Donaldson

Don't need to give up on CLark. He's earned a spot as an underclassman, flashes some talent. But it'd be great if he took a redshirt behind donaldson next year and came back as a redshirt junior with major experience

Our fans give up on players when they don't perform like all-stars. Last year they wanted to trade Nelson for a sack of jolly ranchers. Clark is the kind of player that turns into a solid lineman his junior and senior year. He's not NFL material, but you don't need a NFL lineman at each position to win in CFB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No he’s not. He young and playing out of position.

Will be a good center
I don't get this. He started at center, but was moved to guard last year out of necessity. Meanwhile Cleveland Reed started as guard and was moved to back up center after he came back. If one is a natural center while the other's a natural guard, why play them out of position? Wouldn't that set back their development?

Advertisement
He's 100% better than Clark. People give him **** because of how he failed at RT, but he's a much better Guard and was All-Conference at the position. If he comes back the same, or even slightly better, he's going to surely hold down a starting OG spot next year. May even take Scaife's spot, and Scaife may go back to LG (remember, he started out at LG in year 1)
Some really bad talent evaluators giving out those "stars" to HS athletes. Donaldson and Symonette -- both 4 star OL, both unproductive, to say the least.

A healthy Donaldson is an improvement over either guy at G. Clark has struggled and Scaife has been as bad. If you would have told me before the season that the combo of Williams, Campbell and Nelson would be holding their own at tackle, I would have jumped for joy. There’s no way I would have thought they would outplay the interior guys by a wide margin.

Advertisement
I haven't given up on Donaldson. I still think he can help if he can get his weight in check.

I have been lifting at UM for more than a decade and routinely bump into players on campus. He is one of the most massive players I have ever seen here. Just a huge, natural frame.

Unfortunately, for far too long, Miami has recruited smaller, 260-285 pound linemen and bulked them up. And then we wonder why the OL is not productive. Bama, Georgia, etc. get the Donaldson-size types and just bully dudes. We need more guys like Donaldson here. We don't need to push him out. He displayed decent feet and movement his freshman year. He's a gifted kid. He's regressed since but if Feeley and co. can get him committed, this could be such a boost.

Anyone think he can't help the oline.

If he is healthy and in shape, he takes Clark's spot at LG.

I'm over the Ckark/Traore experiment
Clark plays guard out necessity due to searles and Barry's lack of recruiting Clark is and was a center he plays guard because we have no one else. The only guy that we have that can play guard is rivers and he is a true freshman. Next years line should be really good though. With scaife,campbell,gaynor, Donaldson, rivers, walker, washington all up there with at least a year under there belts and majortiy having played significant snaps

Advertisement
Clark played at the guard position last yesr and played well so just why has he regressed this year with what most people say is better coaching. Scaife played much better at tackle last year then he is at guard this year, he has good feet and balance to play tackle but really not strong enough to play guard. Reed is 1 of the strongest players on the o-line and would be a huge help in the running game i can only guess he must not have mastered the playbook

Big Don is an upgrade over any of these OGs even at 350lbs. Ideally, Lash wants to the inside zone runs. What I’m surprised about is Reed not getting any burn. What I’m shocked about is Rivers not getting on the OL anywhere. I thought he’d start here last year.

Advertisement
Back