Donell Harris (New Thread)

No message is being sent because they still will go to those schools regardless. Fck the hard feelings, get talent like i said

I agree, also the portal can be a potential game changer.... if these kids take a bag, enroll, get paid then after one year transfer back home? I know they are looking at changing the waiver requirements but "going home" always seems to get a pass so we get a kid with 3 years eligibility left? Bag is going to be a tougher sell if payment is coming after a few years....

I can see the argument for we don't want to be a back-up plan but if we are in on it, can you imagine how ****ed UGA, Bama, etc. would be if they come to So. Fla. get the top kids for them to only be gone a year then dip on the program? **** that could even impact how they recruit So. Fla. in the future as well, maybe not go as hard knowing they are going to have minimal impact as freshman and then leave.

Advertisement
I agree, also the portal can be a potential game changer.... if these kids take a bag, enroll, get paid then after one year transfer back home? I know they are looking at changing the waiver requirements but "going home" always seems to get a pass so we get a kid with 3 years eligibility left? Bag is going to be a tougher sell if payment is coming after a few years....

I can see the argument for we don't want to be a back-up plan but if we are in on it, can you imagine how ****ed UGA, Bama, etc. would be if they come to So. Fla. get the top kids for them to only be gone a year then dip on the program? **** that could even impact how they recruit So. Fla. in the future as well, maybe not go as hard knowing they are going to have minimal impact as freshman and then leave.

How many kids have actually went away and actually wanted to transfer back? I'm just saying you're opening a door for kids to have another reason to leave and IF it doesn't work out then they could always come back

I can't understand why it took so long for the staff to reach out to his parents. To me, winning over the parents is the 1st rule of recruiting. Richt knew that and excellwd with parents. This should be a layup for Manny & Co as he observed Richt for several years.

The father is correct about recruiting. Winning and development are the two biggest issues Miami must resolve.

Please understand, the father's interview was a spin job. Plain and simple. Nothing in that interview was sincere or genuine. The man was just putting out the message in advance of him and his son taking an $es-sized bag. That's it. And since none of the coaches can publicly comment about his son's recruitment, there's no way to contradict his story.

Honestly, I am not sure why people still believed we had any shot at all after the decommit, reclassification, and dad's interview.

Do any of these SEC schools legitimately want him?

If Bama did, he’d be committed by now. Same for UGA.

LSU seems full as they didn’t want Chantz.

Not sure on A&M and Auburn.

Advertisement
Do any of these SEC schools legitimately want him?

If Bama did, he’d be committed by now. Same for UGA.

LSU seems full as they didn’t want Chantz.

Not sure on A&M and Auburn.

I'm not sure. It's possible he and his father may have played themselves here. But I would be surprised if they pulled the decommit/reclassify card without first receiving "assurances" from a bag school.

Actually, surprised is probably the wrong word. I wouldn't be surprised, but it would be an incredibly stupid thing for them to do (without the appropriate a$$urance$ up front).

Just look at what Feeley he has done for skinny guys like DJ Ivey and others like Gil Frierson. I hear guys saying we have better guys committed but none of the guys committed have the get off and natural Von Miller like bend this kid has. Feeley and Stroud could make this guy an absolute monster in 12 months. We should recruit this kid until signing day and UM is his best path for life, football and beyond if he wants to make his life in S. Florida.

I usually never bash a recruit for playing the game or trying to get his bags up but this dude played himself. No way Bama, Clemson or UGA want him. Go look at the pass rushes they recruited this year and last. He set himself up like a dummy.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing this kid end up somewhere like Penn State.

Advertisement
I'm not sure. It's possible he and his father may have played themselves here. But I would be surprised if they pulled the decommit/reclassify card without first receiving "assurances" from a bag school.

Actually, surprised is probably the wrong word. I wouldn't be surprised, but it would be an incredibly stupid thing for them to do (without the appropriate a$$urance$ up front).

I've thought about this a bit and I still think the reclassification part was a surprise to EVERYONE. I think he was being heavily recruited by Bama and UGA and maybe some of the others before that bus trip but as part of 2021. When he decommitted , he announced the reclassification at the same time.

They probably told him he’d have a spot not knowing he’d actually reclassify.

I think he waits it out to see if any of the Murders Row have any attrition and he can sneak in their class.

Most likely scenario is they don’t and he takes what he can from A&M, Auburn, Kentucky, etc.

I like that we didn’t wait for him taking Williams, Height, and most likely Chantz. If we have an extra ship leftover after the dust settles with Flowe, Darnell Washington, etc, I wouldn’t mind taking him. He’s a little bit of a project since he’s 205 but has elite traits (quickness). I just don’t see him crawling back and Manny saying yes. Seems like the bridge has been burned.

No, bro so you're telling all the S.flo kids yeah go to Georgia, Alabama, Ohio state and when you not happy up there we are going to be here for you to fall back on come on dawg thats stupid...stay up there or go somewhere else
Not telling them all that. Just the really good ones that can help Miami win. As a fellow fan, I get being in yo feelings but if he came back (hypothetically) and produced I think no one would care who he signed with out of HS. Well, nobody that cares about winning.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
As rules change the bag game will change too. They will adjust things and do payment plans, so much per year to keep these kids all 3-4 years instead of bigger lump sums up front.

For kids that just want something, I can see them taking the bag and transferring out with the portal after earning other change along the way with visits and such. Those looking to take care of family with big money and jobs will need to stay.

Advertisement
Back