Donell Harris (New Thread)

Disagree. College football is a business. Put fan loyalty to the side. I love UM as much as anyone but at some point we have to wake up and realize that we have to put a great product on the field AND prove we can get our guys in the league if we want 4-5* talent. Some of yall act like we didn't just go 7-6 last year with embarrassing losses to Duke, UVA, and GTECH!!! These kids AND their parents saw that. They want to see something different and see what this #TNM is all about before they pull the trigger. Can't blame them.

Some of you on here aren't even renewing your season tickets until you see some results on the field first so WTF is the difference??????????? LOL

Any player that is good enough will get drafted at a high level from any major program. You say we need to put a great product on the field and get our guys to the league, but then the guys who would help us put a great product on the field and who can get drafted highest to the league all go elsewhere. You have daddy Harris whining about UM offering kids that he says aren't Miami caliber...but then the higher caliber kids all want to ride coattails somewhere. So should Miami just not hand out any scholarships since the 5 stars aren't coming? Miami can, 100% without the slightest doubt, be a top tier, playoff team on a regular basis if all of the SFL divas that pretend to love Miami would actually come to UM. THEY are the reason Miami is a 2nd tier team. If they love the school and want to change it, it's on them to do so. Otherwise it's all just talk on their part.

Advertisement
Name the great players the last 10 years. Smashed what? all you mentioned was his sparq score and besides I said I liked the kid multiple times. I said Manny did not our recruit anyone
***** too many to name. Just the tight-ends we had drafted have been balling. Bro are you a Miami fan, or do you like to come on here and get massacred. You must ride the short bus or something. Do you not get attention anywhere else that you have to come here and say stupid **** to get it.

As far as Miami not developing DL - he's not wrong. Franklin and Kuligowski did us no favors there. Simpson did as well as can be expected but other factors kept Willis and 99 from being picked high so the perception hasn't changed. We have a ways to go to challenge Clemson and Ohio State as DL development programs.

Think about this, How hard is it going to be to be an 11 win Miami team if we don't get those elite players? See how that game works
Miami is in the ACC Coastal. We can get to a 11 win team with the level of talent we recruit at now. We just got to 10 wins with a less talented team and bad coaching so what makes u think we can't get to 11 wins with a more talented team and better coaching?

Advertisement
just put it on the back burner and let it play out. From my take Harris dad sounds like a UM fan with most of his takes but obviously not all. Long way to go so I don’t care too much about this but the coaches certainly should read this for self awareness purposes alone

But what relevance is there that we haven't have 1st rounders on the DL in 16 years? If Harris is good enough, he will be a first rounder. We haven't had 1st round talent on the DL. You can't whine about a school not having first rounders, when all of the potential first rounders who claim it's their "dream school" decide to chase bags and ride coattails elsewhere. If they want first rounders out of Miami, then come to Miami and be first rounders. Don't claim to "love" Miami if they aren't willing to be the ones to come and bring Miami up to the next level.
How many 1st rounders did buffalo have until khalil mack, if hes good enough to go 1st round it wont matter where he goes, but in all honest he is a day 3 draft type of talent imo. Can be a solid contributor no doubt but and may be able to sneak into the day 2 rounds but that is where i see his ceiling

Not going to post 10 times in this thread because its simple..go back to the Gameday thread when we were getting stomped out by Wisconsin in the bowl game. Even some of our own most loyal fans were jumping ship and saying they were done until they saw results.

I like Manny. I like this staff. I will love them if they win. I can't expect a recruit or their parents to love the staff either if I don't. I want to see them win first then they will have my loyalty. I have given it away too many times in the last 15 years without seeing something on the field first. I don't blame DH or any other recruit who is in "Wait and see" mode.

Advertisement
Clearly sounded to me like he made two points. First, I'm the one taking the "offers" and then second, laying out all the excuses why he won't pick the canes..... which of course is really more about the first.

Also, not sure Harris ends up anywhere near a 5 Star or even a high 4. Numbers aren't that great and video doesn't pop like I would have thought

Last edited:
Ill reference the story Leon Searcy told on "the U part1" when he said FSU was trying to recruit him. "FSU came and recruited me and told me that I could help them beat Miami since they had not done it in awhile. I knew right then I was going to Miami. Why join the losing side?" (I'm paraphrasing of course but yall remember that part)..So WTF do you think these coaches from Bama, Clemson, LSU, UGA are telling these kids about us? The same **** thing!

We have to start winning before we can lock up 5* talent in 8 months before NSD. And yeah, every so often we will stumble across a Duke Johnson and Don Chaney. But we need 4-5 of those 5* types to get back to where we need to be.
We won't get 4-5 of those 5* type guys if they all chase bags and ride coattails.

