Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope so, their division is a **** joke (UF's your main competition) and Kirby was handed a great roster. But with all of those 4 and 5 star players they get (some paid), how many titles have they won? How many 1st round picks did they have in the draft this past season?
The coastal is a joke too and the team is still having 7-6 seasons.

Advertisement
Hopefully we have a good szn and re-commits back to us
Hopefully. And hopefully these kids coaches read the definition of commitment to the players. It’s ok to lean and have favorites but once you commit. Theoretically, there is no turning back on your word. Your word means **** if you’re going back on it. And that’s just life.

I get that in regard to winning. But in terms of getting to the next level as a DE? Miami is up there with anyone.

Anthony Chickillo, Calais Campbell, Chad Thomas, Joe Jackson, Olivier Vernon, RJ McIntosh, AQM...if Chad Thomas can get drafted in the 3rd, Donnell Harris can get drafted in the 1st here.

But I do unfortunately get the perspective when it comes to winning.

Every single one of those guys was drafted lower than they should have been. That is Exhibit A on why he shouldn't come here.

We need to show that times have changed.

When was the last time we went undefeated? How was our recruiting class?

This isn't complicated. People say, "We've been getting burned by these types of kids for years!" No ****. We've been a dumpster fire for years. Those two things are related.

If Manny beats UF and we win double-digit games, we will have a monster class. If we get the same old performance on the field, we will get the same old results in recruiting.

Manny needs to win this year. But I really wish people would stop with this "just win and they'll come narrative". This guy decommitted in the middle of June where Miami hasn't even been given the chance to display any type of improvement on the field. If we started off slow and looked like we did last year, I get it. But this is not the case.

Hopefully we have a good szn and re-commits back to us

Advertisement
They did play in the championship game in 2018 and they have been winning a lot more games than miami has.
Miami only has 3 more losses than uga in the last 3 years and that’s with Miami having an aberration of a season in 2018. I’m out and been out on this uga “hype” mfs have had blow out losses in each of the 3 seasons since Kirby smart been there in the regular season including to auburn in 2017 and LSU in 2018. Also completely folding vs bama and get thoroughly beaten by Texas.

Advertisement
He said he wants to win a national championship and go to the next level. We've been losing for 15 years and our guys are getting drafted too low. People don't want to hear that, but it's the truth.

This one is simple to me. He wants to be here but he won't commit until he is confident in Miami's future. . If we win and get momentum, guys like this will be jumping in the boat. It's not always about bags.
Nah. That's not what this is about d. If that was the case why decomitt now? Hes already committed and no need for the status change if he simply wants to make sure well be in the right position to win and put him high into the league. Him being committed doesnt stop people from recruiting him. I do know this will help his status on his current tour. Especially over the next few days. Well see if that's all he wants and he comes back afterwards or if it's a bigger picture.

Advertisement
When was the last time we went undefeated? How was our recruiting class?

This isn't complicated. People say, "We've been getting burned by these types of kids for years!" No ****. We've been a dumpster fire for years. Those two things are related.

If Manny beats UF and we win double-digit games, we will have a monster class. If we get the same old performance on the field, we will get the same old results in recruiting.
In your opinion, If we beat UF and have double digit wins do you think he comes back and signs with the Canes or are we out of it completely?

Nah. That's not what this is about d. If that was the case why decomitt now? Hes already committed and no need for the status change if he simply wants to make sure well be in the right position to win and put him high into the league. Him being committed doesnt stop people from recruiting him. I do know this will help his status on his current tour. Especially over the next few days. Well see if that's all he wants and he comes back afterwards or if it's a bigger picture.

If he's going to be taking officials, he may as well decommit. He's going to have a scholarship waiting no matter what he does.

I think he went on this trip and realized that he is truly undecided. So he decommitted. Now we need to show him why his decision should be Miami.

Advertisement
Every single one of those guys was drafted lower than they should have been. That is Exhibit A on why he shouldn't come here.

We need to show that times have changed.
And every single one of those guys (barring Chad) was misused 2+ regimes ago, or left too early. Manny ain’t misusing our d-linemen. Also, those guys from Shannon/golden era are still in the league, getting ready for their 3rd contract...

Pressue is on for manny to beat UF and FSU with Double digit wins to top it off

2021 was setting up for honeymoon status but these kids want to see the results because the negative recruiting of us sucking on top of bags is at all time highs

We need to stop ******* around and win like we should be and stop losing to GT, Dukes and UVAs of the world

He said he wants to win a national championship and go to the next level. We've been losing for 15 years and our guys are getting drafted too low. People don't want to hear that, but it's the truth.

This one is simple to me. He wants to be here but he won't commit until he is confident in Miami's future. . If we win and get momentum, guys like this will be jumping in the boat. It's not always about bags.

Then don’t commit..don’t use your home school for clout.

I can’t stand them MFers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back