Donell Harris (New Thread)

ajone228

Recruit
This is an interview with Donnell Harris father. Pretty insightful interview and makes a lot of great points. Seems to be on the same wavelength as D$.

3F0D0042-FFE1-4795-BE60-047DA18FC39D.jpeg

Advertisement
Which schools are in it? Instead of individually listing it you could have just said the four biggest bag schools lmao. And biggest concern is developing DL? Then you can take Georgia off the list because they haven’t had **** drafted off the defensive line in 4/5 years or some crazy stat.

Advertisement
Appreciate the screenshots. It's a lot better than people paraphrasing how they interpret an article.

But Miami used already used it's Donell Harris resources on Don Chaney. It will take a lot of dominoes to fall the right way to get Harris back.

I don't see anything his Dad said that hasn't been said on this site already. Where is the lie? I also believe his assessment on bags, and I feel people use that as an excuse on why we got beat on the trail. We got outrecruited or the kid simply didn't want to attend University of Miami. Chris Rock said it best when he described Women he said "What have you done for me lately". Last year in my Opinion we had a Playoff Team Defense, but couldn't put the pieces together on Offense. We'll see this year though.

Biggest takeaways.

1.) Whole family is old school Cane fans and they have high expectations(which they should).

2.) as most fans believe. We don’t have a good track record for developing DL over the past decade. How many 1st or 2nd round picks do we have?

3.) why hadn’t anybody from the staff spoke to Donnell father? Have to recruit anybody who has influence on a recruit.

4.) Win like we are supposed to this year and we get him back in the fold.

5.) as his dad mentioned, if we win the bag game will be mitigated.

Advertisement
And dad also indicated for Miami to get “back,” the program can’t offer recruits that are not up to snuff.

“It is what it is when it comes to the University of Miami and what we need to do - we need to just win and recruit University of Miami kids,” Donell Sr. said. “Not everybody deserves a University of Miami scholarship. I’m just being straight up.”

I feel That

This is all very reassuring and certainly gives you comfort we're still in this thing... if this was your first season following recruiting.

This is the backstage pass to how we arrive at the narrative, "family wants him at Miami."

Fuggin' guy even said, "enjoy the process."

Advertisement
Advertisement
A lot can be read into Dads comments and I'm sure there will be many differing opinions.

One of the most revealing comments was about bags. Pretty much admitted that bags are real.

A high quality education was never mentioned.

Dad made some very valid points - most of which we already know.

Dad wants some love as well.

Advertisement
Back