Don Chaney SR HL

Bingo.... no knock to Chaney, know the kids father well.... But no one in this state is close to Bowman’s level. That cat is a different kind of different

I stopped following Bowman's recruiting a while ago...Is it a 2 team UF/Clemson race? Who else is involved?

EDIT: NVM just googled.

Advertisement
Just watched his highlights and the first comp that comes to my mind is Deejay Dallas. Doesn’t go down easy. Good but not great speed. Similar frame. They turn the corner similarly. Similar pad level and running style. Not so sure how he’ll translate in pass pro and as a receiver like Deejay.

Advertisement
Just watched his highlights and the first comp that comes to my mind is Deejay Dallas. Doesn’t go down easy. Good but not great speed. Similar frame. They turn the corner similarly. Similar pad level and running style. Not so sure how he’ll translate in pass pro and as a receiver like Deejay.
Chaney has great speed, 10.71 100m and ran a 4.55 verified 40 at the Nike opening combine earlier in the year while being over 200. I like Deejay Dallas but he is no where near the proper comparison for Don Chaney

Chaney has great speed, 10.71 100m and ran a 4.55 verified 40 at the Nike opening combine earlier in the year while being over 200. I like Deejay Dallas but he is no where near the proper comparison for Don Chaney

Deejay came out of HS right around 200-205 lbs and ran a 4.45 (hand timed) his soph year after he put on 20 pounds. I’m sure he’s around that 4.55 lasered.

Chaney reminds me of Deejay right now. As a junior in college. Maybe not as polished because of his HS system but that seems like a major compliment to me.

Deejay came out of HS right around 200-205 lbs and ran a 4.45 (hand timed) his soph year after he put on 20 pounds. I’m sure he’s around that 4.55 lasered.

Chaney reminds me of Deejay right now. As a junior in college. Maybe not as polished because of his HS system but that seems like a major compliment to me.
I dont Put any credibility into hand times especially not that one since he was hawked down by a fcs team Savannah state last year on a breakaway run. regardless and this isn’t a slight to Dallas but he isn’t running anywhere near a 10.7 100m which indicates Chaney has better breakaway speed and is more explosive. Two completely different style of Running backs imo

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back