Don Chaney SR HL

Advertisement
I think you are underrating his later cuts and curve-whatever motion...Lingard I can see those concerns tis, and Chaney may not be Barry Sanders, but he has some wiggle and feet.

He can make lateral cuts especially when he gears down a bit but it's not a strength of his game imo, especially not behind the line of scrimmage where he hasn't built up speed.

Curvilinear movement is just a way to describe moving forward with rounded angles, like Marshall Faulk, Dalvin Cook, Kamara or Deejay to a lesser extent. I don't think that's in Chaney's repertoire but most athletes don't move like that. It's a very efficient way to evade or glance off tackles.

DJ is most likely leaving if u asked me having a great year and he just had a son. He needs that paper and there’s nothing wrong with that. I hope the rest of our JRs comeback for next year to make a run

Advertisement
THE BEST RB IN THE STATE!

The perfect combo of size, speed, agility, vision, balance & power. He's got NFL caliber upside. His natural ability to run through traffic & create plays where there are none is uncanny. This kid is special.

Yall can slobber over Knighton all day if you want, but Chaney is the best back in FLA & one of the top 5 in the nation.

No way you can keep him off the field next year, whether Deejay comes back or not, Chaney gets snaps as a TF.

.....El I’m sure Manny has his eye on a walk-on that he can put in the game to pick up a 4th and 1 vs a Corstal opponent over Chaney.

How bad is his OL?

A lot of fluff in that, trying to be too creative I guess. He has long speed, that's for sure and isn't always easy to take down.

The negative, I really don't see a can't miss five star recruit there though. I'm not really wow'd by that set of highlights and to be honest, I never have been with him.

What's his stats on the season? I've read they've taken him out, saying his father who's on the staff does.

Exactly. Chaney is an exciting prospect because of his size and speed combo. When the hole is defined and he gets in space he can do much more than our current backs with his acceleration. If he has to create yards behind the line of scrimmage his + traits will be suppressed and he will disappoint. He's not the most elusive guy in terms of wiggle, lateral cuts or curvilinear movement and he will need to adjust to making reads outside of a wishbone offense. We need to be moving bodies and blocking the right guys in gap scheme to let him shine.

Pretty fair assessment. Give him daylight and he's going to put up yards. Bad OL, so people say in high school, well that's what he's walking into here.

Man, I'm not sure that Enos isn't calling plays with all those runs to the boundary.

Advertisement
How bad is his OL?

A lot of fluff in that, trying to be too creative I guess. He has long speed, that's for sure and isn't always easy to take down.

The negative, I really don't see a can't miss five star recruit there though. I'm not really wow'd by that set of highlights and to be honest, I never have been with him.

What's his stats on the season? I've read they've taken him out, saying his father who's on the staff does.
What do you mean how bad his oline is? It’s terrible given the comp some of the teams they face. 225-250 pound lineman blocking for him. And yes his father is on the staff at gulliver prep

in 10 games
11 yards per carry
1271 rushing yards
13 touchdowns as a senior.

chaney is very impressive rb. Whoever did his highlight didn’t do a good job with the different angles and stuff but he’s a stud. Check out his junior highlight , he had the best film of any other rb I’ve seen in this class other than Demarcus bowman.

Advertisement
In terms of Miami backs I see A mix of gore and mcgahee
I use those two cause one cut and hard to bring down....also mcgahee was just like that as well. I was trying to use more recent guys I try to stay away from ancient players. Chubb is the guy he most reminds me off

How tough is the schedule Belen plays? Looks like he's facing off against munchkins. Wonder how steep the learning curve will be when faces off against actual athletes next year.

Advertisement
Columbus I know, the other one I'm not even sure if you're implying that's a school.
As I said Earlier he was pretty productive against schools with legit d1 talent , they played others as well like Columbus and gulliver prep to name a few. Belen Jesuit played a good schedule this year and all things considered with the line he has blocking for him(none have d1 futures) he did well.

8 rushes 72 yards vs Miami southridge
14 rushes 97 yards vs Miami norland
14 rushes 90 yards vs Miami central
Columbus and gulliver prep too.(was productive in those games too).
As a senior He averaged over 11 yards per carry playing a good schedule 13 tds 1270 rushing yards with that type of oline blocking for him.

If you want to see a highly rated rb playing a trash schedule look no further than uga commit Kendall Milton who runs a 4.7 40 and plays against completion like this weekly. Look like he’s playing against some middle schoolers

Last edited:
Wow. Did not know Gulliver is a very talented football school nowadays.

Advertisement
Back