I'm not saying all national high level recruits should be expected to flock to us. They have no reason to. However, the local recruits who spout off about how they "love" Miami are the ones that are full of crap. Tell me that if even half of the high level SFL recruits that claim to "love" Miami and that view Miami as their "dream school" would come here, we wouldn't be winning 10+ games every year and in the playoffs frequently? We are the "losing side" BECAUSE they go to those other schools.

Advertisement
Miami is in the ACC Coastal. We can get to a 11 win team with the level of talent we recruit at now. We just got to 10 wins with a less talented team and bad coaching so what makes u think we can't get to 11 wins with a more talented team and better coaching?
We got to 10 wins with smoke and mirror and 3 games we couldve very easily lost which puts us at another 7 win season

Of course there is some truth in what he’s saying, excuses always have some truth in them but IMO that’s all this is, excuses. You can’t claim it’s about winning then bring up Brian Burns saying FSPOO sucked but he still got drafted high. If your son is good enough, your son will get drafted high. One of the few things NFL scouts don’t analyze is Win Loss records for DL. You can’t claim is about winning and bring up FSPOO or The Turds who we have a better record over the last several years than both of them.

You can’t talk about developing the player for the draft and then bring up UGA who has been recruiting DL at an elite level, yet not putting any of them high in the draft (the UM level player he later alludes too). You can’t complain about UM not talking to you (which I highly doubt) and then praise Alabama who you claim hasn’t spoken to you either. You can’t claim you are so proactive you always planned the reclassification yet you just figured out he should “enjoy the process”.

You can’t talk about one bad apple ruining the whole bunch yet consider the turds whose head coach just ignored a player’s request to get him out of a toxic situation that could have ruined his entire life, not just draft position. As if that was not bad enough, said coach blasted the former player as did ALL of his former teammates and blamed him for the ordeal. If fans criticizing your son after decommited (which I agree is focken ridiculous and some of these adults need to grow the fock up) then imagine your son going through that Steele situation. FYI, the **** fans after that were also less than understanding.

Finally you CANT claim you’re a diehard Canes fan and EVER EVER EVER consider the Turds, especially with a UM offer on the table. It’s against a true Canes fan DNA. Well you COULD claim all these things but it just contradicts all the Facts you are supposedly presenting.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Of course there is some truth in what he’s saying, excuses always have some truth in them but IMO that’s all this is, excuses. You can’t claim it’s about winning then bring up Brian Burns saying FSPOO sucked but he still got drafted high. If your son is good enough, your son will get drafted high. One of the few things NFL scouts don’t analyze is Win Loss records for DL. You can’t claim is about winning and bring up FSPOO or The Turds who we have a better record over the last several years than both of them.

You can’t talk about developing the player for the draft and then bring up UGA who has been recruiting DL at an elite level, yet not putting any of the high in the draft (the UM level player he later alludes too). You can’t complain about UM not talking to you (which I highly doubt) and then praise Alabama who you claim hasn’t spoken to you either. You can’t claim you are so proactive you always planned the reclassification yet you just figured out he should “enjoy the process”.

You can’t talk about one bad apple ruining the whole bunch yet consider the turds whose head coach just ignored a player’s request to get him out of a toxic situation that could have ruined his entire life, not just draft position. As if that was not bad enough, said coach blasted the former player as did ALL of his former teammates and blamed him for the ordeal. If fans criticizing your son after decommited (which I agree is focken ridiculous and some of these adults need to grow the fock up) then imagine your son going throw that Steele situation. FYI, the **** fans after that were also less than understanding.

Finally you CANT claim you’re a diehard Canes fan and EVER EVER EVER consider the Turds, especially with a UM offer on the table. It’s against a true Canes fan DNA. Well you COULD claim all these things but it just contradicts all the Facts you are supposedly presenting.

Facts‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Couple of things:

1. Dad makes a good point about staff being in contact. I can only assume there was little contact because the kid was a full 2 years away. That should change now.

2. I find it interesting that he is saying the plan to reclassify was always in the cards. Doesn't seem like anyone else ever heard that.

3. This line certainly caught my attention: There are some programs in the forefront, though. Harris Sr. mentions Georgia, Clemson, LSU, Texas A&M and says “(Donell Jr.) likes the Gators.” WTH

4. He won't be an early enrollee so there's 7 months left. Guess we will see who emerges in front .... The line about Bama is interesting, too.. Almost a challenge to them..
3 of those schools haven't produced 1st and 2nd round DEs.

Advertisement
Back