Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You not high on ford and nesta?
Nesta has alot of potential. He also has alot of stuff he needs to work on. Starting with his temperament. He is so talented. But if he continues to neglect the mental side of **** I'm not even positive **** be here much longer. Ford doesn't do much for me at this point. He is a very strong kid though. Im looking forward to seeing what stood can do with this room. Alot of potential but tons of work

I'm gonna assume I understand both of your points on this one d. I THINK what @originalcawas referring to is exactly what I was stating. At that time there was certainly SOME kids who would get paid. Not a majority by any stretch of the imagination but a decent percentage all the same. Those kids would get jobs for families. 50k 75k 100k but rarely would it go over that. Now however if you're a legit national recruit and you want to go the bag route you'll have a bidding war over who's gonna pay you the most. I know 4 kids that have been paid a mill now just to sign with a school. ***** the results. 3 in the sec one in the acc. I know TONS of kids getting 25k for an official visit. Getting 5 to 10k for a positive review in social media. 25k just to give out fake commitments. This **** wasnt going on back in my day. Dont get me wrong. What was going on in my day and the days yall are talking about STILL GOES ON EVERYWHERE. but the schools that seperate themselves are the heavyweights who have no repercussions behind what they do.

holy bleep lol.

Yep. If kid is from South Florida, of modest circumstances, and is offered a compensation package worth high five- or even six- figures, &hard to expect he'll say no.

To me, this racket involves massive underreporting of income and, I guess, tax fraud. It could even be criminal on both sides. But nothing will stop it unless and until IRS and DOJ decide to focus on it.

I'm somewhat incredulous about the amounts I'm seeing described here--houses, cars, jobs, and cash--but if it is, I don't see why it wouldn't be of interest to the feds. Since all the universities are beneficiaries of federal funds, I wonder if the federal government would have another interest (i.e. a legal nexus) even if the funding does not go directly to the athletic department.
The feds are looking into it. That's been going on for atleast 6 months that I know of.

Nesta has alot of potential. He also has alot of stuff he needs to work on. Starting with his temperament. He is so talented. But if he continues to neglect the mental side of **** I'm not even positive **** be here much longer. Ford doesn't do much for me at this point. He is a very strong kid though. Im looking forward to seeing what stood can do with this room. Alot of potential but tons of work
They say ford was all world in the spring. He a big strong dude and we been lacking that inside.

Advertisement
They say ford was all world in the spring. He a big strong dude and we been lacking that inside.
Yeah. He definitely looked better for us in the spring. But that honestly shouldnt be an indicator one way or the other. I dont think people can grasp the situation with our oline this spring. We had dudes that were from other positions and **** near not even the roster let alone a two deep taking relevant snaps just so we would have numbers. Alot of crap these coaches say you just gotta take with a grain of salt. These interviews are for the fans. They dont wanna feed into the hysteria for obvious reasons.

Yeah. He definitely looked better for us in the spring. But that honestly shouldnt be an indicator one way or the other. I dont think people can grasp the situation with our oline this spring. We had dudes that were from other positions and **** near not even the roster let alone a two deep taking relevant snaps just so we would have numbers. Alot of crap these coaches say you just gotta take with a grain of salt. These interviews are for the fans. They dont wanna feed into the hysteria for obvious reasons.
Fair point but other dts dominated the same competition in recent years yet they showed up big time every week pretty much. Hopefully thats the same case here. I think a Top 4 of Nesta, ford, bethel and nnoruka with a sleeper in Jordan miller can get the job done in our scheme.

How you feel about qb now and who do you have starting game 1 there?

We’ll see where we are 8/24, let’s hope we are all pleasantly surprised, especially on the OL

Advertisement
Fair point but other dts dominated the same competition in recent years yet they showed up big time every week pretty much. Hopefully thats the same case here. I think a Top 4 of Nesta, ford, bethel and nnoruka with a sleeper in Jordan miller can get the job done in our scheme.

How you feel about qb now and who do you have starting game 1 there?
#1 I'm not saying it doesnt show us ANYTHING. Cause if he struggled heavily against that I'd say sit him next to Knowles. #2 none of those kids ever went up against stuff like this at oline. We have had bad oline for sure. But atleast they were oline with experience etcetera. This was literally just warm bodies that 65% wont play a single down here. We had serious injury issues this spring that doesnt happen often. Far as qb nothings changed at this point. Could go any way.

We wont get most... but we will get our share. I tried to explain for awhile how we are viewed nationally. One season where we showed out because of our defense doesnt erase that especially when you follow that up with what we did. Need to make winning consistently a normal expectation here. With how were built now I think that should be pretty easy. We arent ready for another ring but we can easily win in the acc. Clemson can be beat as well. Only teams were flat out not built for right now have dominant front sevens like ours. Matter of fact better than ours. We gotta fix the interior on both our lines and were good.

Not going to front, I’m surprised you think Clemson is beatable. Of course, they can lose any given game but I don’t see them being removed from the top of the ACC any time soon. Perhaps, 3-4 years if Miami can fix some thirds Offensive issues and with a little help from a special QB.

Advertisement

Nesta not happy with us?

Advertisement
Not going to front, I’m surprised you think Clemson is beatable. Of course, they can lose any given game but I don’t see them being removed from the top of the ACC any time soon. Perhaps, 3-4 years if Miami can fix some thirds Offensive issues and with a little help from a special QB.
I think you're forgetting the impact a real scheme can have on our team as a whole. They really arent that much better than us as a whole when you take the incompetence of the last offensive scheme out of the equation. Where they are better is oline and qb. But with us I'm really surprised people think the previous year or two is an indicator of us lacking firepower on offense. On the defensive side of the ball it honestly all began with time of possession. When throughout the year you spend **** near three quarters of every game on the field it takes a heavy toll. Especially in the run game. Especially when you consider we are always on the attack. The fact that Clemson just lost basically their entire proven dline is huge as well. I'm not a huge fan of sunshine either. People wanna glamorize the qb position for obvious reasons. But in reality when you're fundamentally sound all you really need is a game manager. Well be fine out of qb right this second no matter who wins. Yes some obviously have more upside than others but any of them can win with an actual offense for once. Our line simply needs to play with some pride.

I think you're forgetting the impact a real scheme can have on our team as a whole. They really arent that much better than us as a whole when you take the incompetence of the last offensive scheme out of the equation. Where they are better is oline and qb. But with us I'm really surprised people think the previous year or two is an indicator of us lacking firepower on offense. On the defensive side of the ball it honestly all began with time of possession. When throughout the year you spend **** near three quarters of every game on the field it takes a heavy toll. Especially in the run game. Especially when you consider we are always on the attack. The fact that Clemson just lost basically their entire proven dline is huge as well. I'm not a huge fan of sunshine either. People wanna glamorize the qb position for obvious reasons. But in reality when you're fundamentally sound all you really need is a game manager. Well be fine out of qb right this second no matter who wins. Yes some obviously have more upside than others but any of them can win with an actual offense for once. Our line simply needs to play with some pride.

The real question is can Diaz/Enos create an Offensive system that is effective and develop QB’s? Dabo did that Clemson. Urban did that at Florida and OSU.

I hear Enos runs more pro set than the spread. Not sure how I feel about that in this day in age unless they’re running something similar to the Chiefs or Rams.

The real question is can Diaz/Enos create an Offensive system that is effective and develop QB’s? Dabo did that Clemson. Urban did that at Florida and OSU.

I hear Enos runs more pro set than the spread. Not sure how I feel about that in this day in age unless they’re running something similar to the Chiefs or Rams.

No such thing as a “pro set” anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back