Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how the **** are we going to get past Clemson with the way we are recruiting?

Them mfs got like 5 5* already

Clemson is the team thats in our way and them mfs are getting better and better

It's gonna be tuff...

Exactly going to be tough. Were going to have to just keep winning the coastal over and over again stacking 4 stars with the occasional 5 star and if we can close the gap enough we can start using the "come sign wit us so we can be the team that knocks off Clemson" line.

Advertisement
I'll cut through the BS and ask you a simple question. Do you think Al Golden and Randy Shannon had Vernon playing to his potential at Miami?
Golden certainly didn’t and he only played a small part of the season. Miami had a top 25 or so in his freshman and sophomore years and he was a part of that. Only so much he can do as a freshman, his stats improved as a sophomore and was another Miami guy who left earlier than they should have. When you throw in the drama from the ncaa it had all the makings of a talented 3rd round pick.

In a discussion, one typically conveys a point and supports it with a logical and reasonable example or supporting detail. Would you rather I chose any of his effusive pro-Miami tweets/posts? If you want to focus on that detail, so be it, get lost in the sauce as the kids say, it's not really the point I was making.
The logic is self explanatory in that a 15 year old is highly prone to change his mind and is susceptible to making an emotional decision. Maybe one like committing to the hometown team early on in the process before his recruitment ever even properly began from the OOS power house schools.

And no reason to cite any particular tweets from this one player, you were speaking for all de-commits. Apparently in your mind, once they've committed they've fully come to terms with Miami and their shortcomings and are willing to overlook all our ineptitudes even as the coaches of the Clemson's and Alabama's of the world keep banging on about them trying to convince them there are better options out there for them. Get real.

Here's what I wanna know:
how many of you keyboard heroes sitting here getting angry about these kids taking money and leaving would have the strength to not take it?

Imagine coming from a low income family in the areas these kids are from where you are happy if your family is able to pay the bills, eat, and make it to the next day. Then imagine you are lucky enough to have/discover a talent that is recognized by colleges which gives you the slightest chance or hope that you can go to the NFL and make more money than your family has ever dreamed of. You would do anything you could to improve that chance.

AND that's before these bagmen come and offer to move your family somewhere better as soon as you sign, get them jobs, and offer you more money right there than your parents could make in years.

Ya'll are saying that you would look at the cars, clothes, chains, money and say "No thanks, I'd rather play for the college closest to where I live for free. I might have a slightly lower chance of making it to the NFL due to the uncertainty behind that school. But it's cool because I'd rather try to make them better and not be considered a 'traitor' by those guys on the message boards."

No ya'll wouldn't. 99% of you would have jumped out of your chair and had the papers signed before your desk chair stopped spinning.

Dudes like Duke or Chaney (hopefully) that do that are special. The benefits and consequences of their decision to take or not take that money aren't just a recruiting class or win or loss in a college sport for their favorite school, it affects them for the rest of their and their families life.

You're setting up a strawman here as if bags are all about Winn Dixie giftcards and paid FPL bills. Go ahead and setup the debate about whether one would take money under the current NCAA system or even if it's more advantageous career-wise to go elsewhere to play but we need to seriously stop assigning ultra-benevolent motives to all these kids and certain members of their families and "mentors".

Being poor (or perceived as that) doesn't necessarily make you a good person just as being rich doesn't necessarily make you an intelligent or even disciplined person.

Mama getting a Dodge Charger and Pops getting a gold chain and some spendin' cash ain't exactly changing the life circumstances longterm for anyone. That's why we hear the same financial hardship stories when the kids leave early for the Draft.

Advertisement
Nah clemson is recruiting better then ever now

Them mfs are getting 5* after 5*

They kicked up to another level..
now they r recruiting better yes this is true but they were paying before this. before they won big there regular non title classes dwarfed our regular classes we get now, our classes are only good to our fans but there not as good as people make them out to be.

The title did pick there **** up to new level tier 1 while we in tier 5

We've been losing for 15 years and our guys are getting drafted too low. People don't want to hear that, but it's the truth.

Whoa whoa whoa...WTF are you trying to say here? A couple of years of players (a few who shouldn't have left that early) and now they're getting drafted too low? This would imply the NFL is against miami players and they are getting drafted low because they are from Miami? You can't be serious supporting this nonsense D.

@DMoney keeps ignoring this point. Kid knew we weren't doing Jack sheet 6 months ago. Then who comes calling? Bama, Clemson and UGA. The three biggest bag schools. **** UGA fans openly say they pay players, we even know what they pay some of them... It's an open secret! And all of a sudden money wants us to accept is because we haven't shown the kid anything? Didn't he know this 6 months ago? Didn't Don Chaney know this when he committed? He. Got.Bought. Stop with the sillyness money you are Making a fool of yourself here bro.

Do you think we paid Chaney?

Then i guess we wont ever be elite again because we **** sure aint dropping bags
Thats what alot of fans have to come to grips with, 10 years from now in the future hopefully some of the fans here will wake up and accept who we r now and stop with the excuse making or we will be elite again talk.

Advertisement
Not to say Golden did him any favors.

Which is the whole point. Vernon had an offer from Saban. Do you think he would've had success in that system?

Pannunzio told me before the draft that Vernon was better than Upshaw (he coached at both schools) but that Upshaw had much better coaching and development. That's why Upshaw got drafted higher. Vernon was always the more talented player.

Nah Clemson been recruiting elite for awhile we cant even recruit like the way they did before there rise not even close.................now that they win they get more. We arent even at there basic level before there titles in recruiting
Clemson highest ranked class since 2013 has been 7th. They have had a few classes outside the top 10. Their class with deshaun watson was only 16th and the class average was 88. That class played in 2 title games.

Advertisement
Clemson highest ranked class since 2013 has been 7th. They have had a few classes outside the top 10. Their class with deshaun watson was only 16th and the class average was 88. That class played in 2 title games.
I just have no hope bruh, i remmeber them bodying us for Sammy Watkins and they havent won **** and we were never able to get players of that caliber when ST and butch boys left. Sll I remember are teams taking our plan A guys and putting us in a hole.........it wasnt only Clemson its been UF FSU Bama UGA LSU etc. Until we pony up I believe we will stay stuck in quick sand hopefully I can hit the lotto and change that.

Advertisement
View attachment 87457
He actually had more sacks than that. Just because you go 2nd or 3rd round doesn’t mean you weren’t properly developed dmoney you know this. We have seen kids who fit the bill of top 2-3 round picks that even with atheltic profile, film and production still go lower than they should have gone in redwine and Michael Jackson. Weird sh*t happen like that in the draft

Also I think the whole Shapiro thing and not being able to play in a bunch of games in 2011 hurt him in the draft as well.

If he's going to be taking officials, he may as well decommit. He's going to have a scholarship waiting no matter what he does.

I think he went on this trip and realized that he is truly undecided. So he decommitted. Now we need to show him why his decision should be Miami.

Now this I agree with...100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back