Donell Harris (New Thread)

There's no difference man, yall just mad at Harris right now before everything was great, neither has played a down yet. The point is both of them screwed us gtfoh
How did Stevenson ***** us? Was he a self proclaim, “Ambassador,” or, “All Miami?” You were saying........

Advertisement
I remember people questioning whether McIntosh was a take for UGA. Kirby Smart isn't turning down a kid like Harris.

Advertisement
No you missing my point.... I am not saying we only get the players that are washed out.

If a kid gets 100k to go to school once he enrolls then fine, but with the portal, what are the bag men going to do if kids decide to dip like a Chris Steele before every playing a down? break it down into 4 payments of 25k? One for each year you are in the school? what happens if the kid gets hurt, or just sucks, bag man still gonna swallow his pride and pay 25k to a senior that rode the bench for 3 years? More payments = more liability/exposure, missed payments=disgruntled individuals who start to talk.

To put it in a different context think of it this way, if my chick comes up to you at a mall, gets you to buy her new shoes, jewelry, etc. then takes you to a bar where you buy all her drinks and food, then takes you home and just as you think you bout to hit it, you get ran down on because my chick left the front door unlocked and texted me and my boys do you still consider that sloppy seconds?
I hope I am not hitting a sensitive topic for you, but I must let you know, if your girl moves in with a dude for a year, or even a month, then she ain’t your girl anymore, and even if she comes cryin back to you when she discovers he ain’t love her like she thought, and even if she brings some of the gifts home that he gave her, the bottom line is he’s been running her through a ***** machine for a while, and you are just gone have to adjust your mind to that.

Harris is UGA's. They are probably selling him on being the next Leonard Floyd or some sh*t. They'll likely get him and keep their MIAMI DADE door going.

Wiltfong just posted the following on UGA board:

I think UGA near the top alongside Aggies.

Please understand, the father's interview was a spin job. Plain and simple. Nothing in that interview was sincere or genuine. The man was just putting out the message in advance of him and his son taking an $es-sized bag. That's it. And since none of the coaches can publicly comment about his son's recruitment, there's no way to contradict his story.

Honestly, I am not sure why people still believed we had any shot at all after the decommit, reclassification, and dad's interview.
I'm just taking it at face value and his comment on recruiting is correct. We need to win and develop players to attract top recruits. He basically said they'd be in if Miami wins. IDK how many wins would be satisfactory to him and Jr. The staff doesn't appear to be waiting as we have multiple DE commitments and could score a big one in Chantz Williams on the 20th.

Lastly, you should not say the son took bag money unless you have proof.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm just taking it at face value and his comment on recruiting is correct. We need to win and develop players to attract top recruits. He basically said they'd be in if Miami wins. IDK how many wins would be satisfactory to him and Jr. The staff doesn't appear to be waiting as we have multiple DE commitments and could score a big one in Chantz Williams on the 20th.

Lastly, unless you have proof, you should not say the son took bag money. That is slander unless you have proof.

Only a fool takes the word of a man he doesn't know at face value. Develop some critical thinking skills. Following our Spring scrimmage, Donell said, "[O]verall the scrimmage was amazing. Can’t wait to get there and put that UM uniform on." As you are not a UM fan, you may not realize that no actual UM football games were played between April (when he said the above) and his decommitment two months later. So clearly there was no winning or player development that could have occurred in that timeframe. Yet, he went from being anxious to play for UM to his father suddenly needing to see wins and player development? Ok.

As for your crackerjack legal analysis, you should read carefully before you play internet lawyer. Nowhere did I type that Mr. Harris or his son "took" anything, much less money. And if my comment could be perceived as tortious (it isn't), it would be libel, not slander. Slander is spoken defamation, libel is published/written defamation.

If you are going to be a smart ***, the first requirement is that you be smart.

Harris is UGA's. They are probably selling him on being the next Leonard Floyd or some sh*t. They'll likely get him and keep their MIAMI DADE door going.
Except he isn’t the athlete that Floyd was....I do not see this kid as a 3/4 OLB! I do agree though, that if he gets and offer from UGAy that’s where he is going.

so if Donell Harris, goes and chases bags and comes back a year or 2 from now and wants to transfer to Mia, yall would be ok with taking him?
I would take Stevenson but not Harris. We have DE’s on our team better than Harris, we do not have DB’s better than Stevenson

There is very little upside in taking a kid back who spurned us to go away, and then didn’t succeed at the school he went to. And there is very little chance a kid who is succeeding at the school he goes to will choose to transfer and sit out.

Advertisement
There is very little upside in taking a kid back who spurned us to go away, and then didn’t succeed at the school he went to. And there is very little chance a kid who is succeeding at the school he goes to will choose to transfer and sit out.

Well duh to this entire post.

Wiltfong just posted the following on UGA board:

I think UGA near the top alongside Aggies.

I said the same thing last week (look below), but recruiting is so fluid that there's no telling how this will finish. Now, Texas A&M was first to drop a bag, and it was a heavy bag at that. So it has put them at or near the very top. Georgia is also showing love and they've got a real good chance. Family is building a house in Georgia and they've got family there already. Who knows. I'll say it til I'm blue in the face, I don't know anyone who would turn down $200k to go play college football. I know I wouldn't. Y'all trippin' if ya say otherwise.

I can appreciate the fact that they came out and cut us loose. None of that stringing along BS we see from some other local recruits.

I told y’all weeks ago $200k is hard to pass up. Don’t blame the kid at all. I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t take that kind of money to go to play ball in college. Looks like it’s going to come down to Georgia and Texas A&M.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There's no difference man, yall just mad at Harris right now before everything was great, neither has played a down yet. The point is both of them screwed us gtfoh

Neither screwed us. They don't owe Miami or our fan base squat. Tyrique was set to come to Miami. He had a good deal in place, but Georgia came in the last hour and upped the ante. There wasn't much Miami could do after that.

As for Harris, he got his $$$$ offers early and cut Miami loose early. No reason to begrudge the family/kid for that. Tough to turn down the money they're throwing at him.

As a Canes fan, I appreciate the fact that the Harris' cut us loose early so that we don't waste any time on something that they already know isn't going to happen. It's the local recruits/families who intentionally string us along til the very end that we should save our wrath for.

GO CANES!!!

I hope I am not hitting a sensitive topic for you, but I must let you know, if your girl moves in with a dude for a year, or even a month, then she ain’t your girl anymore, and even if she comes cryin back to you when she discovers he ain’t love her like she thought, and even if she brings some of the gifts home that he gave her, the bottom line is he’s been running her through a ***** machine for a while, and you are just gone have to adjust your mind to that.

Good thing we arent trying to marry these kids........

Advertisement
Back