, unlike conservatives? They don't even know what their ideology is. It changes conveniently to suit their hateful, racist bile when needed.

Oh, and why exactly was hiring Randy Shanon a "social experiment"? (Psst, ... Don't bother answering. I know what you meant. Wink, wink). Why don't you go tell all of those black players on the team that their scholarships are social experiments? You'll get to experience some U-Health care firsthand.

Last edited:
I'm missing the connection between being liberal and hating the football program. I guess only conservatives like football? Or maybe only conservatives like football the right way or something?

Advertisement
We dont know how much adidas money is fueling the hiring but its likely the BOT and Frenk are more willing to spend on quality athletics.

Remember the thread a few months back showing Frenk making his impromptu visit to practice and the WTF surprised demeanor of Al in those photos? There was debate if there might be something to it, like Al might be on the carpet now or at least this was Frenk's way of letting him know the new boss was in town, and eyes were on Al now.

Well, Al's gone and Richt is here. Coincidence? I think not.....sort of. Oh, and Donna can die in a fiery car crash.

Advertisement
Back