Donell Harris (New Thread)

Advertisement
If you spin it right, it doesn't make UM look weak to let him crawl back. You put out statements about how like Walker, Harris thought he wanted to leave home but quickly realized home is home.
Me flying over high school football fields with this message when they’re practicing...

7CE38192-2C5C-4A2B-802A-306EC188DAD9.gif

IIRC, Harris didn't seem like a bad kid. He seemed like a kid who couldn't make up his mind. I don't remember him ever speaking badly about the Canes or the coaches. So that shouldn't be the reason not to take him.

Now, his dad and inner circle, that seems like another story. They seemed to want to pimp him out to the highest bidder. And that could be a good reason not to take him. Besides, we already have our 2021 starters in Phillips and Harvey, with good depth and a decent board. Tbh, I like Davis better.

Advertisement
People forget this kid is like 21 years old. Not your average freshman here. And yeah he’s got talent but he ****ed us around and chose the easy(and obvious) bags to go to a weird place like college station. Seriously anyone on this board ever been there? What’s it like?

Side note: the only noteworthy thing this kids ever done in his life is troll the living **** out of ufag in signing day. Man that was funny.

For the record if tyrique Stevenson was homesick and wanted to come back I’d let him. That’s a cant miss kid. Half-a-star donnel doesn’t fit our system anyways

At 17 you have earned a second chance. This is a top S Florida athlete having him in our team drives a message to the 4* and 5 * coming up, home is the best choice!

Advertisement
I can't remember if this kid played games with his recruitment. However, I remember his father flat out hinting he was about that$$. You took that cash now it's time to man up. This seems to be a situation that a father made a decision without thinking how it would effect his son.
If I was in his shoes and my son wanted to transfer to UM .I would go to Manny and tell him I messed up. Don't take it out on my son let him transfer and I promise to keep my mouth shut.

Advertisement
I can't remember if this kid played games with his recruitment. However, I remember his father flat out hinting he was about that$$. You took that cash now it's time to man up. This seems to be a situation that a father made a decision without thinking how it would effect his son.
If I was in his shoes and my son wanted to transfer to UM .I would go to Manny and tell him I messed up. Don't take it out on my son let him transfer and I promise to keep my mouth shut.
He was playing games more with the gators than us.

No one is saying that.

But there has to be a precedent set. This kid played all kinda games with us & trolled us hard, he had every opportunity to honor his commitment & sign with Miami, he & his pops chose quick money over putting on representing for his hometown, so now when shìt goes bad at College Station he needs to live with that & not have us roll the red carpet out to welcome him back after he fcked us over as bad as he did.

Miami makes plenty of mistakes in recruiting & we fck things up more often than people might realize when it comes to landing Blue chip local recruits, however in this situation that's not the case. We did everything right & treated this kid with the utmost respect, we handled his recruitment perfect & he still did us dirty for no other reason than getting some quick cash that has probably already dried up.

If his pops was as involved in his recruitment as he was & didn't warn his son about being a young Black man at a place like College station which is literally like a **** Cult, then that's on him.

Miami is not Captain Save A Hoe with the cape on to rescue every single bag chasing South FL player that shìts on us in recruiting only to come running back talking bout being "homesick" or wanting to put on for the city only because they found out the hard way at whatever Confederate SEC program they went to that all the lies & bullshìt them Good ol' boy coaches were selling them was nothing but fake dreams & fugazi promises.

Yes Harris has some good traits & is a natural athlete, but so what, kids like that grow on trees in South FL & Miami at DE is not in a desperate position to where we need to jump on the window reaching for a kid who already told us to go fck off. It's not like the Issiah Walker situation where we're desperate for OT's, DE is one of the positions where we can be picky & get who we want because of the system we run creates productivity & the success we've had with dudes like Chad Thomas, Joe Jackson & Greg Rousseau.

Donnel missed his chance to be a Hurricane, I don't care how talented he is.
Well said Liberty. I too grow tired of seeing the hypocrisy of it all.

Advertisement
No one is saying that.

But there has to be a precedent set. This kid played all kinda games with us & trolled us hard, he had every opportunity to honor his commitment & sign with Miami, he & his pops chose quick money over putting on representing for his hometown, so now when shìt goes bad at College Station he needs to live with that & not have us roll the red carpet out to welcome him back after he fcked us over as bad as he did.

Miami makes plenty of mistakes in recruiting & we fck things up more often than people might realize when it comes to landing Blue chip local recruits, however in this situation that's not the case. We did everything right & treated this kid with the utmost respect, we handled his recruitment perfect & he still did us dirty for no other reason than getting some quick cash that has probably already dried up.

If his pops was as involved in his recruitment as he was & didn't warn his son about being a young Black man at a place like College station which is literally like a **** Cult, then that's on him.

Miami is not Captain Save A Hoe with the cape on to rescue every single bag chasing South FL player that shìts on us in recruiting only to come running back talking bout being "homesick" or wanting to put on for the city only because they found out the hard way at whatever Confederate SEC program they went to that all the lies & bullshìt them Good ol' boy coaches were selling them was nothing but fake dreams & fugazi promises.

Yes Harris has some good traits & is a natural athlete, but so what, kids like that grow on trees in South FL & Miami at DE is not in a desperate position to where we need to jump on the window reaching for a kid who already told us to go fck off. It's not like the Issiah Walker situation where we're desperate for OT's, DE is one of the positions where we can be picky & get who we want because of the system we run creates productivity & the success we've had with dudes like Chad Thomas, Joe Jackson & Greg Rousseau.

Donnel missed his chance to be a Hurricane, I don't care how talented he is.
Not only this but personality and fit wise I want Thomas Davis and Jabari miles over him. Even if we let him transfer here (we shouldn’t) in 2 years he’ll be crying and transferring again because he isn’t get the burn he “deserves”. That personality has been in this program for years and we’re finally making steps to exonerate it. Those are 2 great kids with great personalities and great families and we already got a glimpse at Donnell’s.

Advertisement
Back