Donaldson

Advertisement
A healthy Donaldson is an improvement over either guy at G. Clark has struggled and Scaife has been as bad. If you would have told me before the season that the combo of Williams, Campbell and Nelson would be holding their own at tackle, I would have jumped for joy. There’s no way I would have thought they would outplay the interior guys by a wide margin.
I’ve called out what I thought was previously unnecessary hype on him, so I’ll give credit to his current play: Gaynor has been solid for the most part so far. That’s nice to see and helps us a lot for the next year and a half.

Big Don is an upgrade over any of these OGs even at 350lbs. Ideally, Lash wants to the inside zone runs. What I’m surprised about is Reed not getting any burn. What I’m shocked about is Rivers not getting on the OL anywhere. I thought he’d start here last year.
Your shocked a True frosh isn’t starting at Oline.. at guard no less having to dig out DTs who are usually 20,21,22??

Lmao I’ll give you Reed who I’m shocked isn’t getting burn but pump the brakes on Rivers

A healthy Donaldson is an improvement over either guy at G. Clark has struggled and Scaife has been as bad. If you would have told me before the season that the combo of Williams, Campbell and Nelson would be holding their own at tackle, I would have jumped for joy. There’s no way I would have thought they would outplay the interior guys by a wide margin.
Like you I thought the interior of the offensive line would be a strength but man was I wrong. Scaife looks to be a better tackle than he is guard. He seems to be kinda light for a guard.

Advertisement
Donaldson would have to lose around 100 lbs and do a 180 degree turn on his cardio to be. Able to play in this O. You think he’s been able to rehab his blown out knee at well over 400 lbs? I hope he gets it together as he was very athletic coming out of HS...I’m pretty sure he even played some TE in HS. I bet he needs a good year of working out/rehab to safety get to where he needs to be. I don’t know him, have insider knowledge, have medical training, nor slept in a holiday in express last night; just knowledge of what I read here... does that qualify as knowledge? So really everything I wrote is a bunch of speculative crap I guess. Bourbon is good...lol🙌

Someone need to take clark spot for sure
this up here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Advertisement
Donaldson needs to continue to remake his body. He can change his life in multiple ways if he gets to the 320 range.
Walking off the field at halftime I caught a glimpse of the big cat. That is one large human being.

Advertisement
If he’s not in shape by now he’ll never be. Starting at a D1 college & potential NFL looks aren’t enough motivation for him.

I mean I get it, you can potentially reshape your body and reshape your life to make millions, that motivation factor should be enough but to say not in shape by now then he will never be I feel is putting the cart before the horse.

Dude was always big, had a torn ACL, then add COVID where he basically couldn't do **** but sit in front of a zoom camera for team meetings, itll take some time. My hope for him is re-strengthen the knee play maybe a game or two at the end of the year just to get some contact and be around the 340 range. I think that is realistic, then dedicate his time in the offseason and come into camp around 315-320.

Donaldson suiting up for the Pitt game is a positive sign 11 months removed from the injury.
Also, Campbell has had a rough few weeks and Zion has earned a starting role imo.
Perhaps by the time we play GT a month from now this could be our 2-deep:

LT Nelson / Campbell

LG Donaldson /Traore

C Gaynor / Clark

RG Scaife / Reed

RT Williams / Rivers

Advertisement
Some really bad talent evaluators giving out those "stars" to HS athletes. Donaldson and Symonette -- both 4 star OL, both unproductive, to say the least.
Donaldson was a beast his freshman year , looked like he was going to be a star , he was super athletic for a big guy but he got to big and lost his agility and his career went down hil.

Donaldson was a beast his freshman year , looked like he was going to be a star , he was super athletic for a big guy but he got to big and lost his agility and his career went down hil.
Didn't help that they insisted on playing him at RT and in Enos system he constantly had him pulling as a guard. Ironically, he looked really good when he played at center during 2019 Spring scrimmage. Still think he can finish off a solid career, but he must get that weight in order.

His freshman year was certainly his best but ... a "beast"? I don't recall that at all. I was a bit disappointed in his play back then but I wrote it off as an adjustment season and gave him a full pass. Since then, it's all gone south. Hopefully he can still turn it around.

Advertisement
Back