Donna running for Congress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not an endorsement of her at all, but if she gets in the race, she probably wins. I'm a Democrat, but if that was my district, I would move.

Depends on the primary opponents(republican have no shot in that district). If they go hard after her for corruption her name recognition and Clinton connections could hurt. But then again, reputation for corruption is a plus for a democrat I guess. The other guys try to hide it.

I have been in either over 30 years and even then only for about 12. Started a dem, tried the rep for Ronald years then went no party since "read my lips". Being a social conservative and more fiscal liberal is not really ideal for either party. Republicans are just cheap liberals and the Democrats only want to spend money of things that help their power, not people.

regardless of politics - i am an independent that leans away from todays republican party - i want the seat to flip to the dems. illiana ross was way to concerned with cuba sanctions and other cuba related issues. time for a change.

Advertisement
AH, the Clinton touch.
The sheet holes narrow and constrict the vision atop the "poorly educated" IQ.
She has 1000x more name recognition and would garner national $$ backing, she would pretty much wipe the floor with any potential opponents. So it would make sense (to above room temp IQ types) that they wouldn't waste their time/money/effort.
But hey. she's an ex-Cane. Go Canes!!

As the destroyer of the program
That's your (typical) sheet holes view of her. She actually did very well as U Prez, raised lots of money for the school (a term you Dunning-Kruger deplorables would be unfamiliar with) exactly as she should have. The athletic directors going back to the Coker days made some awful decisions, but that seems to have been corrected (which has zero to do with Shalala).

My, my, we do love to call people names now don’t. Might I ask, how much did you donate to her funds? Where are your degrees from? Did you ever pay any tuition out of you own earnings? I’ll go first. My Doctorate is from The U. I paid every sent of my tuition with paychecks. Over the last 40 years, my donation total in the seven digits to the left of the decimal point - that is the little dot, just in case.

I say she is a smuck and a crook. You are entitled to your opinion, but her hospital acquisitions were ridiculously overpriced, so much so that they smell of huge under the table kickbacks. That is something she certainly sat at the feet of masters to learn. Oh, I do M&A for one of the 15 largest companies in the world but I am sure you know more about that too. By the way, one of her donors did cause us a little bit of trouble. Even Randy knew he was a crook.

Isn't this a Miami Hurricanes forum? Unless she's a recruit, a player, or a coach this is irrelevant here.

As the destroyer of the program, I just thought she would be of interest while we await signing day since Mark bank most of the class already. I think she is a teacher at Miami again. Her type just never go away.

Perhaps. Good point, but I'd prefer we put her in a dusty little box in the recess of our nightmares. :black-cloud:

I agree if she would just go away.

My Doctorate is from The U. I paid every sent of my tuition
Yeah it shows. Well I guess that makes me Batman then, while we fantasize.
Your hatred of Shalala is caused by your sheet hole vision. The end.

Advertisement
That's your (typical) sheet holes view of her. She actually did very well as U Prez, raised lots of money for the school (a term you Dunning-Kruger deplorables would be unfamiliar with) exactly as she should have. The athletic directors going back to the Coker days made some awful decisions, but that seems to have been corrected (which has zero to do with Shalala).

My, my, we do love to call people names now don’t. Might I ask, how much did you donate to her funds? Where are your degrees from? Did you ever pay any tuition out of you own earnings? I’ll go first. My Doctorate is from The U. I paid every sent of my tuition with paychecks. Over the last 40 years, my donation total in the seven digits to the left of the decimal point - that is the little dot, just in case.

I say she is a smuck and a crook. You are entitled to your opinion, but her hospital acquisitions were ridiculously overpriced, so much so that they smell of huge under the table kickbacks. That is something she certainly sat at the feet of masters to learn. Oh, I do M&A for one of the 15 largest companies in the world but I am sure you know more about that too. By the way, one of her donors did cause us a little bit of trouble. Even Randy knew he was a crook.

She has infected everything she has touched with the stench of failure .... some people can't help but run things into the ground. Yep, for all the money she raised, she put the university in a hole with her health initiative acquisitions..
I thought she was appointed to manage the Clinton Global Initiative/Foundation .... that's down the tubes, not surprisingly

Last edited:
By the way, one of her donors did cause us a little bit of trouble. Even Randy knew he was a crook.
That little prick (who I know personally btw) donated to The U, not to "Donna Shalala". It wasn't her job to find his crimes or to manage the football program as U Prez. But the sheet holes create a bit of tunnel vision.

By the way, one of her donors did cause us a little bit of trouble. Even Randy knew he was a crook.
That little prick (who I know personally btw) donated to The U, not to "Donna Shalala". It wasn't her job to find his crimes or to manage the football program as U Prez. But the sheet holes create a bit of tunnel vision.

The problem with Donna was that she micro managed everything including the football program .... PC hiring of Randy is an example.. I knew a high level administrator who worked under her... she stuck her nose in everything incessantly

Advertisement

She has infected everything she has touched with the stench of failure .... some people can't help but run things into the ground. Yep, for all the money she raised, she put the university in a hole with her health initiative acquisitions..
I thought she was appointed to manage the Clinton Global Initiative/Foundation .... that's down the tubes, not surprisingly

Unless you are a rube, you learn after a few decades on this planet that there are NO ABSOLUTES. So while she may had done our sports programs wrong (jus ask Morris) she did raise the the U's academic ranking during her tenure (realize that may be like player stars ****, but you got to measure somehow). On the other hand the purchase of Cedars could turn out to be the biggest boondoggle in the U's history.

Luckily, we still have our academic standing and the Storm is arising again!

she's a crook.. badge of honor for the dems.. she'll win

Advertisement
I'd venture to say that this chili dog nerd, [MENTION=19071]Ammok[/MENTION], was once (or still is) employed as Donna's fluffer

Advertisement
I've regularly espoused my opinion of Donna around here but I think this one can fall outside of political leaning and preconceived opinions.

She turns 77 years old in a couple of weeks and has had health issues. She has about as much business running for anything as Joe Arpaio does in Arizona- an absolute clown whose advanced age was used as a sympathy justification for his pardon.

Back to Donna though, the sooner we get the godforsaken baby boomers (on both sides) out of entrenched power the better.

This is not an endorsement of her at all, but if she gets in the race, she probably wins. I'm a Democrat, but if that was my district, I would move.

Are you sure that you want to admit this? There is still time to move to independent status before the next election.

I hate talking politics except to say if we come together we could make our reps draw a balance between the rich, corps and the others 85% of us. That said I would not vote for Donna. She needs to retire.

Just curious...Doctorate in what?

Should just run in any shthole city with tons of crime, they all vote dems. She could win going away as long as she offers up no real solutions and calls them victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back