Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The thing that changed is that he saw other schools. He committed as a young teenager with a limited perspective. Now he knows what's out there.
$eeing exactly what beyond the obvious ? Every campus the same at the end of the day, it’s hoes everywhere and a party is going to be a party anywhere too. The “college town” sh^t overrated, sh*t gets old after a while

Advertisement
We’ve actually had quite few over the recent years
Perry, Richards, Washington, Francois. All 4 of those have something in common.

Edit: Add Blades and Brooks to that list too.

Do they have the data that shows Miami has the most active NFL players at DE out of any university?

Or that our d-line does so well consistently, our coaches keep getting promotions?

Or that we had the most TFL in the country?

You are making my argument for me. We have the most active NFL players at DE without a first rounder. What does that tell you? We are taking talented players and making them look worse.

I agree that things have been better recently. But during that time period, Alabama and Georgia have been winning championships and pumping out multiple DL first rounders.

If you take emotion out of it, as of June 2019, he should go to Clemson. The beauty of football is that we have time to change that.

Advertisement
He said he wants to win a national championship and go to the next level. We've been losing for 15 years and our guys are getting drafted too low. People don't want to hear that, but it's the truth.

This one is simple to me. He wants to be here but he won't commit until he is confident in Miami's future. . If we win and get momentum, guys like this will be jumping in the boat. It's not always about bags.
That's the problem with these kids. They want the easy way. You know how the recruits can be confident in Miami's future....come to Miami and BE the future. Be the ones that turn the team back to what it was. Of course it's never going to be at Clemson's level or Alabama's level....when they all keep going to Clemson or Alabama because they feel it guarantees them an easy playoff appearance.

That's the problem with these kids. They want the easy way. You know how the recruits can be confident in Miami's future....come to Miami and BE the future. Be the ones that turn the team back to what it was. Of course it's never going to be at Clemson's level or Alabama's level....when they all keep going to Clemson or Alabama because they feel it guarantees them an easy playoff appearance.

Chickillo wanted to bring the U back, too. How did that turn out for him?

I don't think Diaz is Golden. But as of now, he is 0-0 with good press conferences.

You are making my argument for me. We have the most active NFL players at DE without a first rounder. What does that tell you? We are taking talented players and making them look worse.

I agree that things have been better recently. But during that time period, Alabama and Georgia have been winning championships and pumping out multiple DL first rounders.

If you take emotion out of it, as of June 2019, he should go to Clemson. The beauty of football is that we have time to change that.

we actually dont.

Stop with the excuses. This kid was all Miami until yesterday. Now this? Bag season is real. Manny is doing everything right and this kid won't even give him a chance to see how the season plays out. I'm tired of the excuses. In the modern era if you want to compete for chips, then you need bags, simple. If not, enjoy being coastal champs.

I dont doubt that bag season has an effect on de-commitments but I don't think thats the whole story. Big programs like the ones he has attention from can easily negatively recruit us. That constant negativity will eventually make sense to the kids who are willing to listen. Who was our last D-lineman drafted in the rd 1-2?. By the way it's Calais Campbell back in '08 (these kids were 6-8 years old then) in that same time period Bama has had 8 dlinemen drafted in the first two rounds (a couple of which were top 5). I mention the first two rounds because of the rookie salaries associated with these rounds. How do we convince the top talent that they will change our streak when the top talent that has come doesn't make the money they can until their rookie contracts are up (Thomas, Chick, Duke)?

Advertisement
$eeing exactly what beyond the obvious ? Every campus the same at the end of the day, it’s hoes everywhere and a party is going to be a party anywhere too. The “college town” sh^t overrated, sh*t gets old after a while

You keep saying this, yet you have no idea what you're talking about. YOU might think it gets old after a while. YOU are not every recruit. Stop telling people things that are your complete opinion and trying to pass them off as facts. College towns don't get old for 19-20 year old 5-star recruits on their way to 1st round money. Stop it.

Advertisement
"...but my dad just wanted me to open up my options and see what all these schools have to offer,"
Good old dad got to thinking about all the goodies in the future and if kid is a top collegiate draft pick in the NFL the family is wealthy. Never underestimate the power of the $.

Man what is with these SF kids ? Lol funny how it’s more loyalty from outta state kids then the ones in Miami’s backyard ..I don’t wanna hear **** about we been losing blah blah Miami is top 5 with the most guys in the NFL right now

As a fan I agree. However, for most of these kids it's a business. Their family's future could be at stake depending if they make the league. Sometimes it's not about makin the crib great, it's about setting your family up for the future... In more ways than one.

You’re making my argument for me. Because you keep throwing Clemson’s name around, except it’s Georgia at the root of all this, which wastes more talent than any school out there not named FSU. Now go ahead and find me an edge rusher not named Leonard Floyd that UGA has to hang their hat on.

Also, if you think any of those dudes have the same talent level and ceiling as Harris, then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back